Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun, South Korea [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

New Courtyard opened this month in Seoul. Cat 6. Exec lounge open daily. The property doesn't have any suites, so upgrades would be to larger room or tower view.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...oul-namdaemun/

"Located in the business and culture district, Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun has amazing views of Seoul’s iconic Namsan Tower and Namdaemun gate. The hotel has direct buses to Incheon International Airport and two subway stations are only 5 min walk away.

Experience the modern and cultural vibe of Seoul at Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun, the first Courtyard branded hotel located in the center of Namdaemun area....stunning views overlooking the country’s national treasure no.1 Namdaemun Gate....ideal venue located in the heart of Seoul. And our convenient hotel location which allows you to walk to City Hall and Namdaemun Market."

Cheers.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:49 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Wow, I did not realize that this property just opened this month. I passed it this month while in the area.

The area is really nice and close to the main attractions and Seoul station. Around the area, there are very good restaurants and the Namdaemun market.

Looking at the facilities at other CY's in Korea, and that the current GM is from the CY Pangyo - I expect that service would be as good as at Pangyo.

Looking forward to try this or maybe someone will be first.

Cheers!
Old May 30, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Thank you for posting about this hotel.. My spouse will be staying here next weekend for 10 nights.

Would anyone be able to provide detailed directions here taking the airport limousine? From the maps, I saw that it's bus #6005 and a 80 minute or so drive. Wanted to help her best I can getting here.

TIA
Old May 31, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Planning a stay here in SEPT so looking forward to the reviews.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
Curious if this is a fair rate for a hotel like this? Paying around 130USD (before taxes) for this hotel per night - staying 19 nights.

What is everyones opinion on that price? I see Best Western with similar star rating going for around 100USD per night - but I know how important location is.

Just trying to determine if I am getting a decent deal
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:51 pm

$130 USD seems like a great rate for a brand new hotel in such an expensive city. Plus it has a lounge.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA CK Hilton Diamond
The Arex express train from ICN to Seoul Station takes 43 minutes and costs 8,000 won cash. It is then a very short cab ride to the Courtyard (~5,0000 won)
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:19 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
Seems like an okay hotel, but I ended up moving after 10 nights. The service isn't up to par with other Marriott's in Seoul, but I still think this is a nice hotel if you can get a good deal.

Anyways, I don't want to be overly critical.

Concierge in lobby was wonderful, but I guess there was a bit of a language barrier everywhere else (executive lounge, room service, laundry,etc), all of which made me feel like I was better suited towards a different property. The locals seemed to enjoy the property, though.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by pooker
Seems like an okay hotel, but I ended up moving after 10 nights. The service isn't up to par with other Marriott's in Seoul, but I still think this is a nice hotel if you can get a good deal.

Anyways, I don't want to be overly critical.

Concierge in lobby was wonderful, but I guess there was a bit of a language barrier everywhere else (executive lounge, room service, laundry,etc), all of which made me feel like I was better suited towards a different property. The locals seemed to enjoy the property, though.
Pity to hear that. It's strange as this property is owned by the same owner of the CY in Pangyo and there service is very good.
I am wondering if this is because the property is new and they need to iron out these kinks. I know that during the opening, one of the Asst.Managers from the Pangyo property was at this property to help out for a couple of weeks (and she is very customer service oriented).

Cheers!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Anyone know if platinum get access to the lounge and have free breakfast? I've never stayed at Courtyard outside of NA
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Anyone know if platinum get access to the lounge and have free breakfast? I've never stayed at Courtyard outside of NA
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13849211-post1.html

Yes, Golds & Plats get access to exec lounges at CYs if they have one. Asia CYs are pretty good about either having an exec lounge or offering brekkie if there isn't one.

Cheers.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Has anyone stayed at this hotel and the plaza? If so, which one would you prefer? They seem to be fairly close to each other.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: SQ *G, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Le Accor Silver, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
New Courtyard opened this month in Seoul. Cat 6. Exec lounge open daily. The property doesn't have any suites, so upgrades would be to larger room or tower view.
Weird the hotel website states that there are suites "Suite Seoul Tower View".

Will be checking in this weekend as a Platinum (Thanks to the SPG-Marriott status match) and will see whats going on and update accordingly. Cancelled my stay at Sheraton Gangnam Palace - pretty sure its worth it just by the location alone althought the Palace hotel had a pretty mean health centre!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 9:25 pm

I can assure you the property DOES have suites. I'm in one now.

This is a great property. The lounge is superb. Staff wonderful. Rooms are modern and great. Do not hesitate to stay here.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'll be staying here in March. The post from SkiAdcock about Golds/Plats having access to the lounge is encouraging.

I read the reviews on the Marriott site and filtered by Gold status. It seems everyone who mentioned the lounge in their review said they received access automatically apart from one guy who said he had to 'battle' for it.

If anyone else has info to share about this property I'd be grateful. If I couldn't get lounge access I'd probably switch to the HIX nearby to get breakfast included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.