Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels North Shore - Glenview IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...o-north-shore/

Cat 3. Opening Feb 2017.

It's an all-suite property. Has exec lounge. Complimentary parking.

"Spacious two room suites, complimentary high-speed wireless internet, high definition in-room guest entertainment package and complimentary bottled water are just a few examples of the amenities you will enjoy at our contemporary All-Suite property. Relax in the casual atmosphere of Bourbon Kitchen & Tap and enjoy hand crafted cocktails, local brews and a wide variety of american cuisine. If on the run, we got you covered with many fresh and healthy options, or simply grab a Starbuck's Coffee at our Grab N Go. Indoor heated pool and 1,000 sq. ft. fitness center."
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
It's the former Wyndham Glenview Suites property that you see from I-294 (the Tri-State Tollway).

Before it was a Wyndham, it was something else. It's built around an open interior atrium, a bit like the older Embassy Suites properties (but that's not what it was).

Delta Hotels, Marriott's conversion brand, seems to be the answer to reflagging properties that don't have the physical characteristics of a new-build Marriott or Renaissance property, nor the individuality of an Autograph Collection property.

Last edited by Horace; Feb 21, 2017 at 5:02 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Website says it's now opening March 2017.

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:59 pm

Crummy location IMO. Not easy on/off for an expressway hotel and though there are a couple of office buildings around (pretty small), it seems odd how they will generate enough revenue there. Only other thing I can think of around that area is the Chicago Executive Airport.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by dank0014
Crummy location IMO. Not easy on/off for an expressway hotel and though there are a couple of office buildings around (pretty small), it seems odd how they will generate enough revenue there. Only other thing I can think of around that area is the Chicago Executive Airport.
I agree that access from the I-294 toll road (from Chicago-O'Hare) is awkward. Even though the hotel is right by I-294, there's no exit nearby. Getting between the Rand Road exit and the hotel isn't as bad with GPS as it was before GPS.

It's likely that most guests will be business travelers with rental cars. There are many businesses in the northern suburbs of Chicago.

The hotel is right on Milwaukee Road. The very closest office buildings may be small, but there are plenty of business destinations within a 5-miles radius. For example, Allstate Insurance headquarters is 1 1/2 miles away.

Marriott Rewards will be a bigger draw than Wyndham Rewards.

There's a Courtyard nearby, but elite guests are likely to prefer the all-suite Delta Hotel with the Gold/Platinum breakfast benefit.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Nice looking lobby:

Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:55 am

Stayed here last week for several days. Service was excellent. The hotel is large with an indoor atrium. The rooms reminded me of Embassy Suites. As a Plat they gave us the top floor (7) without asking and the room overlooked the parking lot instead of the freeway.

The good: I love the minimalist decor in the rooms and it was very clean.

The bad: It was a tub overlay so it wasn't very stable in spots
the mattress was okay.

We weren't given our weekend breakfast coupons on arrival (thurs). We had to ask about weekend breakfast the next day when we found the pantry closed at 1pm. Why close it? There's nothing really in there but some fruit and water.

The pantry is a small room on the 7th floor. They have waters, fruit, soda and ice cream. There is no seating area. There is an island in the middle so you couldn't fit more than 7 -8 people inside at a time.

When we walked in to see what they had for breakfast there was an employee there and she just stood there. It was awkward. No greeting. There were 2 breakfast sandwiches in plastic containers on the counter. We weren't sure if they were for the guests already there or if they were samples. I think there was oatmeal too. I guess you are supposed to take your food back to your room.

Anyway, it was not good. I would have rather had someone greet us warmly and offer us bread and jam. And suggest that we could eat in the atrium below.

It was more weird than anything.

Breakfast was much better at the small restaurant the next day. While the food was mediocre, it did include eggs and bacon and the staff was excellent.

So overall, I would stay here again if I'm in the area but it was not convenient for a leisure trip to Chicago.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:34 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I recently spent one night here and while the suite was nice (if a bit barren), I likely won't be back.

Check-in was efficient enough and the agent warmed up and became friendlier after a bit of chit-chat, but it was not a polished experience by any means. I was assigned to a nice corner suite on the 6th floor facing away from 294.

