Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Be prepared to show proof of AAA membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to joeags for this information:

More About Special Rates
AAA/CAA

Save on hotel rooms at 3,800+ Marriott brand hotels worldwide
Earn Marriott Rewards points in addition to discount
ID required at check-in (American, Canadian Automobile Association or any non-USA Automobile Club Affiliate)
Subject to availability at individual hotels
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2002, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

I am staying at a Marriott this weekend and would like to take advantage of the AAA rate. However, I am not currently an AAA member. If I sign up in the next few days, will I be able to take advantage of the rate? For that matter, how often does the front desk ask to see proof of AAA membership?

MTP
Old May 1, 2002, 6:14 pm
R&R

The AAA rate is always the lowest available. Sometimes the weekend special rates are lower and the AARP is you are a member can be lower.

Old May 1, 2002, 7:49 pm
pjs

I am an AAA member. Often, I stay on AAA rates, however, I have never once been asked for my card. Use this information at your own peril.

Frankly, an AAA membership is a pretty good deal anyway. My wife has had a couple of blowouts on the highway with the kids and AAA was a major time and money saver.
Old May 1, 2002, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Never in my years at any chain have I been asked for my card.. don't worry about it

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by toddpate:
I am staying at a Marriott this weekend and would like to take advantage of the AAA rate. However, I am not currently an AAA member. If I sign up in the next few days, will I be able to take advantage of the rate? For that matter, how often does the front desk ask to see proof of AAA membership?

MTP
</font>
Old May 1, 2002, 8:02 pm

Occasionally they will ask. Is rare, but it does happen.
Old May 2, 2002, 7:43 am

Programs: AA Bonvoy
They always ask for my card; it must be the official policy. They usually don't wait to see it when I fumble through my wallet.
Old May 2, 2002, 10:15 am
GG

In any event, AAA should be able to give you a temporary membership card, or at least a receipt to prove you've joined.
Old May 2, 2002, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
When you join online, you can print your member id & info.
Old May 2, 2002, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I've been asked for the card about 30% of the time. Of course, I am a member. It is a good deal. Wonder what happens if you cannot produce the card when asked?
Old May 2, 2002, 10:59 am

I have been asked twice at Marriott brands for my AAA card. Once at the Marriott in Montreal I could not access my card easily, but the hotel was insistant on seeing my card before giving me the AAA rate. Many other times, however, we weren't even asked for the card. Good Luck-
Old May 2, 2002, 11:02 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I am (for years now) a AAA and a AARP member - and very often these rates are the lowest ones accessable for me - I have been asked twice (out of a total of 100 stays?) to show my card, once at the SEA-TAC-Marriott and once at the SFO Airport Marriott..
Old May 2, 2002, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by travelhound:
They always ask for my card; it must be the official policy. They usually don't wait to see it when I fumble through my wallet.</font>
Yes it is....but unfortunately I'd have to agree that as posted before we have problems ID'ing guests
Old May 2, 2002, 12:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
may be they ask me so seldom (2 out of about 100 times) because I already list my membership# under Informations/requests online when making the reservation.
Old May 2, 2002, 4:53 pm

I either use the AAA rate or my company rate (which ever is better). I find that at least 50% of the time I am asked for ID.

I don't think the world will end without the card, but if you don't qualify .. . .
Old May 2, 2002, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
Just stayed at Marriott Prague on AA rate, they asked for id and made copy of the card. First and only time I had ever been asked for id on this rate.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
CLD, LAX, LHR, CDG, et.al.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.