Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach - Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
09/18 update:

Breakfast for two is one of the choices for the new platinum amenity which is a big improvement in the new program. The 20% food discount remains for platinum although it excludes happy hour and room service. I believe silver gets 10% off and new gold gets 15% off. The happy hour is now a selection of drinks at a 25-33% discount so not much savings for platinum members as the 20% discount doesn't stack
Print Wikipost

Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach - Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:48 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by marlin
Jsteinberg,
I can't compare to Merlin (and hopefully someone will) but I think the Marriott Nai Yang Beach fits your criteria. We also ruled out the JW and Rennaisance as too far.

A. Nice beach is walking distance. Good swimming there. Not Caribbean crystal clear but nice for Phuket (and we did drive all over the island).

B. Very nice, large, wrap around swimming pool

C. We saw only a few small children at the resort

D. Best meal we had in Thailand was Black Ginger; within walking distance at the Slate Hotel. Beautiful ambiance too. Check it out. There are many casual beach front restaurants in Nai Yang that we enjoyed too.

https://www.theslatephuket.com/resta.../black-ginger/
In addition The JW, Renaissance and Marriott Vacation Club are all in the same cluster of hotels. They were all about 20 minutes away from HKT airport. Nai Yang is 10 minutes while Merlin is 1 hour for comparison.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:12 am

I gather Nai Yang does not have an executive lounge, right? Are breakfasts comped for Golds, but no happy hour benefits?

What about airport transportation? Is it by fixed rate taxis, and if so, anyone recall the rate?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I gather Nai Yang does not have an executive lounge, right? Are breakfasts comped for Golds, but no happy hour benefits?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-weekends.html

Cheers.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:53 pm

What about airport transportation? Is it by fixed rate taxis, and if so, anyone recall the rate?
I emailed the hotel and got the following information:

Complimentary breakfast is not available in our resort but we are pleased to offer the following benefits for Gold Elite Member.

- 20% discount on Food & Beverage.
- 20 % discount on Laundry
- 20 % discount on spa treatment at our Quan Spa [ a la cart menu]
- Complimentary internet access

Breakfast cost is THB 765 and the price after discount is THB 612 per adult per day.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by marlin
You can easily walk to Nai Yang beach and the little town there. You do have to cross a small patch of water, which gets about knee high at high tide and is dark walking at night but we just brought a flashlight (in your room closet, along with umbrella, robe and slippers) and felt perfectly safe after having dinner in Nai Yang.

The beach is pretty but the tide goes way out so a little hard to swim. We just walked to Nai Yang where it was great. Hotel had yoga on the beach, free kayaks and a few other fun activities. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Would recommend and happy to answer any other questions.
Thanks for the info. So, walking to Nai Yang beach and the town is easy and quick (someone mentioned 10 minutes) but will involve getting wet during high tide? When is high tide?

Did you notice if there are many local restaurants in town that offer vegetarian food? Also, are there grocery stores or supermarkets for snacks, fresh fruit, and drinks (including wine)?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
as a resort they're being very generous (but I've seen this being instituted at several other Asian resorts - Hua Hin, Khao Lak, Phu Quoc)

Complimentary breakfast is not available in our resort but we are pleased to offer the following benefits for Gold Elite Member.

- 20% discount on Food & Beverage.

Breakfast cost is THB 765 and the price after discount is THB 612 per adult per day.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Thanks for the info. So, walking to Nai Yang beach and the town is easy and quick (someone mentioned 10 minutes) but will involve getting wet during high tide? When is high tide?

Did you notice if there are many local restaurants in town that offer vegetarian food? Also, are there grocery stores or supermarkets for snacks, fresh fruit, and drinks (including wine)?
You get wet during low tide too. There's about a 10m wide stretch of water about halfway to the knee that you have to wade through. Easily done though and perfectly safe. The hotel gives you a tide chart when you check in so no need to remember when the tide comes in.

The tide goes out about 400-500m so its very shallow water and sandy all the way till the rocks about 400m out.

Yes, there are a couple of supermarkets in the village. Don't recall much about vegetarian food.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC

No lounge. No comp breakfast for Plats, but I had it in my rate anyway. Happy hour prices for everyone at 3 different lounges/bars 2-4pm, 4-6pm and 6-8pm to keep you socially lubricated.

Taxi from airport was 300, hotel car on the way back was 400. Grab was available but not much cheaper than that.

Good upgrades for Plats - I got upgraded to a Beachfront plunge pool 1 bed villa for a 4 day stay.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25
You get wet during low tide too. There's about a 10m wide stretch of water about halfway to the knee that you have to wade through. Easily done though and perfectly safe. The hotel gives you a tide chart when you check in so no need to remember when the tide comes in.

The tide goes out about 400-500m so its very shallow water and sandy all the way till the rocks about 400m out.

Yes, there are a couple of supermarkets in the village. Don't recall much about vegetarian food.
Thanks - so it sounds like we should wear shorts and sandals, since we'll get wet at all times for the walk to the village. Is this the same walk to both Nai Yang Beach and its village? Is the "village" on the beach or on the road along the beach?

Apparently the hotel provides a free shuttle to Nai Yang Beach twice a day. However, we can just walk and not have to rely on the limited shuttle schedule. Also, can we walk along the shuttle route as on option, to avoid getting wet?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:52 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Thanks - so it sounds like we should wear shorts and sandals, since we'll get wet at all times for the walk to the village. Is this the same walk to both Nai Yang Beach and its village? Is the "village" on the beach or on the road along the beach?

Apparently the hotel provides a free shuttle to Nai Yang Beach twice a day. However, we can just walk and not have to rely on the limited shuttle schedule. Also, can we walk along the shuttle route as on option, to avoid getting wet?
Yes you can walk but plan on getting wet going and coming if you are walking the beach...

You can actually see the edge of the village to your right if your facing the ocean..

Again just plan on getting wet or drive.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: Hilton, SPG,
I will be arriving to this resort soon, please advise how do I get decent Taxi from Phuket Airport to the resort. I saw the resort quoting 600THB one way. Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:36 am
Suspended

There are metered taxis at the airport only they won't turn the damn things on (despite the legal requirement to do so) and instead quote rates depending upon destination (even to nationals).

Originally Posted by Bonjour8850
I will be arriving to this resort soon, please advise how do I get decent Taxi from Phuket Airport to the resort. I saw the resort quoting 600THB one way. Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hilton, SPG,
Thanks for the info, seems like not much choice but to book the resort airport transfer to avoid being cheated.

Originally Posted by Srisarin
There are metered taxis at the airport only they won't turn the damn things on (despite the legal requirement to do so) and instead quote rates depending upon destination (even to nationals).
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bonjour8850
For hotel transfers: 600 baht is for Mercedes E class or Toyota Van. 400 baht for Toyota Camry.

I read earlier on this thread that the fixed rate at the airport taxi stand is around 300 baht. Can someone confirm?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Good luck with a taxi rate of Thb300 to the southern part of the island (as a local I'm charged more then that to the nearby Renaissance) but if interested the taxi mafia hotline to report this type of illegal ripoff activity is 1584

For hotel transfers: 600 baht is for Mercedes E class or Toyota Van. 400 baht for Toyota Camry.

I read earlier on this thread that the fixed rate at the airport taxi stand is around 300 baht. Can someone confirm?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.