Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No receipt under the door

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
When a hotel has used a hang tag with pouch, the personal detalis have always been replaced with "X" characters.
This is very property dependent and has not been my experience. It is a good practice whether hung on the door or under the door, should they put the folio in the wrong room.
Old May 13, 2016, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by 4getofn
Well it appears you check out later than I do .. I usually/always check out at 4am to get the first flight so there is nobody in line !! I defer ...
If I have bizness mtgs all day it's a little hard to take the first flight out

Originally Posted by hawkxp
Well if I am up at 4am, I wait by the door and as they shove paper under; I shove it back.
Old May 13, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
That seems a somewhat strange request from a security point of view. Never happened to me in more than 30 years of international travel.
It's common to be asked when and where you packed the luggage. If you say you packed at your hotel, you will often be asked what hotel. From there, a couple times I was asked if I had any proof that I had stayed at that particular hotel. The question leading to the request to verify the hotel could also have come from a question about whether anyone has given you something, where I sometimes need to respond that I've received some gift from the hotel, such as a book or an unopened box of candy. YMMV.
Old May 13, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's common to be asked when and where you packed the luggage.
I'd say it's common to be asked if you packed your own luggage, but not common to be asked where one packed one's luggage. In several years of int'l travel I've never once been asked where I packed my luggage.

I believe that it's happened to you, but I wouldn't say it's the norm or common to ask for packing location or, as you mentioned up thread, a hotel receipt.

Cheers.
Old May 13, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's common to be asked when and where you packed the luggage. If you say you packed at your hotel, you will often be asked what hotel. From there, a couple times I was asked if I had any proof that I had stayed at that particular hotel. The question leading to the request to verify the hotel could also have come from a question about whether anyone has given you something, where I sometimes need to respond that I've received some gift from the hotel, such as a book or an unopened box of candy. YMMV.
I think what you've experienced is the social profiling done to asses risk. Usually done by customs to determine if further screening is required. Honestly answering the questions in a cool/calm manner will get you passed through.
Old May 13, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by danielchee
Some hotels don't do that due to locality fire hazard rules. I was in Stuttgart a couple of years back where the hotel says they aren't allowed to slip paper under the door. Doors were fireproof so slipping the paper under it could be a way for fire to breach the room should the paper doesn't clear the vicinity of the door completely. Don't know how true it is and even if it is, the carpet could also be a fire hazard.
BS.

If there is adequate clearance, then a minimal effort would be sufficient to push the receipt through so that it clears the door.

If the clearance is so tight that the receipt wedges under the door, then the flame associated with a burning receipt would most likely be quenched before it reached the inner side of the door.

It would not be ignited in the first place unless there was a raging fire outside the door. In which case, a slip of paper wedged under the door would be the least concern.
Old May 13, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PE
This has been very inconsistent for me lately, but seems to have coincided with e-receipt being unchecked (mysteriously) in my profile. I re-enabled that option last week and got my folio under my door for this week's stay. Possible coincidence.
Old May 14, 2016, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by huskerchad
This has been very inconsistent for me lately, but seems to have coincided with e-receipt being unchecked (mysteriously) in my profile. I re-enabled that option last week and got my folio under my door for this week's stay. Possible coincidence.
Hmmm, sounds backwards to me. So if you don't want an eReceipt you don't get a paper folio? Sounds like Marriott needs more work, a lot more work. I'm good with a very timely email, or some means to see (app/tv) a statement to determine if FDC time is needed.
Old May 15, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
At the risk of being a contraian...

I frequently have to go to the front desk to "correct" my folio

I'll be charged in USD/EURO/insert currency of your choice - when I actually want the bill stated in local currency

I frequently see 8-9% margins being gained via the hotels "FX"
Old May 25, 2016, 4:55 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I got one this week at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites. I think I also got them at my previous Marriott stays this year but I can't be certain.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, Mileage Plus Gold, Marriott Platinum
I have consistently been receiving the folio under my door. Although that practice seems outdated, until I can receive electronic copy quicker I still like to have it in hand. I can review it before I leave and I can snap a picture and upload into my expense report and be done with it.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:10 am

I hate paper folios being slipped under my door. They contain way too much personal information and lazy staff only seem to half push it under the door.

TV for me. I want to review my bill before I get to the desk, (or just drop my key and run), but I don't want paper with my full details lying around corridors.
Old May 27, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
It often depends on which PMS system the hotel is using. Not every hotel uses the same PMS system, some do not have the capability to email receipts instantaneously at check out, some do, some do not have the capability at all yet, and those guests that request the email have to wait for the processing system in Rewards to do its thing.

Most of those that do have the capability are stopping delivering receipts, those that don't continue the practice. On top of that, it is down to lack of consistency between the huge number of franchisee's, some owners cut the costs involved out some don't.

Marriott is rolling out new PMS systems to all properties that currently have the outdated systems, but this is an enormous project with over 4,000 properties to co-ordinate, its not just a case of turning up with a new computer.
Old May 27, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
under the door or via email - it all works out fine, cant remember last time I stopped at front desk to checkout
Old May 28, 2016, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Once we got a folio for a different person under our door......definitely not the best system out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.