Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Lodge at Sonoma Resort, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: platbrownguy
Hotel website: The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa

Resort fee includes (hat tip to sg59) includes: internet, daily hike, yoga, 2hr free bicycle rental, winetasting and minibus to Sonoma square. resort fee also covers daily Sangria (if you like that), two bottles of water daily, a single use $10 discount voucher that you can use at The Bean and bottle or The Spa. There is daily yoga and a local hike, as platinum we could rent a bike free for two hours. Reception have free coffee, mini muffins and croissants about 8.30 am, and fruit and cookies in the afternoon about 4pm, before wine tasting.

Breakfast: option of 1,000 points or breakfast. Breakfast allowance is $30 pp (max 2). (Update 5/11/2019: YMMV on breakfast; there is a meager "continental buffet" and depending on the wait staff you may be permitted to order eggs and sides for free as well.)
Print Wikipost

The Lodge at Sonoma Resort, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Old Sep 25, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I, too, have stayed in both regular rooms in the lodge and cottage rooms. While the size is roughly the same, I did feel that the cottages seem a little more special, like you're not just in a generic hotel room somewhere. Depending on the location of the cottage, they are also more convenient to the swimming pool and spa, although the property overall is small enough that walking from place to place isn't too big of a deal.

The one piece of advice I always offer folks staying here is to make sure that you eat at the on-site restaurant, Carneros, for both breakfast and dinner at least once. With so many wonderful restauarants around it can be tempting to skip "the hotel restaurant", but in this case it is truly excellent. So good, in fact, that locals actually eat there (which tells you something)!
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
We have eaten both breakfast and dinner @ Carneros and you are correct, excellent!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:11 pm

We are strongly considering staying here for 5 night reward stay in September. I know that this property is going up 1 category (EDIT: from 6 to 7), I'd need to pre-book my reward stay by March 14th, before it becomes 20,000 points more expensive.

I just wanted to see if there are any new updates for this property. I am Silver member at the Marriott, so I would not expect upgrades or additional amenities. That being said, it seems like a great location and my wife and I (and at that time our new born baby ) and I'd love to hear any updated feedback.

Cheers,

PedroNY

Last edited by PedroNY; Mar 1, 2012 at 9:30 am
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I stayed one night here earlier this year, really great property. Got a whole condo as an upgrade with 2 fireplaces. Dinner was very good at the on-site restaurant and the staff were very friendly. Of course it's also close to tons of wineries, I think you'll enjoy it.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I believe it's actually going from category 6 to 7.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier, SPG Plat, Delta Skymiles Silver Medallion
Just finished up a 2-night stay here - great property. Got an upgrade to a cottage room with a fireplace. I glanced inside one of the lodge rooms, and they didn't look much different - still had a fireplace and all rooms have an outside sitting area. Complimentary wine tasting on the property, nice pool/hot tub area, and good food choices on property. No plat benefits besides the arrival gift and room upgrade (which I didn't expect since I have to stay at the deep discount government rate), but I would still like to come back here on vacation. Great jumping off point for both sonoma and napa wineries. With light traffic, about a 20 min drive to Napa, 30 to Yountville, 40 to Calistoga. Concierge will ship your wine for a fee, but might be better off just checking it in your luggage and waiting 2+ weeks for the wine to recover.

One comment regarding the cottage rooms - the entrance to the room faces the outside, which might bother some people. Also, if you have trouble climbing stairs, make sure they give you one of the bottom floor as the cottages have no elevators.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
Heading there tonight for a 2 night stay. Am on a pretty short vacation out here and was originally planning on doing one night here and then drive down the PCH to Monterey before going into the city to round out the wknd at the downtown JW. I am actually quite looking forward to this stay now.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Is this place giving free breakfast to gold/plat elites on weekdays?? It looks like a resort location, so I don't expect too much. But, just to make it sure..
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
surprised that this prop is not listed in Sharon's sticky...............
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html
but in answer to part of your queston it is a resort..............
https://www.marriott.com/hotel-searc...ssance.resort/
and, as reported above................
"No plat benefits besides the arrival gift and room upgrade" so no brekkie.............

Originally Posted by OneWorldTraveller
Is this place giving free breakfast to gold/plat elites on weekdays?? It looks like a resort location, so I don't expect too much. But, just to make it sure..
Old Nov 3, 2012, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
surprised that this prop is not listed in Sharon's sticky...............
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html
but in answer to part of your queston it is a resort..............
https://www.marriott.com/hotel-searc...ssance.resort/
and, as reported above................
"No plat benefits besides the arrival gift and room upgrade" so no brekkie.............
I didn't add it to the sticky because the recent reports said it's following resort policy. Normally I just add a resort property if we get a report of them doing something.

Having said that, it's getting really nice reviews from FTers so wouldn't mind staying there sometime.

Cheers.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:31 pm

Programs: United silver, American Platinum, Marriott platinum, Starwood Gold, Hertz gold, Avis First
Time for a thread update!

Planning a trip to this place for a long weekend this summer after dumping the kids on grandma. We've been to Napa quite a few times, so we know the area.

I was planning a reward stay, but I was curious - the cottages are what I'm looking for to reward my wife for helping me earn all the free points. I can't book the cottages for a reward stay - any one have any luck getting upgraded on a reward stay? Any advice?

Thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 4:16 pm
hts

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat
We stayed there in December (5 nights the week between xmas and NYE) and got upgraded. The property was very quiet that week, but there was no hesitation fulfilling my request for an upgrade at check-in.

Overall a very nice property and a most enjoyable stay as we toured Sonoma, Russian River Valley, and spent a day in Napa.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, Marriott Gold
I can't comment on rewards stay upgrade but...

.... we recently stayed at the property (March 7-10) in a cottage room using the Sip and Savor package. I have stayed at the property many times and in a number of different rooms/cottages and they are basically the same. I found that booking the cottage room actually became a source of stress for me because I had certain expectations but the reality is that you may get a cottage that faces the parking lot, and then it is a little disappointing. Or you want an upstairs room but you don't get one. It goes on and on.

All I can say is that you won't be disappointed with anything that faces the interior gardens, whether you are in the main building or in a cottage. I would ask for an upgrade via the virtual concierge although I did contact requesting an upper cottage room and we did not receive it. I don't remember if/when you said you were going. I was stunned at how crowded the place was so I hope you are going during a time that is less crowded so your chances of an upgrade are greater.

BTW, the only benefit to the S&S package was the free breakfast; our daily tab would have been $45-50. Enjoy - Sonoma is gorgeous.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
I have always been upgraded to the Cottages while booking the Government rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.