Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

MegaBonus® is here! Feel like a winner. Register now; earn Feb 1 – May 15.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Segments
Updated with what we know as of Feb 14, 2016

A

Win #1: Earn a free night after two stays
Win #2: Unlocked after # 1-(takes several days after cert posts) 2500 points for one additional stay
Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide (aka nothing)

B

Win #1: Earn 10,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 20,000 bonus points
Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2- additional 1000 per night, for max of 5000 more points [This offer is unlocked (email notification) after your account contains the 10,000 (not 20,000) bonus points and the free night cert.]

C

Win #1: Earn 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus 3,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 30,000 bonus points
Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2 -additional 1000 per night, for max of 5000 more points [This offer is unlocked (email notification) after your account contains the 15,000 (not 30,000) bonus points and the free night cert.]
Print Wikipost

MegaBonus® is here! Feel like a winner. Register now; earn Feb 1 – May 15.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, AA Executive Platinum, United Silver
Just went to check my account and I am not able to sign up for anything either.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: MR Plat Prem., WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by blzfan
Just went to check my account and I am not able to sign up for anything either.
My account is also showing the 2015 MegaBonus. Nothing new.

EDIT: Promos have appeared in my account
It’s a win-win-win:
Register by April 15, 2016
Stay at participating properties between February 1 – May 15, 2016
Win #1: Earn 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus 3,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 30,000 bonus points
Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2
It’s a win-win-win:
Win #2: Unlock your new bonus points offer – and register when it appears in your online account
Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide

Last edited by tjo4; Jan 19, 2016 at 11:22 am Reason: Promo now active
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: Southwest A-list PREF, MR Plt Premier
Originally Posted by Svantevit
I have to separate promotions available to me. One is earn up to 30000 points - the other is for one free night.

Svantevit
Thanks! I signed out and back in and then the separate registration for the free night was there.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:31 am

Your offer might change up a bit!

Just got off the phone with a MR customer service rep regarding another issue on my husband's account. She just about insisted that we have a conversation about this new win-win-win promotion. I had just read before calling in what my LT Plat husband received, which was the same offer as listed in the #10 posting on this thread.

According to the rep, my husband's offer was listed in reverse on their end for win #1 (bonus points for 20 paid nights)and win #2(free night after two paid stays). She checked with her supervisor and right now MR is saying that you must achieve the free night (cat 1-5 btw) after two paid stays before you can start earning the number of nights you need for the bonus points. I pointed out that the wording was "at the same time" but she says not. But she also said that they were still working on getting this offer out and realized they don't have all the answers yet.

All that to say that some of these offers might change and don't count on your current offer as the final product yet.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that historically offers have ranged from 40K to 50K for 25 nights.

If you stay 25 nights on this promo, you get 30K plus a cat 1-5 cert.

I'd rather have 50K points. This is a poor offer in comparison. Especially considering what 50K would get you back then.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I got this:

Earn a free night — and unlock your new bonus points offer. Let your winnings begin.

See Details
It’s a win-win-win:
Win #2: Unlock your new bonus points offer – and register when it appears in your online account
Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide
Remember to book direct on Marriott.com.
You win some, you win some more with MegaBonus.

Pretty happy with it. This might actually make me stay.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by TvlPeach
Just got off the phone with a MR customer service rep regarding another issue on my husband's account. She just about insisted that we have a conversation about this new win-win-win promotion. I had just read before calling in what my LT Plat husband received, which was the same offer as listed in the #10 posting on this thread.

According to the rep, my husband's offer was listed in reverse on their end for win #1 (bonus points for 20 paid nights)and win #2(free night after two paid stays). She checked with her supervisor and right now MR is saying that you must achieve the free night (cat 1-5 btw) after two paid stays before you can start earning the number of nights you need for the bonus points. I pointed out that the wording was "at the same time" but she says not. But she also said that they were still working on getting this offer out and realized they don't have all the answers yet.

All that to say that some of these offers might change and don't count on your current offer as the final product yet.
Right after posting, I checked the account and he now has both the original offer and a new megabonus that shows the free night offer as win#1 and then Win #2 is that he can unlock a "bonus point offer" that's not listed. I'll just wait to see what tomorrow brings before making any plans!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Usually Marriott emphasizes nights more than stays, so I'm a bit surprised by how stays seem to matter so much here, especially given my interpretation that #3 is also based on the number of additional stays.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Marriott Concierage,

Please weigh in on this one. Do I have to earn the free night (based on stays) before I start getting the points (based on nights)? If so, can I just register for the points one and not the stay one to avoid spending a bunch of nights for one certificate (our stays tend to be a week or more)? For instance, we currently have two stays booked during this period totally 17 days. I am concerned that this will get us one certificate and no nights credit toward the points.

Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by solewalker
Pretty happy with it. This might actually make me stay.
It appears that everyone got the same exact offer. Curious why you are happy with it as it is quite a bit less than has been offered in the past.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador & LTT, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TvlPeach

Interesting and I agree that the wording does not indicate the promotion progresses from win #2 to win #1. My best guess is that the representative was confusing the bonus points promotion in win #3 with the points promotion in win #1. All terms and conditions seem to back up that theory since you must complete the first two wins in order to unlock and register for the third. At least I hope that's the case!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty much everyone who stays 25 nights will also have 2 stays unless they are on one very long stay. In which case I'd organize a hop or two.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Note that historically offers have ranged from 40K to 50K for 25 nights.

If you stay 25 nights on this promo, you get 30K plus a cat 1-5 cert.

I'd rather have 50K points. This is a poor offer in comparison. Especially considering what 50K would get you back then.
I have the same offer. However the missing piece to truly evaluate apples and apples is what the bonus third "win" is once both #1 and #2 have been completed.

It may be an additional 15-20k of points (hoping)
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Looks like there is two offers
A- one is 2 stays = 1 free night cert which unlock a mystery point offer
B- one is 20 nights = 20k points and at the same time 2 stays = 1 free night cert and when you completed both you get a mystery point offer
I hope the point offer of A is better than B because otherwise it is strongly unfair...

I got A.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Looks like there is two offers
A- one is 2 stays = 1 free night cert which unlock a mystery point offer
B- one is 20 nights = 20k points and at the same time 2 stays = 1 free night cert and when you completed both you get a mystery point offer
I hope the point offer of A is better than B because otherwise it is strongly unfair...

I got A.
Everybody gets both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.