Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach - Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
09/18 update:

Breakfast for two is one of the choices for the new platinum amenity which is a big improvement in the new program. The 20% food discount remains for platinum although it excludes happy hour and room service. I believe silver gets 10% off and new gold gets 15% off. The happy hour is now a selection of drinks at a 25-33% discount so not much savings for platinum members as the 20% discount doesn't stack
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Press release on Marriott's website today:

http://news.marriott.com/2016/06/mar...ai-yang-beach/

Category 7.

"Marriott International, Inc. today announced the opening of Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach. The 180-room resort was completely refurbished.

Located on the sandy beach of Nai Yang, considered one of the most scenic area of Phuket, the 180-room resort is surrounded with tropical vegetation and lush green forest within the Sirinath National Park. It is just a 10-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and adjacent to the old town of Nai Yang along with numerous natural attractions and scenic hot spots.

Upon arrival, guests are greeted with signature welcome drinks in the open-air Greatroom with captivating views and the fresh Andaman breeze. Guest rooms are designed in two unique styles; traditional-Thai with relaxing earth tones, or a more sleek-contemporary décor with modern and innovative touches. A stay in the luxury Pool Villas located directly on the natural and exclusive beachfront offer an unforgettable, exclusive experience.

The Andaman Kitchen, an all-day dining restaurant, features a wide array of dishes whereas the beachfront Big Fish Restaurant & Bar serves fresh seafood and offers a wide range of enticing beverages, from local signature drinks to international renowned cocktails. Guests may also choose to enjoy afternoon tea in the spacious open-air lobby lounge with its spectacular views.

In addition to its beautiful aesthetics and natural surroundings, the Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach features upscale facilities and attractions which can be enjoyed 24 hours a day. From the large lagoon-inspired swimming pool to a fully equipped 24 hour fitness center, the luxurious Quan Spa with its world-renowned signature treatments to the beachside pirate-themed Kid’s Club, every guest’s desires are sure to be met."

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ai-yang-beach/

Opening promo:

"Special Opening Offer!
Experience the brand new Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach starting from just THB 3,499 per room per night. Book this special rate from now until 31 October 2016."

Cheers.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
IF (Big If) it's possible to walk from this hotel along the beach (road connection is very long and not a great road from what I can see on google maps) to the 'town' of Nai Yang beach then this becomes a very attractive halfway house between the madness of Patong and the lack of outside options at the JW/Renaissance complex on Mai Khao.

We make a point of driving from the Mai Khao locations to Nai Yang for dinner a few times every time we visit, restaurants there are great value and there's a lovely atmosphere to the area in the evening.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:21 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Has anyone stayed here yet? if so what did you think?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Quite a few reviews on TA. Marriott Nai Yang.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:23 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Quite a few reviews on TA. Marriott Nai Yang.
Thanks!!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:43 pm
t1c

I'm here now.. ask me anything...
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by t1c
I'm here now.. ask me anything...
Instead of asking you, if you could do a 'trip report' it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:58 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Instead of asking you, if you could do a 'trip report' it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
While that makes sense I just checked in less than 24 hours ago. So I cant update much. So I was asking so I can answer peoples questions more effectively.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by t1c
While that makes sense I just checked in less than 24 hours ago. So I cant update much. So I was asking so I can answer peoples questions more effectively.
Fair enough. Thanks for offering to answer questions & we look forward to your trip report after your stay. Enjoy your trip!

Cheers.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:34 am

Stayed here for a week in January. Very close to the airport. It is a beautiful property. We were given a cold drink upon check in and got into our room early. As Gold, we were told we were "triple upgraded". The room was very new and nice, with a big soaking tub in the bathroom, facing the pool. Pool is large and wraps around the hotel.

Our rate included breakfast, which was an amazing International buffet. We also had the BBQ buffet for dinner one night which was also amazing. Nice bar food and reasonably priced drinks, although the town of Nai Yang is much cheaper, as you would expect not being at the resort.

You can easily walk to Nai Yang beach and the little town there. You do have to cross a small patch of water, which gets about knee high at high tide and is dark walking at night but we just brought a flashlight (in your room closet, along with umbrella, robe and slippers) and felt perfectly safe after having dinner in Nai Yang.

The beach is pretty but the tide goes way out so a little hard to swim. We just walked to Nai Yang where it was great. Hotel had yoga on the beach, free kayaks and a few other fun activities. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Would recommend and happy to answer any other questions.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:56 am

Planning a week long stay in Phuket to use a Marriott travel package certificate...narrowed down to This newer property with limited reviews and the Merlin beach property.

Merlin will be at 30k points additional cost due to category, Marriott Nai Yang Beach will run another 60k points for the week. We like a)nice beach within walking distance, b) nice pools, c) as few kids as possible, and d) good options for off property dining either walkable or within a 10-15min taxi....we like to be fairly near stuff but not in the middle of it 24/7

Also we are platinum...haven't seen much as far as upgrades at either property at check in, or guaranteed prior to arrival for free or an added cost. Ruled out the JW and renaissance due to their location north of the airport. Any info would be appreciated!

Last edited by jsteinberg; Mar 15, 2017 at 11:32 am
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:07 pm

Jsteinberg,
I can't compare to Merlin (and hopefully someone will) but I think the Marriott Nai Yang Beach fits your criteria. We also ruled out the JW and Rennaisance as too far.

A. Nice beach is walking distance. Good swimming there. Not Caribbean crystal clear but nice for Phuket (and we did drive all over the island).

B. Very nice, large, wrap around swimming pool

C. We saw only a few small children at the resort

D. Best meal we had in Thailand was Black Ginger; within walking distance at the Slate Hotel. Beautiful ambiance too. Check it out. There are many casual beach front restaurants in Nai Yang that we enjoyed too.

https://www.theslatephuket.com/resta.../black-ginger/
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:10 am
t1c

Originally Posted by jsteinberg
Planning a week long stay in Phuket to use a Marriott travel package certificate...narrowed down to This newer property with limited reviews and the Merlin beach property.

Merlin will be at 30k points additional cost due to category, Marriott Nai Yang Beach will run another 60k points for the week. We like a)nice beach within walking distance, b) nice pools, c) as few kids as possible, and d) good options for off property dining either walkable or within a 10-15min taxi....we like to be fairly near stuff but not in the middle of it 24/7

Also we are platinum...haven't seen much as far as upgrades at either property at check in, or guaranteed prior to arrival for free or an added cost. Ruled out the JW and renaissance due to their location north of the airport. Any info would be appreciated!
I'm at Nai Yang now. I went to Merlin yesterday to do a comparison. Nai yang is overall a nicer hotel. Merlin is 10 minutes down the hill from Pa Tong Beach. Merlin has lots of kids, people, noise and a very busy resort feel. Pa Tong is 24/7 action.

Nai yang is in the middle of a nature preserve, quiet peaceful and only 188 rooms. Nai Yang beach changes with the tide, it was as close as 10 feet from my villa to being 300 feet away. Nai yang is 40 to 45 minutes away from Pa Tong. However there are many food options only 4 miles away off 402 and a little fishing village about 1/4 mile walk on the beach.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:03 am

really good info, thank you both for the response

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.