Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pittsburgh, PA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pittsburgh, PA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by IrieDame
sophiegirl...I am staying there next Wednesday night so I will post my review for you...I have settled on the Renaissance.
That would be great - we are going for our anniversary - (yes, I know - as I said in an earlier post, outright laughter is not allowed, but a private snicker is ok! ) it's not like we have a lot of choices, but everyone has spoken so highly of it..........
Old Mar 20, 2008, 6:56 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Have stayed at the Renaissance, and other than downtown construction that made it difficult to get to, I was very impressed. Have also stayed at the Marriott City Center and would give that a pass, mostly based on location.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 3:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
Don't stay at the Marriott ....
Old Mar 20, 2008, 11:26 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Northern Traveler
Don't stay at the Marriott ....
I second
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Oh my...oh my...sophiegirl be prepared for a lovely stay...I am only here for about 18 hours and wish I could extend my stay...from the moment I came out of the cab and was greated by the attentive attendants to walking up to the front desk. The check in clerk said a very special welcome and when she saw what room I was assigned, she said, you will love your room. That is the type of welcome I like..now I am paying well over $300 tonight for this room so hoped for a nice one. Then I got up to my high floor, not the one with the concierge room although I will go up there and I never go to concierge lounges but the way the front desk clerk described the offerings, I at least have to go and look. Now for the room....I have a corner room so although it is not a suite it is elongated...you walk in and to the immediate left is the desk and bed to the right and then the other corner is a living room area....many windows on two walls...I look out at PNC stadium and then the football stadium at the other end. The decor is stunning, the drapes and wallpaper very classy and tasteful. The bathroom is well appointed with a large window looking out at PNC also. I am very impressed....now I am room service person so will not be venturing out so can only tell you about the room and then later the concierge lounge...but this hotel goes to my top 5 in North America...and it is sunny today in Pittsburgh so with the windows ipen quite a nice view. I also learned after taking a taxi here from the airport that they have a shuttle...I did not even think to ask that as they are so far away...another nice touch!!!
Old Mar 26, 2008, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
Thanks for the feedback, I have always stayed at the Marriott at it sucks!
Old Mar 27, 2008, 4:08 am

One note of correction...it is not a complimentary shuttle the airport...the cost is $20.00.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 4:40 am

IrieDame - thank you. In some ways, this trip is coming at a bad time, so we now have something to really look forward to!

I appreciate the time you took to leave the post....I will update my own experience upon my return.....
Old Mar 27, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by IrieDame
One note of correction...it is not a complimentary shuttle the airport...the cost is $20.00.
Hmmm-not such a "nice touch"then
What would a cab cost?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 8:17 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Hmmm-not such a "nice touch"then
What would a cab cost?
About twice that.

Here's the shuttle company; it's not run by the hotel: http://www.pghtrans.com/express_fares.cfm

It doesn't help that the company that owns the shuttle also owns the main cab company. But cabs are at least in the $30s one-way, so the shuttle is half the cost of the cab.

If you want to really slum it there's a public bus for a few bucks each way.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 8:32 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
No subway/train staition nearby-is this an option from the airport?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 9:32 am

Yes coming to the hotel yesterday it was $36 plus tip in a cab and of course $20 back on the shuttle...the only stop after us was the Hilton so nice ride.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 9:49 am

Although I have not stayed in the hotel itself; I am quite familiar with PIT - the distance from the hotel to the airport, the ummm, "quality" of cabs in PIT - a BUS - uh, NO. Sorry bigguy, $20 is a bargain and might as well be complimentary. I agree with iriedame............nice ride if and when needed.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:56 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
No subway/train staition nearby-is this an option from the airport?
Bigguy,

PIT does have a subway but it is very small and only covers the immediate downtown area and Station Square. The airport is a good 10+ miles away from the nearest subway station. Having grown up in the NY Metro area, I am fond of saying the NYC Subway system has stations that are bigger than the entire PIT subway system. The shuttle is a good deal in this case.

--Jon
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:33 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by CrazyOne
If you want to really slum it there's a public bus for a few bucks each way.
The bus is hardly "slum[ming] it" but YMMV. It's clean, safe, dependable and comfortable enough. It's the 28X, which is an express route that makes only 3 stops between PIT and downtown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.