Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

Now that the new late check-out guarantee for elites has started as of today, thought we should have a thread detailing successes, failures, and other hiccups in the delivery of this benefit.

Hopefully we can also determine which "convention" hotels are excluded based on posts in this thread.

Please post your experiences here.
Old May 16, 2016, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And please be specific about when you requested the late checkout (relative to your stay). The late checkout T&Cs say that it's only "guaranteed" if you request no later than at check-in.

So reports about late checkouts requested the morning of check-out are not necessarily relevant!

For reference, the overall thread about the benefit is here:
Old May 16, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Staying in the Bogota Marriott now, requested a late check out at check-in and was automatically given 4pm without hassle.
Old May 16, 2016, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
A FTer who is traveling sent me an email that at check-in at the Renaissance Bangkok they were asked what time they wanted their check-out on departure day, they said 4pm, & the card key was programmed for 4pm w/o any hesitation.

Cheers.
Old May 16, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Boston Marriott Copley Place - asked at check-in if I wanted a 4pm check-out (3-night stay), which I accepted.
Old May 16, 2016, 10:00 pm

Programs: AI, BA, Etihad, Mariott, IHG, TIC
Post deleted as the experience quoted is before the new policy came into effect. Thanks to Vicki for pointing this out.

Will post future experiences when applicable.

Thanks,
Satish

Last edited by monkatpeace; May 18, 2016 at 9:11 am
Old May 16, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please read thread title before posting pre-change late request experiences.
Old May 16, 2016, 10:18 pm

Question

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Please read thread title before posting pre-change late request experiences.
Hi Vicki ..am sorry, am a bit confused.

I understand certain parts of my answer might not qualify for this thread. But the rest of my answer does, correct? Am asking this as the timelines as to when I placed the late check-out requests varied for each of my stays.

Ch33rs,
Monk
Old May 16, 2016, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then I must be confused as well. The new policy started today. It appears to me that all of your experiences were before today.
Old May 16, 2016, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Then I must be confused as well. The new policy started today. It appears to me that all of your experiences were before today.
I feel like a jackass now. Yes, agree completely. The experiences I posted above do not count.

Let me delete my earlier posts. I shall post an update once I complete a future stay and if I have a late checkout experience .

Ch33rs,
Monk
Old May 17, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
I understand that the policy officially changed on 5/16. However, I checked in on the app for a stay on 5/12 and there was an option to request a late checkout. I did this, and you then enter the time you are requesting.

At check in, there was no acknowledgement of the request. I asked for a 12:30 checkout (I really only needed the extra 30 minutes) and was given it without hassle, but either the entry I made in the app did not reach the property, or the associate failed to take note of it.
Old May 18, 2016, 8:57 am

Checking in tonight at a Courtyard and a Ritz on Friday. Will report back. I will request a late checkout at the Ritz upon check in.
Old May 18, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I just stayed at the Lexington in New York 5/13-5/16. I forgot to ask at check-in but on Saturday I asked for and was given a 2pm check-out for the 16th.
Old May 18, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75k Gold, Marriott Platinum
Checked in online for a 1 night stay Boscolo Milano (3/17) and requested 4pm checkout. Double checked with front desk on the following morning. Honored without hesitation.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:24 pm

Was asked at check in at a Courtyard in Saratoga Springs (5/17)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.