Since occupancy was very low due to the upcoming 4th of July holiday, I was told that the Pantry was closed and was given a voucher for breakfast (no offer of 750 points instead).

After learning that this property has vending machines that accept mobile payments, and needing Samsung Pay transactions to meet a promo that was running at the time, I went down to the front desk to let them know that if they saw me walking back and forth between my room and the vending area (opposite ends of the hotel) several times overnight, there was nothing nefarious going on. They laughed and told me not to worry as there is no security guard at the hotel ()!

Despite having confirmed a 4PM late checkout at check-in, I was still woken up the next day shortly after noon with a call from the Supervisor on Duty asking if I would be needing a late checkout

At checkout, I spoke with the same Supervisor on Duty regarding the disturbance and also the fact that I was not offered the Platinum Arrival Gift at check-in. She asked if I was given a breakfast voucher to which I replied yes, and she claimed that was the Platinum Arrival Gift. I tried explaining to her that Guaranteed Platinum Breakfast and the Platinum Arrival Gift were two separate benefits and she said she wasn't sure of that and would need to speak with her manager (who wasn't on duty) about it. I also told her that I hadn't utilized the breakfast voucher and never had any intention to and would prefer the 750 points instead. Again she stated that she was unfamiliar with that benefit and would need to speak to her manager about it. When I pressed further that the Platinum Arrival Gift is supposed to be either a $10 F&B voucher or 500 bonus points, she again looked confused, typed a bit on her computer, then stated that I had been given the points. At this point not wanting to argue any further, I just accepted it, but stressed to her that it is supposed to be an option given at check-in, not the agent deciding for me, and she asked if I wanted to switch to something else now that I was checking out

She asked me for my number to have her manager reach out to me regarding these issues, but of course no one has contacted me in nearly a week.

This property was formerly a Wyndham and the service level still reflects that.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
Few updates on this property. As of last week (Mar 4), this property has been converted into a Renaissance and is now the Renaissance Chicago Glenview Suites Hotel. I've been staying here every week for a month and a half now, and have found it to be relatively good. Nice lounge (though not huge) on the 7th floor with a decent breakfast and evening appetizers. Rooms are nicely sized and clean--but do feel a bit dated. Rooms facing the highway can get loud, but quiet on the parking lot side. Front desk staff is generally friendly, internet is fast, and ample free parking. When traveling with a certain company's corporate SET code, they also provide a coupon for breakfast at the lobby restaurant (Bourbon Kitchen & Tap) or drinks/food at the Starbucks counter for up to $16 daily. The dinner at Bourbon isn't that great, but not a terrible place to grab a bite when you can't get elsewhere. Some food options within a couple miles, including several Korean restaurants, burger joints, a few mediterranean spots, a couple Starbucks, and a Chipotle.

Have had very few service hiccups including a couple missed housekeeping options, but the management staff have been on top of it.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
This (if it ever happens) won't be relevant for a few years, probably, but thought I'd post anyway. It would make it easier to get to the hotel.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...q44-story.html

Also, for anyone staying at the hotel, know that it is located very close to the heart of Korean suburbia in the Chicago northern suburbs, meaning that there are a ton of good Korean restaurants fairly close by (easily within short driving distances, and you'd certainly have a car if you are staying here). For example, if you like Korean tofu soup (soondubu) try SGD (just up Milwaukee). Not the best service, but some of the better soondubu around.

For a different fast casual meal, Pita Inn just down Milwaukee is a great place for falafel, shwarma, etc.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Viking547
As of last week (Mar 4), this property has been converted into a Renaissance and is now the Renaissance Chicago Glenview Suites Hotel.
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-suites-hotel/

This has to be one of the fasting reflaggings of a hotel from one Marriott brand to another. Just two years under the Delta Hotels brand.

Although Renaissance and Delta Hotels are both officially "Premium" full-service hotel brands, I think most people would consider Renaissance to be a brand with higher standards and better properties. For Platinum Elite and above, the Renaissance lounge benefit is usually better than the Delta Hotels pantry benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.