Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Roll call: Marriott brand properties WITHOUT desks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mjcewl1284
USA

California

* Beverly Hills Marriott
* SFO Airport Marriott (some rooms have desks; others don't)

Florida

* Renaissance Boca Raton (most rooms also without dressers)
* North Ft. Lauderdale Marriott (also, 2 drawers are the size of desk drawers, not chest drawers)

Georgia

* Atlanta Marriott Marquis

Illinois

* Chicago Marriott Magnificent Mile
* Renaissance Chicago Downtown
* Residence Inn Chicago Downtown (xx07 & xx19 rooms definitely do not have desks; rooms xx14 do)

Indiana
*Residence Inn Ft. Wayne (front desk says some studios & 1BR's still have desks, but the 2BR/2BA suites do not.

Oklahoma

* Oklahoma City Marriott Waterford

Missouri

* St. Louis Marriott Grand

New Jersey

* EWR Marriott (see post)

New York

* Buffalo Marriott
* Residence Inn New York Manhattan Times Square

North Carolina

* Charlotte City Center Marriott (see post #28)
* Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley (also no luggage rack; no storage)

Texas

* IAH Marriott

Canada

* Calgary Marriott

Germany

* Stuttgart Marriott (some have them; some don't - might be only exec level rooms that have them)

England/United Kingdom

* London County Hall Marriott (newly refurbished rooms only)

Japan

* Courtyard Tokyo Station

Mexico

*Puebla Marriott (Newer side building)

Netherlands

* Amsterdam Marriott (some rooms have desks; some rooms don't - you'll need to request one w/ desk)

Puerto Rico

* San Juan La Concha (quite a few rooms don't have desks)

South Korea

* Courtyard Seoul Namdaemun
Print Wikipost

Roll call: Marriott brand properties WITHOUT desks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sethb
Relatively unlikely: moving walls is very expensive. And increasing the number of rooms by making each of them smaller is unlikely to be worthwhile (consider the amount of plumbing that would have to be done).
Good point, & perhaps the rooms in the lower levels will remain the same size, but the room I was in is where the lounge used to be, so no pre-existing walls. Plus, this appears to be a huge remodel job (a gut job), not just freshening up rooms.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, bw diamond.Hilton diamond
hi everyone does anyone have any pics about this would be interested seeing some examples thank you
Old Sep 27, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bigfootlikestotravel
hi everyone does anyone have any pics about this would be interested seeing some examples thank you
I wish i had taken a pic, I just spent 4 days in a new room at Atlanta Marriott Marquis.

I really liked the room, there was a small table and a L shaped bench/ sofa against the wall. I had my lap top on the small table, I had my feet up on the bench. It was comfortable and conducive to getting work done. If you want to spread out the circular table is not as good as a desk but for my needs I really liked the room. Also, the mattress was amazing. Best I've been on all year.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Has anyone contacted Marriott about why they are doing this?

Sometimes I spend 12 hours working in a hotel room and without a desk and comfortable chair this is not very enjoyable.

This just happened to me in the Marriott SFO - there was a little round table and a couch instead of a chair. It was horrible.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by bldr1k

Sometimes I spend 12 hours working in a hotel room and without a desk and comfortable chair this is not very enjoyable.

This just happened to me in the Marriott SFO - there was a little round table and a couch instead of a chair. It was horrible.
Purely my own speculation and not any official version by any means...some highly paid 'consultant' has advised Marriott that it is more hep to go deskless, since their 'research' indicates that millennials and other wannabees do much of their 'work' on phones from bed (or a couch perhaps), there is no need to provide a desk and make the room look smaller.

I am like you, working long hours in my hotel room, often late into the night. If I encountered a desk-less room, I think I would ask that they either provide me with a desk or acceptable substitute or give me my money back. What madness...
Old Oct 4, 2015, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bldr1k

Did you?

Reports by those that may become potential lost customers will have more credence than anyone else. The real problem will be getting the word to someone that will actually have the ability/desire to counter the order of the person that implemented the program. If more dollars walk out the door and these dollars are visible, we might get some attention.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:23 pm

Tokyo station courtyard only has a coffee table, no desk
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Readog
Beverly Hills Marriott. Just converted to a FS Marriott so it is renovated without desks.
Glad I saw this. Am going to be in the area working on a long term project for UCLA Medical Center. The closest FS hotel is a W, where I write this from-don't get me started on this place, but suffice to say, I won't be back.

Had been looking for another FS property that wouldn't require too much of a commute & came up this Marriott-was just about to book a stay there when I found this e-mail.

Thanks for starting this thread & I will take my business elsewhere!
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by txrus
Glad I saw this. Am going to be in the area working on a long term project for UCLA Medical Center. The closest FS hotel is a W, where I write this from-don't get me started on this place, but suffice to say, I won't be back.

Had been looking for another FS property that wouldn't require too much of a commute & came up this Marriott-was just about to book a stay there when I found this e-mail.

Thanks for starting this thread & I will take my business elsewhere!
Please let the hotel manager know why you aren't staying there. They aren't likely to fix problems that they don't know are costing them money.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sethb
Please let the hotel manager know why you aren't staying there. They aren't likely to fix problems that they don't know are costing them money.
This. The GMs need to know.

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
This. The GMs need to know.

Cheers.
I'd be happy to-does anyone have any contact info for him/her?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You can either call the hotel directly & ask or call cust svc & ask them. Probably easier to call the property directly.

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
I had a 6 night stay at the Stuttgart/Sindelfingen Marriott 4 weeks ago and all of their renovations are complete. The rooms look nice. Upon check-in, I was given the standard "deluxe" room for the first night. As mentioned above, it doesn't have a desk. It does have, what I would call, an oversized, movable TV tray that you can work from. While it's not a desk, it was at least a small working surface. I actually preferred it when I was getting ready for bed and needed to send out a few last emails and/or Skype with the wife.

The last 5 nights were in an executive room, which did have a built in desk, similar to what you'd find in the Frankfurt Marriott rooms. No complaints there.

So from what I've experienced, only the executive rooms (and possibly suites) have the built-in desks.

Just something to note...
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Snailmail.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lt Plt, Hyatt Plt, AA Gold, UA, Avis
I'm currently staying at SFO Marriott Waterfront and there is a proper desk and chair in the room that is part of renovation decor. This is my fourth separate stay since March 2015. Different rooms and floors each stay. Two earliest stays, no desk. Third stay (early Sep 2015), a desk from old decor that was clearly out of place. Now, this stay there is a proper desk and chair matching and integrating with current decor. I'm glad the desk and chair has been added.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.