Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Saidoh
They didn't do you any favors by "letting" you use the lounge until you left in the evening. You were already entitled to that as a Platinum.
Where is the use of a lounge after one ceases to be a hotel guest a published benefit? AFAIK it's a courtesy the hotel can decide to extend, just like using the pool or spa at no charge after you've checked out.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AC 35K
Sep 24
Gold Elite
Vienna, Austria Marriott
4pm
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, United Plat
Aug 28

Dallas Plano Marriott Legacy Center

Associate asked me at check in if I would like a late check out. Informed associate that I had a 7am flight on 8/28 and that I would be leaving for the airport at 4:30am.

Associate said, "I'll put you down for 4pm, just in case".
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP, AC
Originally Posted by mikebor
Dude grow a set and ask to speak to the GM, mention your loyalty as a platinum, the "guarantee" late checkout of 4 pm and push it until they give in. I have never been turned down for a 4 pm checkout and on the rare occasions I get heat from the front desk agent, as soon as I ask to speak with the GM they immediately give in.
I could try, but I'm the wrong gender...
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Marriott New Orleans Canal Street

4 pm offered on check in
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM, National EE, Avis PC, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, SPG PL
I'm Platinum Premier and stayed in a Renaissance last night. Was denied when I asked for just an extra hour on checkout. The GM backed the front desk on the denial.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by pivot_chart
I'm Platinum Premier and stayed in a Renaissance last night. Was denied when I asked for just an extra hour on checkout. The GM backed the front desk on the denial.
Was an excuse given? Booked the next day? Building being demolished? We don't wanna?

Regardless, I suggest escalating to MR as it is a benefit they are advertising. If they have a property that doesn't know or just doesn't want to participate, then they should work with the property and/or update their webpage to make it clear they do not participate.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM, National EE, Avis PC, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, SPG PL
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Was an excuse given? Booked the next day? Building being demolished? We don't wanna?

Regardless, I suggest escalating to MR as it is a benefit they are advertising. If they have a property that doesn't know or just doesn't want to participate, then they should work with the property and/or update their webpage to make it clear they do not participate.
They stated that it was a room that was airline contracted and that it "may" be needed for tonight. I called the PP line who confirmed it was a benefit that was denied and transferred me to customer care. The customer care agent called the hotel and the manager stated they had a lot of people coming in tonight and that was why I was not accommodated. The customer care agent told me there are exclusions when I pressed about the recent change to the benefit and it being a guarantee for Platinums. She thanked me for my status and stated there was nothing further to discuss.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by pivot_chart
Thank goodness you're protecting the name of this property.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408

They stated the room "may" be used for a contracted airline. PP line confirmed it was a missed benefit and transferred me to customer care. Customer care called the hotel who told them that they "had a lot of people coming in" and thus customer care agreed with the GM denying my request and told me there are exclusions to the benefit.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:07 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
3 pm JW Marriott Chicago
They would not go to 4 pm
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
JW Hong Kong confirmed my mobile check in request for 4pm. Ended up checking out around 245pm.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:46 pm

Marriott Leipzig, Germany: 4pm they mentioned that as Gold or Platinum I can always check out at 4pm

Marriott Bonn, Germany: 4pm
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Currently at the courtyard Portland city center. Asked for 4 pm checkout, front desk said that they can give me 2 pm and I'll have to ask again on the morning. I'm gonna push hard for 4 pm checkout. Flight out is at night. If they don't budge, should I call Marriott?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hiima
Currently at the courtyard Portland city center. Asked for 4 pm checkout, front desk said that they can give me 2 pm and I'll have to ask again on the morning. I'm gonna push hard for 4 pm checkout. Flight out is at night. If they don't budge, should I call Marriott?
Tell them, firmly but politely, "4pm is a benefit I'm entitled to, so I will check-out at 4pm".

Need to get these properties in line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.