Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Name of hotel and location?

IF it's covered by the "guarantee", there shouldn't be any need to check availability. The front desk agent should have offered 4 pm initially rather than only 2.
Renaissance Las Vegas. I was a little surprised by it as well (especially since I made the indication in the app ahead of time), but wasn't sure if it was due to some loophole, or the fact that it's a holiday weekend, or some other factor.

Last edited by Saidoh; May 27, 2016 at 5:49 pm
Old May 27, 2016, 5:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK there's no exception for holiday weekends, but a Vegas hotel might be a convention property.
Old May 27, 2016, 8:28 pm

I hope you report the housekeepers and complain to the hotel when this happens, assuming that you're using the do not disturb sign. In a well managed hotel, staff should be trained that when they see a do not disturb sign, they are to check with the front desk to ascertain whether or not the room is occupied.

Even without a do not disturb sign, I'd object to housekeepers knocking before 9 am.
One particular instance I did not have the DND sign on the door - just forgot. I let it slide, but was still a little bothered that they would be knocking on my door before 9 a.m. to see if anyone was still there.

The only time I complained was when a DND was on the door and, honestly, I had a very late night and a few too many cocktails for a wedding. Front desk just apologized, nothing offered and I didn't ask for anything. I guess it's just a pet peeve. I understand the need to check, but if I have a sign on the door and I have a late checkout secured, why is there any reason to knock on door first thing in the morning.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
AFAIK there's no exception for holiday weekends, but a Vegas hotel might be a convention property.
The LAS Ren might be since it's 100 yards from the South Hall of the LVCC. Actually Marriott properties pretty much ring the LVCC. There's the Ren, the Marriott, SHS, CY, & RI, with the last 4 being directly across the street. It's definitely Marriott-land at the LVCC.

However, given the way the FDC phrased it not sure if it's exempt or she wasn't unaware of 4pm & thought 2pm was good.

FWIW - I think Marriott should have a list of convention properties & resorts that are exempt from the 4pm guarantee (doesn't mean elites can't ask for 4pm, but know it's not guaranteed). Might be something to post on MarriottInsiders & see if they can provide a list.

Cheers.
Old May 28, 2016, 11:23 am
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
I got 2pm at checkin at the Lexington in NYC; was told I'd have to ask day of departure for later (I could really use 3pm).
Old May 28, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Courtyard Portland convention center. Asked for 4 pm at checkin, granted. Called morning of check out to confirm, and assured me it was fine.

Left dnd sign on door, returned at 230pm to find room cleaned. Housekeeping came by at 3 wondering if I was staying the night. Said no, they were upset they had to reclean room.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:33 pm

Lexington NYC - 2 pm check-out - 'We need your room, but you're always welcome to rebook for another night'.
Old May 28, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Saidoh
Renaissance Las Vegas. I was a little surprised by it as well (especially since I made the indication in the app ahead of time), but wasn't sure if it was due to some loophole, or the fact that it's a holiday weekend, or some other factor.
I've stayed at that LV Ren too, and had a similar experience. In my case housekeeping came to clean the room at about 11:00AM in spite of the DnD sign, assuming I was already gone (I was in the shower).

I had a similar experience at the Henderson Nevada Courtyard just this month, although that was even earlier. Housekeeping tried to come in at more like 10AM in spite of the DND sign, and was shocked that I was still at the hotel. Again I was in the bathroom and none too happy. The staff at that CY was really outstanding except for that, but that is a huge fail in housekeeper training.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mab
I got 2pm at checkin at the Lexington in NYC; was told I'd have to ask day of departure for later (I could really use 3pm).
PLEASE COMPLAIN TO MARRIOTT. The guarantee is 4 pm. This is inexcusable.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by nycvisitor
Lexington NYC - 2 pm check-out - 'We need your room, but you're always welcome to rebook for another night'.
PLEASE COMPLAIN. This is not only inexcusable but assuming that you're an elite covered by the new guarantee, it's even fraudulent to suggest that you should pay for the guaranteed 4 pm checkout.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Ritz Carlton half moon bay.

Asked for late checkout and first told I had to call the day of departure. I pointed out that policy has recently changed and then told that not available because memorial day weekend. I told them there's no exception for weekends and then told not available because it's a "resort property". I noted that they don't have resort in their name and asked if there's a list of properties exempt from the policy. Then offered 2 pm, tired of arguing so I accepted.

Last edited by Boghopper; May 29, 2016 at 9:40 am Reason: Typo
Old May 29, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Gold & Marriott Gold
MSP Airport Marriott - Asked for a 1:00 checkout on the morning of departure. Granted and was told I could stay until 4:00 if I wanted to ^
Old May 29, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Boghopper
Ritz Carlton half moon bay.

Asked for late checkout and first told I had to call the day of departure. I pointed out that policy has recently changed and then told that not available because memorial day weekend. I told them there's no exception for weekends and then told not available because it's a "resort property". I noted that they don't have resort in their name and asked if there's a list of properties exempt from the policy. Then offered 2 pm, tired of arguing so I accepted.
"Resorts" are listed here: Resorts - California. RC Half Moon Bay is listed.
Old May 29, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
JW Quito - Requested 4pm checkout at check-in and was given it without question.
Old May 29, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by Kacee
"Resorts" are listed here: Resorts - California. RC Half Moon Bay is listed.
Fair enough. Then why all the bs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.