Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Shanghai Caohejing Stay Report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Renaissance Shanghai Caohejing Hotel

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

397 Tianlin Road Caohejing Hi-Tech Park Shanghai, CN 200233

Renaissance Shanghai Caohejing Stay Report (0 Photo)

Quick stay in Shanghai and decided to stay overnight at this hotel as I needed to be in the Minhang area the following day for lunch. Seemed like the closest Marriott-branded hotel in the area.

This place seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. Arrived at the Shanghai South Station and took a taxi to the hotel (because my uber was acting up and didn't authorize any payments). The ride was 35RMB and a 15 minute ride in slight traffic. The hotel is located in an area with office buildings and "laboratories" for places likeJabil and such. Didn't walk to the metro, but supposedly 5 minutes walk north is line 9. When leaving the following day towards Minhang going south from the hotel, I see that they are building line 12? with station entrances that have not opened yet.

Check In

No one at the front door to greet guests when I arrived at 9pm. No biggie. The lobby was on the ground floor. Upon check-in, I was greeted and was told that I was upgraded to Club Access Floor. Did not receive any listing of Club Access information (as I normally do from other Chinese Marriotts). Walked by the guest service rep to the elevator and I went up to the room by myself (preferred).

Room

The room got was a Club Access King. The room was at the end of the hallway and by the looks of the floorplanroom map on the door, looks like the 4 rooms at the end of the hallway are the smallest. The room itself was nicely appointed. There was a nice entryway. The room seemed to be in good shape with standard Renaissance (China) decor and being a fairly new hotel, the furniture and such were decent. Large flat screen TV, sitting area, built in desk and wardrobe were there as well. Lots of International-styled multi-country outlets (2 by the bed and at least 4 around the room). The bathroom in this room configuration is quite large with large vanity area, soaking tub, toilet, and separate shower. The bathroom in this connfiguration has a glazed window to the outside which provides morning sunlight.

Dining

The Executive Lounge access is granted to all Gold/Platinum and is located on the top floor and accessible by staircase from the top 4 floors. Large club lounge with computers, a meeting room, and 2 or 3 "touch-screen" style computers. Missed the night cocktail/snacks spread.

In the morning, I toured the Club Lounge breakfast spread and it was fairly substantial. At least 6 to 8 hot pans, large continental spread, "salad" bar, bakery section, and egg station.

As Gold/Platinum or Executive Level guests, you can also have your breakfast in the restaurant on the first floor. Largest selections of both western and Asian food with a large fresh fruit bar. It seems that the Renaissance breakfast concept is the same throughout China with similar offerings.

Service

The hotel has an indoor pool that is probably 20M long. Water temperature is slightly warmer than I would like it. There is also a jacuzzi spa next to the pool with a slightly higher water temp. The locker room had a sauna.

The fitness room was 24 hours and had all the standard machines and weights.

Overall

Overall a great stay. Location could be better but a great value at Category 2 (10K points). Service may not be as refined as say the Marriott City Centre or the JW Marriott Shanghai Tomorrow Square, but is good enough. Would stay here again.

Would you like to write a review on the Renaissance Shanghai Caohejing Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the detailed trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:55 am
Suspended

so now Marriott ONLY has 22 properties to choose from in Shanghai

wonder when #23 will open !!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I stay at this Ren whenever going to our China HQ which is one of the buildings next door. Breakfast is usually included in most contract rates. We pay 1000RMB all incl./night.

There is a new eatery for the office goers in the same block that is open till 8pm, in case you don't to eat at the hotel restaurant. Line 12 opens January 2016. Near that station you have some local eateries where a meal can be had for 25-40RMB. Otherwise that area is a desert. I usually move to the Bund on weekends.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by leeky
so now Marriott ONLY has 22 properties to choose from in Shanghai

wonder when #23 will open !!
I think there is one JW, one Ritz and one AC already lined up to be built. Even more brands are on the way in Shanghai.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.