Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening May 2016. Cat 8. Located at 344 Camp Street in NOLA.

"Amid the colorful townhouses and modern high-rises of Downtown, this stylish hotel is 3 blocks from the French Quarter, and a 10-minute walk from both the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas and The National WWII Museum. Chic rooms with exposed brick walls and monochrome furnishings offer free WiFi, 47-inch flat-screen TVs, mini fridges and Keurig coffeemakers. All guest rooms come with desks and walk-in showers; some feature city skyline views. Our spirited bar offers savory meals, classic craft cocktails and a daily happy hour."
Old May 2, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Good location - 2 blocks from the quarter, just far enough to be away from the hooligans but easy to walk. Also close to the warehouse district and the excellent restaurants there.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Looking forward to the first trip report after someone stays there. Also, once it opens I'll call the property & find out the breakfast situation & add it to the sticky. Given it's an Autograph property, there's probably no lounge.

Cheers.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
If they were open this weekend, I'd consider booking here. This is going to be an awesome property.
Old May 17, 2016, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Looks like May 28, 2016, is the first day this can be booked. If someone stays there, please do a trip report. Also, please note what the brekkie situation is since there is no executive lounge so I can update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Marriott had a press release on its website today re: 4 new Autographs, of which Q&C was one.

"Q&C Hotel and Bar, Autograph Collection (New Orleans, LA)

The 196-room Q&C Hotel and Bar is ideally located between the French Quarter and the Central Business District in close proximity to all the major tourist attractions.
The hotel is over 100 years old and located on the Historic Register. As the number 10 rated hotel and number five rated Bar in the City. Following a complete renovation in 2014, the hotel now boasts brand new luxurious modern rooms with Wi-Fi, 47-inch flat screen TVs with tele-adapt wireless capability, fitness center, convenient parking and pet friendly amenities. The lobby has the warmth of a living room and embraces the entire hotel’s unique historic charm. Every dish served at Q&C Hotel and Bar is locally inspired and freshly prepared in the hotel’s open kitchen. Guests can savor a Cajun inspired Q&C Supreme stone-fired pizza and specialty cocktails. The staff is committed to the timeless spirit of hospitality. Like its guests, the staff consists of gastro nerds, music fans, and culture junkies devoted to ensuring everyone has a chance to discover all the wonderful experiences New Orleans has to offer."
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Very enjoyable stay at the Q&C Hotel New Orleans

Q&C Hotel Bar New Orleans, Autograph Collection

344 Camp Street New Orleans, Louisiana US 70130

Very enjoyable stay at the Q&C Hotel New Orleans (3 Photos)

Q&C Hotel Bar New Orleans, Autograph Collection

Check In

This was the most amazing check-in I have ever had. First of all, the staff member was extremely friendly and welcoming. After completing our check-in he asked whether we needed information about dining and tours. He then gave us many tips and recomandations and answered our questions.

Room

Large room with nice views. Bathroom a bit small. Very nice decor.

Service

Very friendly staff throughout the hotel.

Dining

Very good breakfast, freshly prepared. A bit pricey though.

Excellent location.

Overall

I would not hesitate and book this property againIMG_5886.JPGIMG_5888.JPGIMG_5893.JPG.

Very enjoyable stay at the Q&C Hotel New Orleans

Would you like to write a review on the Q&C Hotel Bar New Orleans, Autograph Collection ?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Which way did your room face, and was it noisy?

I always get nervous when I see wood floors in hotels, seems to amplify the clomp clomp of the elephants they always put above me.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Which way did your room face, and was it noisy?

I always get nervous when I see wood floors in hotels, seems to amplify the clomp clomp of the elephants they always put above me.
West. Not at all noisy.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:49 am

For Marriott Gold and Platinum how is the complimentary breakfast offered?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
For Marriott Gold and Platinum how is the complimentary breakfast offered?
Per the exec lounge sticky:

* New Orleans / Q&C HotelBar, Autograph Collection / No Lounge; free breakfast in the restaurant; front desk gives coupon for each guest; can be applied to any item on the menu; 09/16 update

Cheers.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Per the exec lounge sticky:

* New Orleans / Q&C HotelBar, Autograph Collection / No Lounge; free breakfast in the restaurant; front desk gives coupon for each guest; can be applied to any item on the menu; 09/16 update

Cheers.
I still find that confusing. So if you order pancakes, say, and/or eggs, is that your "item", and you still have to pay separately for beverages? If you want bacon or sausage with either the eggs or pancakes, are those additional items which you have to pay for?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

I still find that confusing. So if you order pancakes, say, and/or eggs, is that your "item", and you still have to pay separately for beverages? If you want bacon or sausage with either the eggs or pancakes, are those additional items which you have to pay for?
If you want specifics, you could always call the property and ask - and then report back.

Cheers.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:40 pm

Was there at Easter and selected from breakfast entrees: http://www.qandc.com/site/assets/files/1695/menu.pdf Don't believe I was charged for coffees or anything the kids ordered. Great staff and nice little hotel.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was there earlier this year... it was any of the meals on the breakfast menu as mentioned... and things like the eggs include bacon/sausage etc. I was not charged for a beverage either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.