Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Roll call: Marriott brand properties WITHOUT desks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mjcewl1284
USA

California

* Beverly Hills Marriott
* SFO Airport Marriott (some rooms have desks; others don't)

Florida

* Renaissance Boca Raton (most rooms also without dressers)
* North Ft. Lauderdale Marriott (also, 2 drawers are the size of desk drawers, not chest drawers)

Georgia

* Atlanta Marriott Marquis

Illinois

* Chicago Marriott Magnificent Mile
* Renaissance Chicago Downtown
* Residence Inn Chicago Downtown (xx07 & xx19 rooms definitely do not have desks; rooms xx14 do)

Indiana
*Residence Inn Ft. Wayne (front desk says some studios & 1BR's still have desks, but the 2BR/2BA suites do not.

Oklahoma

* Oklahoma City Marriott Waterford

Missouri

* St. Louis Marriott Grand

New Jersey

* EWR Marriott (see post)

New York

* Buffalo Marriott
* Residence Inn New York Manhattan Times Square

North Carolina

* Charlotte City Center Marriott (see post #28)
* Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley (also no luggage rack; no storage)

Texas

* IAH Marriott

Canada

* Calgary Marriott

Germany

* Stuttgart Marriott (some have them; some don't - might be only exec level rooms that have them)

England/United Kingdom

* London County Hall Marriott (newly refurbished rooms only)

Japan

* Courtyard Tokyo Station

Mexico

*Puebla Marriott (Newer side building)

Netherlands

* Amsterdam Marriott (some rooms have desks; some rooms don't - you'll need to request one w/ desk)

Puerto Rico

* San Juan La Concha (quite a few rooms don't have desks)

South Korea

* Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun
Print Wikipost

Roll call: Marriott brand properties WITHOUT desks

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bowtiejunkie
I'm currently staying at SFO Marriott Waterfront and there is a proper desk and chair in the room that is part of renovation decor. This is my fourth separate stay since March 2015. Different rooms and floors each stay. Two earliest stays, no desk. Third stay (early Sep 2015), a desk from old decor that was clearly out of place. Now, this stay there is a proper desk and chair matching and integrating with current decor. I'm glad the desk and chair has been added.
Welcome to Flyertalk & thanks for the report! You might consider stopping by the front desk to emphasis how glad you are that there's a desk.

Cheers.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lt Plt, Hyatt Plt, AA Gold, UA, Avis
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Welcome to Flyertalk & thanks for the report! You might consider stopping by the front desk to emphasis how glad you are that there's a desk.

Cheers.
Thank you for the welcome! You're welcome for the report. I did mention it to the front desk upon check out last week. The lady chuckled a bit. I took that as either she thought I was weird for being excited about a proper desk or she knew about the goof up with the desks.

I'm at the hotel again (Marriott SFO Waterfront). Same floor as last week, directly across my room last week. Proper desk in this room too.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
I think we should add EWR Marriott to the list. See my post showing what they call a desk that's only available in a few rooms. Other rooms don't even have that.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Did you?

Reports by those that may become potential lost customers will have more credence than anyone else. The real problem will be getting the word to someone that will actually have the ability/desire to counter the order of the person that implemented the program. If more dollars walk out the door and these dollars are visible, we might get some attention.
I did and they never responded. Probably because I'm a Platinum. If I was a nobody they might have responded.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by bldr1k
I did and they never responded. Probably because I'm a Platinum. If I was a nobody they might have responded.
When you start sending them copies of your bills from nearby hotels with a cover letter that you'd have preferred to stay there if only they'd had desks in the rooms, they might notice. CC: corporate headquarters.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sethb
When you start sending them copies of your bills from nearby hotels with a cover letter that you'd have preferred to stay there if only they'd had desks in the rooms, they might notice. CC: corporate headquarters.
Great idea.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, UA LT Gold, Hertz PC, 5 MM+ miles
Two Res Inns with desks

