Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Indianapolis - Disappointing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond

JW Marriott Indianapolis

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

JW Marriott Indianapolis

10 S West Street Indianapolis, IN US 46204

Disappointing (0 Photo)

JW Marriott Indianapolis

Stayed 3 nights for a conference & had been thrilled to find it was @ a JW as I've had very good stays @ these properties before. This, however, is not one of those properties.

The elevators are, hands down, the most annoying thing about this property. First, the club is on the 31st floor, but one bank of elevators only goes to the 22nd floor. So, if you are in that tower & want to go the club, it means trekking down to the lobby & then take another elevator. Further, it takes a guest room key card to use the elevators, but depending on which elevator you are in, you may need to leave your key card in the slot or you may not. Or you may only get to the 9th floor & get no further, like one poor young lady I rode with who was trying to get to the 18th floor. One elevator liked one of my key cards, but not the other. And on & on & on. After 3 hours, I was ready to leave. For this reason alone, I rated the hotel poor.

Be warned, ice machines are on the 2nd floor only. Staff will happily bring you a small bag of ice if you don't mind waiting &, of course, are prepared to tip. No thank you.

Upon arrival we told the valet we would need a bellman with a cart. Bellman came w/said cart & then stood & watched while we, & the valet, unloaded the car. Needless to say, he did not get a tip. It is now $45/day to valet, not that you'll see a sign anywhere telling your this or it is to self park.

Contacted the group sales person last fall about needing connecting rooms-she sent an e-mail back saying she had taken care of it, but, of course, upon arrival, nothing in the account. Had e-mailed her 2 days before arrival, to reconfirm, but never rec'd any response.

Be warned, as well, if you ship anything to this hotel, & I mean anything for any reason, it will get detoured to the in-house FedEx office where it will cost you $15 to bail it out.

The rooms are small & the bathrooms even smaller-again, not what I was expecting from a JW. Clerk at the front desk admitted there are motion sensors in the rooms to make sure the AC stays off @ night so be prepared to wake up in the middle of the night & run around the room to get the air going again. No ventilation in the bathrooms at all. Very low water pressure in the bathroom, especially the sink-I'm sure the hotel will claim it's a 'green' thing, but if I have to run the water twice as long because of the low water pressure, I'm not sure how 'green' that is!

If you are a Starbucks fan, you are in luck as there is a Starbucks on the 2nd floor. They will tell you this upon check-in & there is even a standing banner sign in each guest room to remind you of this. Wonder how much Starbucks is paying for this kind of inyourface advertising?

It's not all bad-the bed is comfortable & I'm sure is great to sleep in, if you can get the room cool enough to endure the bedding they use & don't mind the street noise since there is no way to get the fan to stay on to drown it out, either. There was a newspaper outside my door (1 out of the 3 mornings we were there), the internet can be 'purchased' for the entire length of stay w/no having to renew it every 24 hours (a la Hilton properties), bill under the door the morning of departure, and, of course, it is a Pepsi hotel.

Would I go back? Not sure-it's certainly not up to JW standards in my opinion & since there is a FS Marriott nearby, I would certainly investigate that property first.

Disappointing

Would you like to write a review on the JW Marriott Indianapolis?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
The air conditioning fail would make it a no go for me in Indy in the summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.