Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IslesFan
Period of offer: September 15, 2015 through January 15, 2016

1) 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to up to 20,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 11 stays, with no bonus on the first stay)
RDB68, King Chung Huang, bgriz18, mookie10, nrdk, philemer, pinniped, mikeef, luv2ctheworld, sjpmurph01, mr27, MDtR-Chicago

2) Earn double points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 20,000 bonus points

Wheezy, op487062, Scotttheking, Jaenks, joeags, sig05, rower2000, yfish, Smiley90, The_Banking_Scot, CMK10, Gigantor, mike929, highOPS, RatherBeOnATrain, Scheitan, Mr. Nacho, shoodawg, nequine, csyoung49

3) Earn 3,000 bonus points for each paid stay that includes a Friday or Saturday, up to 30,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 10 stays that include Fri or Sat)
Rylan, jm1991, Dom Bologna, leeky (by request)

4) 15,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 25 nights)
Harold, Sacfitz, SAT Lawyer, dwcatty, EricH, darthbimmer, freeflyin, Alpha Golf, RewardAddict, Michilander(spouse), dsquared37, mbflyflyaway, WannaTheater, djp98374, nacho, BeanieTX, ChicagoDave, allset2travel, toooldtostayoutlate, rrohio, Kaycee, FullTimeFlyer, sjpmurph01, Nimitz, Voodoo Daddy, Major G

5) 25,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
VickiSoCal(spouse), Carpboy823, dmodemd, jalves, sdsearch, njcommodore, alrvd83, MsEverywhere, Jon Maiman, Chewie, Michilander, Wickersley, hnewman, MSPeconomist, quattroking, Duke787, jlb3, cova, LoganFlyer, mrvic43, WesTraveller, pbiflyer, apodo77, andersonCooper, cfischer, kb_rembrandt, mekk, billpreston, DELee, flyerfmaz, anotheran2, hginphl, wenzlydale, ross123, SkyHarbor, Jerruh, Pretzelsandpeanuts, beachfan, orca15, jgottlieb, greenskin, atwby2020, CJKatl, IslesFan

6*) 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights + 2,000 bonus points after each additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points
(maxes out after 30 nights)
dank0014
* - some report that MR told them this is not a valid promotion option

If You Did Not Receive an Offer
... And then there are a number of people who (as in every MegaBonus cycle) have not had any version of this promo show up in their account. You can try concating Marriott to fix that (and an interactive method such as a phone call may be more likely to succeed than a non-interactive method like email).

Once You Get a MegaBonus
... Once you call or email Marriott and are given a MegaBonus, it will take several days to show in your account. Be patient.

If Your Were Granted a Change to Your MegaBonus Offer
... Your old MegaBonus offer will continue to show on the Marriott site. The agent you spoke to noted your account and will usually make the adjustment about a week after the MegaBonus period ends. If the adjustment is not made by then, call Marriott Rewards and they will adjust it manually for you.
Print Wikipost

Fall 2015 MegaBonus® is here ... what's your offer?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
The Bonus says:
Stay at participating properties between September 15, 2015 and January 15, 2016

What if I check in 9/14 and check out 9/15 does that count? Or would that technically be "staying the 14th?" and wont count?
Old Sep 13, 2015, 1:53 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Originally Posted by RedElmo
The Bonus says:
Stay at participating properties between September 15, 2015 and January 15, 2016

What if I check in 9/14 and check out 9/15 does that count? Or would that technically be "staying the 14th?" and wont count?
You seem to have answered your own question. wishing the program starts on the 14th (when you're staying) as opposed to the 15th won't make it happen.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM, Marriott-PP/LT P, Avis-PC
After I log on to m.com the offer on the home page for MB is "double points" when I click through to the offer details it changes to 25k points for 20 nights then 2000 points after that. Seems like a sloppy promotion and it makes me feel like they aren't taking the time to get it right.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep. Everyone sees an ad for #1.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Got promo #1

Last edited by RedElmo; Sep 13, 2015 at 9:57 am Reason: posted incorrect promo offer
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
Switched from promo #4 to #5
As per Marriott there is no promo #6

Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, NW Flight Attendant (does that make me a frequent flier?)
Just got off the phone with a representative.

Switched from #4 to #1.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
I am signed up for the double points after the first stay. How long have others had to wait before they received the bonus points? I have received the normal points I'm due after one week, but no bonus.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HookEm
I am signed up for the double points after the first stay. How long have others had to wait before they received the bonus points? I have received the normal points I'm due after one week, but no bonus.
Signed up how exactly? If you were auto-registered online, they show up on the tracker around the same time the stay posts in my experience. If you called in to change your promotion, they will be manually calculated at the end of the promotion.

So it matters very much exactly how you signed up as to when they'll post.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Signed up how exactly? If you were auto-registered online, they show up on the tracker around the same time the stay posts in my experience. If you called in to change your promotion, they will be manually calculated at the end of the promotion.

So it matters very much exactly how you signed up as to when they'll post.

Thanks for your response. I called and switched promos. When I bring up Promotion Central on my acct., it shows progress for the former promo. So it doesn't make sense. So I'll wait until 1/15/2016 and see what happens.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HookEm
Thanks for your response. I called and switched promos. When I bring up Promotion Central on my acct., it shows progress for the former promo. So it doesn't make sense. So I'll wait until 1/15/2016 and see what happens.
What you are seeing is completely normal for a promo switch scenario. It will continue to track your enrolled promo. Between one and two weeks after the end of the promo the points for the one you switched to should post. This is a manual process. If it does not happen, or happens incorrectly, call them, but do give them that time first.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:28 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thanks for this helpful thread, particularly to those who have maintained the wiki. I switched from 4 to 2.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:23 pm

Sol how do you change the promotion? Is there any way to do it online youself instead of having to call someone in the Philippines?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:30 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by phoochka
Sol how do you change the promotion? Is there any way to do it online youself instead of having to call someone in the Philippines?
You must call. I'm always routed to very gracious people in the US service center. I don't enjoy the phone tree I have to get thru to get to them, but once I get a living person, they are very helpful.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Ambassador
After I log on to m.com the offer on the home page for MB is "double points" when I click through to the offer details it changes to 25k points for 20 nights then 2000 points after that. Seems like a sloppy promotion and it makes me feel like they aren't taking the time to get it right.
Agreed, I received a promo e-mail stating "Any stays you make now will earn you big MegaBonus points – just in time for the holidays." When I click through, the offer is for 2000 points per stay, starting with the second stay. As far as I can tell, the only promo that even possibly grants bonus points for the first stay is #3, and then only if the stay includes a Friday or Saturday night.

It is simply inexcusable to have blatant misrepresentations (if not outright lies) in the promo materials, and it just makes it less likely that I will click through on Marriott promos in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.