Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2003, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref

A friend who works at a Marriott Courtyard has booked me a Marriott Associate Pleasure Rate for $49 at a Marriott Suites. Will I accure points and to me, more importantly stay credit for this rate? additionally will plat status be recognized? Will the 500 point Plat amentity bonus offered?
Old Oct 16, 2003, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
hhoope01 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up Socrates.. I appreciate the input

TH

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by socrates:
Originally posted by TrojanHorse:
A friend who works at a Marriott Courtyard has booked me a Marriott Associate Pleasure Rate for $49 at a Marriott Suites. Will I accure points and to me, more importantly stay credit for this rate? additionally will plat status be recognized? Will the 500 point Plat amentity bonus offered?</font>
Answer to all of your questions is NO, actually you do not qualify for this rate as a friend of an associate and the rate will not be honored by the front desk infact your friend could end up in alot of trouble as well for doing this

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited 10-16-2003).]
Old Oct 16, 2003, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted

Old Oct 16, 2003, 1:58 pm

Have your friend call back and book you a Friends and Family rate. Usually these are $10-20 higher. No points/status/anything on the rates however.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted

Old Oct 16, 2003, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Rather than take any risk, I cancelled the reservation and rebooked at the AAA rate which is only $30 bucks more.. which really isn't much more, and the risk just didn't justify it.. plus I get the points, stay credit and plat amenity.. again, thanks for the input

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by socrates:

Gosh I didn't even read who started the thread.......had I known it was you...J/K

Seriously though...please tell your friend to be careful with this...it's not worth loosing a job over (it can even cause all of the other associates at the location he/she works at to loose their benefit as well)
</font>
Old Jun 11, 2004, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver, United Premiere, Hilton Silver, National Execuitve Elite
Friends & Family Rates Eligible for Points Earning?

In reading some other threads, it looks like other folks have a consistent problem in getting points credited. I've never had a problem until last week. I was staying (for the first time) on a friends & family rate and my points haven't posted yet (it's only been a week, but normally they've posted by now). Before I bother sending in a request, I though I'd ask y'all here whether the MMF rate even qualifies for points earning. Thanks.

Oh, and P.S. - With regard to another topic I see posted here a lot, I got upgraded to a King Suite on my Friends & Family rate.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 8:04 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Welcome

I cant't tell you whether the rate qualifies for points or not. As a matter of fact I've never heard of the rate, so maybe you or some one can explain what it is. I've been a PLT for a while and it just goes to show you that you learn something all the time on FT

In any case, welcome to FT and the Marriott forum. Hope you post here often and learn as much as I have over the past 18 months.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver, United Premiere, Hilton Silver, National Execuitve Elite
It's a "special" rate that a Marriott Employee needs to set up for you. They need to fill out a special internal form to get the rate approved and then fax it to the hotel you're staying at to confirm the rate (I think they can also give you the form and have you take it to the hotel). I had never used it before, but my wife recently made a new friend that works in reservations. She offered to let us use it because we were trying to stay at a place we otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford. I don't know if Marriott limits the number of times each employee can offer it to their friends/family, but I doubt I'll be hitting her up for it very often. Save it for when we're taking a nice weekend someplace, and let the Company continue to pay rack rates - or at least corporate rates - Monday through Friday.

The rate is mentioned in the thread about various Marriott codes. The online booking code is MMF (if you're curious to see what the Friends & Family rates are), but remember that the rate will be declined if the internal paperwork isn't provided to the hotel.

Last edited by FlyWithoutWings; Jun 11, 2004 at 10:14 am
Old Jun 11, 2004, 8:59 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

That is correct FlyWithoutWings. It is a rate available to Marriott employees for their friends and family and does require an authorization form to be eligible. If the form is not provided upon check in, the front desk will change the rate accordingly.

In answer to your original question, the Friends & Family rate did recently become applicable for credit. I believe the change was made at the end of last year. Therefore, if your Marriott Rewards number was on the reservation, the stay should go through.

Normal posting time is 10 business days from the check out date. If you do not see the stay post by that time, I would recommend calling Guest Services to have it researched for you.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 9:14 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Thanks for the info !!!!
Old Jun 11, 2004, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I recently used an MMF, and the desk clerk said the rate wasn't eligible for points. I didn't argue - thinking that the system will do the right thing and worst case credit my incidentals - but he erased my number from the reservation. He refused to add it back when I asked him about it.

At the time I checked out, he wasn't working. Another clerk happily added my number back to the reservation. It hasn't been 10 days yet, but I'm assuming that the points will post - even if it's just the incidentals. (It's not a huge deal and I didn't want to throw a fit about it since the rate was so good, but the guy at the desk should have left my number in the record. If the system throws it out - fine.)

Also, if you don't want to go the fax route (because you are concerned that the hotel will lose it or whatever), you can take the signed authorization form from the marriott employee to the hotel yourself and hand it over at checkin.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 9:34 am
Suspended

Eeek! I just looked at the folio from my MMF stay that hasn't posted yet and my MR number is NOT on it. It was certainly on the reservation, and I probably still have the confirmation to prove that. But Chris, if my MR Number is NOT on my folio, am I basically SOL on getting credit for it? Thanks.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:01 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by FlyWithoutWings
Eeek! I just looked at the folio from my MMF stay that hasn't posted yet and my MR number is NOT on it. It was certainly on the reservation, and I probably still have the confirmation to prove that. But Chris, if my MR Number is NOT on my folio, am I basically SOL on getting credit for it? Thanks.
Of course not. That just means the stay will need to be manually added since the system will not automatically send it through. Again, I would either contact Marriott Guest Services to have them add it, or use the online missing stay form to submit the request. You will need to log into your account online however, to access the online form. Either way you are still applicable for credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.