Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Marriott Does Good

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United,Marriott,National
Chicago Marriott Does Good

Had a exceptional experience dealing with Customer Service at the Chicago Marriott on the Miracle Mile. I was given a room that was far below Marriott standards, peeling wallpaper, cracked and moldy tile, generally very run down. I sent a email describing my experience and also sent pictures. The outcome was exceptional with follow up and compensation of points. Marriott has done the right thing by treating its frequent guests well.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
That describes every room I've been in there, so they should spend time revamping the entire physical facility of that hotel! Other than the location, not much going for it...pretty poor all around in my experience.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:19 pm

Consider yourself lucky

Last time i stayed there they didn't want to honor the ultimate reservation guarantee, tried offering less than the full cash payout, wanting to pay points, etc. And the room I was in was horrible...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I'll second that staying 5 days there about a month ago. Big City hotel with Big City 'tude which I wouldn't expect being Chicago. REN treated us much nicer.

Also OP note that your recovery seems to have come from Marriott Corp and not the property itself...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United,Marriott,National
Recovery was from Chicago Marriott not Corp. As with any hotel feedback helps.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
What I learned here: The Chicago Miracle Mile Marriott has some atrociously maintained rooms. But if you complain after the stay, will throw some points your way. No, thanks.

BTW, thanks for the news Allie, and welcome to FT!

Last edited by ohmark; Jul 30, 2015 at 9:09 pm
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
What I learned here: The Chicago Miracle Mile Marriott has some atrociously maintained rooms. But if you complain after the stay, will throw some points your way. No, thanks.
Exactly. It could be a case of its cheaper not to fix/address the underlying problems and apologize/placate the tiny % that make the effort to complain. Its 40,000 points a night to stay there, did your comp approach a quarter of that?

Even my brief, few hour stay in a special "renovated" room was a bathroom wall switch that was completely broken, impossible to use and could not have been unnoticed when getting the room ready.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton, Mrt., PC, Hertz
Thanks for the info - will stay at the Ren!

I came to FT to see if anyone had compared the Mrt and the Ren, as they both are 40,000 points per night. Thanks so much for the info! Does anyone have info on the Club Level and the food offered?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:52 am

Stayed at both within the last 2 years. Both had the ordinary breakfast offerings, the Marriott MM had an awesome & creative evening spread as of last month, only open 1 nights of the 5 day stay. Never saw the REN's offerings...
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:47 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by joshua362
Exactly. It could be a case of its cheaper not to fix/address the underlying problems and apologize/placate the tiny % that make the effort to complain. Its 40,000 points a night to stay there, did your comp approach a quarter of that?

Even my brief, few hour stay in a special "renovated" room was a bathroom wall switch that was completely broken, impossible to use and could not have been unnoticed when getting the room ready.
I had a problem and they gave me 20k for one night...
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:49 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by joshua362
Stayed at both within the last 2 years. Both had the ordinary breakfast offerings, the Marriott MM had an awesome & creative evening spread as of last month, only open 1 nights of the 5 day stay. Never saw the REN's offerings...
Personally I like the Ren's food better but the Marriott's location better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.