Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

AC Hotel keeps changing guaranteed bed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:38 am
Original Poster

I have a booking for an AC hotel in Madrid with an guaranteed King bed. The email confirmations show it, but each time I log in to check the reservation it goes back to showing that bed type is not confirmed. Am I missing something or is the hotel trying to get out of providing a guaranteed benefit to Gold members?

Edited: Bed type request is also a guarantee option for bookings without status. It part of the normal flow.

Last edited by olouie; Nov 27, 2015 at 1:52 pm
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:49 am
Suspended

Sorry to bust your bubble but outside the U.S. only Ps get guaranteed bed type.

Originally Posted by olouie
I have a booking for an AC hotel in Madrid with an guaranteed King bed. The email confirmations show it, but each time I log in to check the reservation it goes back to showing that bed type is not confirmed. Am I missing something or is the hotel trying to get out of providing a guaranteed benefit to Gold members?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by leeky
Sorry to bust your bubble but outside the U.S. only Ps get guaranteed bed type.
Good to know. Marriott needs to update their technology then. Having a confirmed reservation with guaranteed bed type included isn't really awesome if the hotels are not obligated to provide it.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:13 am
Suspended

Has nothing to do with technology as this is a direct quote from their written rules.

Good to know. Marriott needs to update their technology then. Having a confirmed reservation with guaranteed bed type included isn't really awesome if the hotels are not obligated to provide it.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Has nothing to do with technology as this is a direct quote from their written rules.
This has everything to do with technology. I make a booking and under requests it says that bed type is guaranteed. E-mail confirmation also says that bed type if guaranteed. I think this happens even if you don't have status with them.

Marriott is a big enough company that they technology should know if the booking is outside the US and then remove the bed guarantee section if they are not going to guarantee it.

So you are ok with a website that has guarantees as part of the booking process and confirmation, but then changes that due to some other written rules it has listed out in the fine print for a membership benefit section?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:41 am
Suspended

Or just obtain P status and all your problems are solved !

I follow that you object that a non US/Canada property is following the rules but perhaps you ought to read them before complaining about a property abiding by them.

This has everything to do with technology. I make a booking and under requests it says that bed type is guaranteed. E-mail confirmation also says that bed type if guaranteed. I think this happens even if you don't have status with them.

Marriott is a big enough company that they technology should know if the booking is outside the US and then remove the bed guarantee section if they are not going to guarantee it.

So you are ok with a website that has guarantees as part of the booking process and confirmation, but then changes that due to some other written rules it has listed out in the fine print for a membership benefit section?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
The OP has a point.

Marriott has caused the confusion.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by dgreen12
The OP has a point.

Marriott has caused the confusion.
+1

Be warned, many AC properties just do their own thing anyways. Simply doublecheck upon check-in and get a screenshot on your mobile as back-up.

Even as a P they have tried a switch on me.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Or just obtain P status and all your problems are solved !

I follow that you object that a non US/Canada property is following the rules but perhaps you ought to read them before complaining about a property abiding by them.
I was going to post a longer response, but I should have known by the "tone" of yours first one that its just
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
+1

Be warned, many AC properties just do their own thing anyways. Simply doublecheck upon check-in and get a screenshot on your mobile as back-up.

Even as a P they have tried a switch on me.
This is very true. I stayed in a few a while after Marriott acquired them and it seemed like the hotels had no idea what Marriott even was. It was kind of funny actually, funny in a sad way. Seems to have gotten better lately. I even got a upgrade recently from reg room to a suite (which had a placard that the minibar was complimentary, but then they tried to charge me for it since it wasn't included in my rate).
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
OP did not complain about a property abiding by the rules. OP complained about Marriott corporate providing false information.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:06 am
Suspended

unfortunately, like so many other posters you fail to READ what the OP has posted and is complaining about as this OP has not even checked into this property and is preemptively complaining that he won't be getting his bed guarantee so there's NOT been anything false provided by Marriott as alleged as when and if the OP checks into this property at some unstated date in the future and does not get his desired bed request then he MAY have a legitimate complaint but pre-emptively this OP has NOT been lied to or damaged in any way except in his own paranoid mind.

and even if the bed type has been changed, but to date not executed upon, it certainly was NOT done by Marriott Corp by more likely by the rooms manager at this AC in Madrid.

Originally Posted by lougord99
OP did not complain about a property abiding by the rules. OP complained about Marriott corporate providing false information.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:01 am
Original Poster

unfortunately, like so many other posters you fail to READ what the OP has posted and is complaining about as this OP has not even checked into this property and is preemptively complaining that he won't be getting his bed guarantee so there's NOT been anything false provided by Marriott as alleged as when and if the OP checks into this property at some unstated date in the future and does not get his desired bed request then he MAY have a legitimate complaint but pre-emptively this OP has NOT been lied to or damaged in any way except in his own paranoid mind.

and even if the bed type has been changed, but to date not executed upon, it certainly was NOT done by Marriott Corp by more likely by the rooms manager at this AC in Madrid.
again. You seem stuck on the gold benefit portion even after it was pointed out there was more to it. It's clear that reading and comprehension are not your strong suits, but insults and trolling are.

BTW ... Checked in and guess what? Tried to give me twin beds. Brought out confirmation email and after some scrambling they were able to change rooms. First claimed hotel was full (but rooms could stil be booed online). After a manager got involved it worked out.

But I already know you have some other trolls response ready to go.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:27 am
Suspended

7.Guaranteed Room Type: Guaranteed priority for your requested type of room. Subject to availability at participating locations worldwide when your qualifying Elite level and specific preference are noted on the reservation for your stay. (Pillow, room location, extra bed, crib requests, etc. are not included in Guarantee.) Outside U.S. and Canada: smoking/non-smoking preferences may also be given priority, based on availability; exact bed sizes may vary and only Platinum members will have guaranteed priority for your requested type of bed and room. Not available at Marriott Vacation Club
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi

but why be bothered by what is written, you're a MR G !!

Edited: Bed type request is also a guarantee option for bookings without status. It part of the normal flow.

Last edited by leeky; Nov 29, 2015 at 5:51 am
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I am seeing the 'not guaranteed' message all the time, even within the US where it is actually guaranteed. Only once did I not get the bed type that I requested and they fixed it immediately once I complained.
I wouldn't sweat it too much. My last stay at an AC hotel I got a nice suite as a gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.