Wiki Posts
Search

Sarasota Courtyard or Residence?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I'm staying for a few nights with my Dad in Sarasota, and thinking of either the Courtyard or Residence Inn on University Parkway. Both seem to have a 1-bedroom suite available, which would be optimal for us. Looking for insights as to which people may prefer. The most important things to us are cleanliness and as much quiet as possible, i.e., which will be less susceptible to airplane noise. Any info greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Can't address the cleanliness or quiet, but w/ CY you get 10pts/$1 spend but no brekkie. With RI you get 5pts/$1 spend but you get brekkie, and if your stay is M-W evening apps.

Cheers.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Sharon,

I wound up booking the CY. I guess the lack of horror stories in this thread means it must not be so bad!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by tomsundstrom
Thanks Sharon,

I wound up booking the CY. I guess the lack of horror stories in this thread means it must not be so bad!
Please do a trip report after your stay - hopefully no horror stories

Cheers.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I stayed at the RI for 2 nights several years ago, nothing stands out as remarkable or bad about it, was close to the airport. For the most part, I prefer a RI over a CY any day and suffer the 1/2 points.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec

I stayed at that CY a few months ago. Pretty big hotel with plenty of dining options just across the street.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:03 am
Suspended

Stay at Hyatt or the RC... It's very close to the beach and right by downtown Sarasota
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Just returned from a 4-night stay at the Courtyard Sarasota-Bradenton Airport, and I have nothing but good things to say about the property. My dad and I stayed in a 1BR suite, which was a true suite, i.e. it had a door to the bedroom, and a pocket door that separated the "living room" from the rest of the room. The room was spacious and clean, with a patio outside with 2 chairs and a small table.

We arrived at 2:00pm, well before 4:00 check-in time, and were greeted cheerfully by the front desk clerk who informed us that our room was ready. He recognized my gold status and thanked me for my loyalty. Throughout the weekend, every member of the front desk staff was friendly and greeted us as we passed through the lobby. On one of the days, we requested not to have maid service, and they asked me if I needed anything, then supplied me with fresh towels and toiletries.

The room was equipped with a small fridge, microwave and sink. I guess the only quibble I might have is with the uncomfortable sofa bed that I slept on, but, well, it is a sofa bed. Obviously it's not a luxury hotel, but it more than served our needs for a few nights.

The property is literally across the road from the airport, so it's super convenient if you fly into SRQ (my cousin walked from the terminal to the CY). If you are in the area, I highly recommend this motel.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 2:33 pm

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Well you asked for it Sharon, and for you-- anything!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
I've stayed at that Courtyard a couple of times. It's pretty quiet, for being next to the airport. The view out the back is right on to someone's yard, but they don't have the Attica fetish that so many hotels have these day with the whole property lit up like a prison at night.

I've also stayed at the Springhill Suites around the corner, and it's ok as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.