Just spent several days at Residence Inn in Holland, Michigan and then Miracle Mile in downtown Chicago. Both hotels had the standard desk and excellent desk chair. As I now do at all Marriott properties, I talked with managers and/or senior staff. None was aware of the removal of desks, or the glass bathroom doors, with refurbishments. All thought the concepts were ridiculous. All also said their properties had given up on the idea of putting the evening snacks all around the lobby area since guests hated it (duh). I urged them to make clear to the property owners and to Marriott headquarters: keep the desks and keep the solid bathroom doors. All said they would definitely followup.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I was just at the Adagio in San Francisco. Room had the usual furnishings (including enough drawer space for two).
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat; MR LT Titanium; HH Diamond
FS Marriott Franklin, TN ("Cool Springs"), last week. Renovation ongoing, stayed in one of the "new" rooms with no desk or chair, and very few outlets (bedside and bathroom). I thought it was something of an anomaly until I stumbled across this thread. Very disturbing trend if this is going on chain-wide.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Based on this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ott-rooms.html

I suggested we start a thread re: Marriott brand properties that do NOT have desks, so FTers will know & can decide whether to stay at a different property.

So if you've stayed at a Marriott (any brand) property that has eliminated having a desk in the room, please name the property & date you know the information is true.

This thread is not to discuss the policy (the discussion re: that can take place in the link above), but to list the property & the date you know it's true so others for whom a desk is important will know in advance if one is available.

Cheers.
Charlotte city center and a laughable closet on the new redesigned rooms......
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
For purposes of this thread, does this count as a desk?

Currently at the Ren Allentown PA, which overall is a very good property. However this desk like thing is very narrow (just deep enough for a 15" MacBook Pro) and not at an ergonomic height. There is power and light, and a little bit of advertising clutter
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bennos
For purposes of this thread, does this count as a desk?

Currently at the Ren Allentown PA, which overall is a very good property. However this desk like thing is very narrow (just deep enough for a 15" MacBook Pro) and not at an ergonomic height. There is power and light, and a little bit of advertising clutter
Not in my book. Barely counts as a shelf!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA Gold, United Silver, SW A List, Bonvoy Titanium
Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley

I recently (11/19) stayed at the Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley and can report that their exciting, newly renovated rooms do not have desks. The rooms do meet some of the other complaints I've seen here -- no genuine work surface in the room, the atrociously non-soundproofed pocket doors for the bathrooms, no luggage rack, no storage, etc.

In general, this hotel is a disaster as they are finishing (maybe) their renovations.

I am staying at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis this week -- also in an exciting, newly renovated room. No desk, no chair to sit in, no luggage rack, no drawers for non-hanging clothing -- and a hair dryer from ~1995 and a very questionably clean corner sofa as the only non-bed seating to add insult to injury

Last edited by Atlantarita; Nov 30, 2015 at 10:08 pm Reason: Added date of stay at Crabtree
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Atlantarita
I recently (11/19) stayed at the Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley and can report that their exciting, newly renovated rooms do not have desks. The rooms do meet some of the other complaints I've seen here -- no genuine work surface in the room, the atrociously non-soundproofed pocket doors for the bathrooms, no luggage rack, no storage, etc.

In general, this hotel is a disaster as they are finishing (maybe) their renovations.

I am staying at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis this week -- also in an exciting, newly renovated room. No desk, no chair to sit in, no luggage rack, no drawers for non-hanging clothing -- and a hair dryer from ~1995 and a very questionably clean corner sofa as the only non-bed seating to add insult to injury
Very disappointing for a Marriott Marquis, it used to be my favorite hotel in Atlanta.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; UA 1K, 1MM; Hyatt Globalist
RI Chicago Downtown/Loop

I checked in Thursday night to this relatively new RI and the first room I received did not have a desk. The room has a breakfast bar with two chairs that could be used as a work surface in a pinch, but it is not a desk-no electrical outlets, no desk lamp and the chairs are table/chairs, not desk chairs. I complained and the front desk quickly offered me a room with a desk, noting that I was here on a business trip and needed a desk to work. He was able to look on the computer to identify rooms without desks and apologized for putting me in a desk-free room. My initial room was xx07, and he said all of the xx07 rooms are no desk rooms. The room he sent me to next, xx19, did not have a desk, either. It was identical to xx07. He was perplexed, because the system showed it had a desk. He then did some quick investigation and found that all the xx19 rooms are also desk free, but the system did not reflect that. He then assigned me xx14, but went to the room personally to check that it had a desk before sending me there. It does have a desk and desk chair and is suitable for work.
High marks to the hotel for having a system to identify rooms with desks and especially to the gentleman who went out of his way to make sure that I got one.
If you want a desk at this hotel, avoid rooms xx07 and xx19.
The hotel is great otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.