Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott Park Lane [Master Thread]

Old Aug 26, 2002, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond

Does anyone have information on the new Park Lane opening in Nov 2002? It's across from Hyde park and is category 6 with lots of availability next June and July. Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2002, 7:52 pm

Are you referring to 47 Park Street? If so, go to: www.granderesidenceclub.com

[This message has been edited by BeantownDisneyFan (edited 08-26-2002).]
Old Aug 26, 2002, 9:29 pm
Patron

London Marriott Hotel Park Lane at 140 Park Lane opens on November 4th 2002: http://www.marriotthotels.com/dpp/Pr...-9388875A4799}
Marriott Grand Residence Club (2nd home ownership) at 47 Park Street is a different place: http://www.grandresidenceclub.com/lo...on/default.asp

Old Aug 27, 2002, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Was this another hotel at one time? Would this be a nice convenient neighborhood for seeing the attractions of London or should I stick with another Marriott in London that's better known?
Old Aug 27, 2002, 9:07 am
Patron

For seeing the attractions of London try to book an award at the Renaissance London Hotel Chancery Court, 252 High Holborn, it is also a Category six hotel. If there is no availability the neighbourhood of Marriott Hotel Park Lane is ok, next underground station is Marble Arch.

Old Aug 29, 2002, 8:20 pm

Programs: Free Agent! B6 Mosaic, AA 5MM LT Plat (EXP gone), SPG LT Plat, WN APlus, Hilton Diamond
We stayed at the Chancery Court hotel last May and it was very nice. Convenient to underground, decent restaurant, room and service excellent.
Old Aug 30, 2002, 4:40 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Website says "Built in 1919 as a grand apartment building with a facade in the style of those found on the Champs Elysees"

Muerz
Old Oct 30, 2002, 2:21 pm

All,

I've got to decide between using a 7 night certificate at the Park Lane or the Renaissance London Chancery Court Hotel. Thoughts? Should I risk a 7-night vacation on a new hotel?

Thanks for your comments.

FlyAAlot
Old Oct 31, 2002, 3:44 am

The Park Lane Marriott looks to be very posh. However, not sure how they are going to open this month - it still looks pretty much like a shell when you walk by it. The hotel is attached to a small apartment complex and will share some facilities.

I think the location is better than the Renaissance. The hotel is right in the middle of Oxford Street, near Mayfair, and not too far from Knightsbridge.

Can't speak on facilities, etc., but I do walk by the Renaissance on my way to work every day and the facilities, etc. look fantastic - probably a better overall deal than the Park Lane.
Old Nov 5, 2002, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Was in London for the weekend and went over to check it out heres the dope:

1) its a 5 star hotel that is owned by Marriott Intl(the Marble Arch is privately owned).

2) its a Cat 6 for rewards, M.A. is a 4 star and Cat 7 for rewards(major difference, less rooms than MA and less meeting rooms.

3) its on the corner of Park Lane and Oxford St(although the main entrance is off Park Lane on a street thats parralel to Oxford)

4) it looks like it does in the pic on the website except there are 2 buildings the 2nd is next to it but not facing ParkLane. Its an old bank building like the Ren is.

5) a standard room I was told is about the same size as the ones at M.A. and was told that they have about 20+ of them and that one should go for the Exec king if room size is important or higher. The best rooms will be those facing the park with high ceilings etc.

6) opening was pushed back from 11/4 to 11/18 but it will be opened on 11/18. the outside stores arent ready yet as they were still working on the lobby but was told that the rooms are ALL completed.

7) as for location cant be beat. if you go out what looked like an entrance on ParkLane then you'll be just a few feet from the Marble Arch tube station, or go around the corner onto Oxford and catch all the major buses. also a short 2 block walk to Marks & Spencers and Selfidges not to say everything else.

8) also most rooms will be king beds

all in all I just found my Marriott for London, especially sice its a Cat 6 and not 7. I was to stay at the Ren last week but changed it after I saw it back in Sept. I just the location etc of the ParkLane prop over the Ren and even CountyHall because of its location,location,location
Old Jan 18, 2003, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA plat (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Titanium
Any feedback yet? How about a comparison with the Renaissance Chancery Court?
Old Jan 19, 2003, 4:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
craz...thanks for the exhaustive analysis of the Park Lane!! I'm taking my virgin trip to London in April and several weeks ago, I booked a week's stay at the Park Lane sight unseen. I looked at all the Marriott properties online and liked the location, the fact that it was new/renovated and the number one reason....got to have high speed Internet access, especially in Europe.
Sounds like I may have lucked out here.....
Old Jun 3, 2003, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Marriott Park Lane - great experience

At the advice Skiadcock, I'm posting here with some feedback about the Marriott Park Lane. My parent's stayed there recently for their anniversary.

While there, they were upgraded to the concierge level in a room which they described as one of the best views of Hyde Park in the hotel. They were taken very well care of by the Guest Relations managers and had complimentary drinks & chocolate covered strawberries in their room upon arrival. Overall, they had a spectacular stay and were impressed by the service of the staff.

So if any of you are looking for a great property in London, this is the one.

Thanks to Skiadcock for recommending it!

Old Jun 3, 2003, 7:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhatnasx:
At the advice Skiadcock, I'm posting here with some feedback about the Marriott Park Lane. My parent's stayed there recently for their anniversary.

While there, they were upgraded to the concierge level in a room which they described as one of the best views of Hyde Park in the hotel. They were taken very well care of by the Guest Relations managers and had complimentary drinks & chocolate covered strawberries in their room upon arrival. Overall, they had a spectacular stay and were impressed by the service of the staff.

So if any of you are looking for a great property in London, this is the one.

Thanks to Skiadcock for recommending it!

</font>

I too stayed at the Park Lane a couple months ago. As a multi-year Platinum MR member, I, as usual, wasn't upgraded but that's a whole 'nother story.
I found the staff very friendly and the restaurant very good. We got to know the restaurant manager pretty well and actually ate a couple dinners there.
I did have Concierge Lounge access...which, BTW, is on the ground floor of this hotel. The offerings were quite satisfactory and saved us more than a few $$'s in breakfast costs.

Old Jun 15, 2003, 3:31 pm

Sounds like this is a very nice property. I will be in London for 3 days in August as part of my annual summer trip to EUR. I am wondering where I should stay this year since this is going to be my friend's first UK/London visit. My usual hotel has been Sheraton Park Lane. Here's my consideration;

Sheraton Park Lane
(Pros)
* Great SPG Platinum recognition - always preblock and upgrade me to their huge suites along with nice welcome amenities (bubbly/wine & sweet stuff)
* Great location
* The rate (I booked) includes continental breakfast
(Cons)
* Worn out facility in general - no rehab/renov for a long time
* No exec lounge
* Tiny workout facility/no swimming pool

Merriott Park Lane
(Pros)
* Newly opened
* Great location
* Executive Lounge (for free breakfast & evening cocktails)
* Health Club with indoor swimming pool
(Cons)
* Uncertainty of MR platinum recognition - room upgrade/welcome amenity, etc.

Ratewise, Marriott is a bit higher, but I could use MR points for a night to lower the cost. I am kind of leaning towards Marriott, but I guess the biggest concern is their platinum member recognition.

I would appreciate if MR platinum members could post your recent stay/experience at the property.

Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.