Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to the UK credit card?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Honors Gold
Changes to the UK credit card?

I noticed that they're currently not accepting new applications for the Marriott Rewards credit card in the UK. Has anyone heard anything about any changes to the card?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:32 am

This is the only change I'm aware of (and I remember getting a letter through the post concerning this) -

http://www.creation.co.uk/about-us/s...er-care-report

...and in particular:

Please note, as of 13/07/15 operations under Sygma Bank UK ceased and are now transferred to Creation Financial Services Limited
G
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:40 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
The Creation website does say that the halt in new applications is temporary. Hopefully it isn't bad news for the card.

https://apply.creation.co.uk/apply/i...dCode=marriott

Nick
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Or hopefully they come up with a card with better benefits like the previous one.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:11 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I did receive a survey last year from Creation seeking opinions on a premium UK credit card.

As far as I remember just before IHG added a premium card to its free one, applications for the free one were stopped and it was relaunched shortly thereafter with the premium.

So, are we going to get a premium flavour? If it copies the IHG model, 60k signup and 2 points/£ & 4/£@ Marriott, it could prove a real hit.

Mind you, neither Marriott nor its credit card issuer, Creation are quite as generous as IHG, so don't hold your breath, especially for the 60k signup!!!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
I did that survey too but looks like nothing has come from it.

Its annoying to see adverts on social media offering you a bonus for booking/paying for your stay with Visa when the official UK Marriott credit card is MasterCard. So its either take advantage of the promo or lose out on bonus points from not using the MasterCard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.