Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Macau & Ritz Carlton [Master Thread]

Old May 11, 2015, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

JW Marriott Macau has a flash sale and the room rate from HK$833. This is very attractive rate consider it is a new hotel which will open on May 27. And you can play the world’s longest Skytop Rapids too.

Book between 11th May 12pm and 13th May 12pm
http://deals.marriott.com/jw-marriot...-flash-sale#rd

^^
Old May 11, 2015, 9:35 pm

Thanks, just booked it for 1133 HKD (weekend). Nearly the same as the Sheraton and Holiday Inn next door, but I expect the JW to be significantly better...
Old May 12, 2015, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guidospizza
Thanks, just booked it for 1133 HKD (weekend). Nearly the same as the Sheraton and Holiday Inn next door, but I expect the JW to be significantly better...
it is a new hotel, i guess it will be much better too.
Old May 12, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
+1

Thanks, just booked it for 1133 HKD (weekend). Nearly the same as the Sheraton and Holiday Inn next door, but I expect the JW to be significantly better..
I agree, but it will depend on the EL, let us know .
Old May 12, 2015, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Just noticed that Macau is getting 3 properties this year:

JW Marriott Macau
Ritz Carlton Macau (opening June 2015)
Zhuhai Marriott (opening September 2015)

Cheers.
Old May 12, 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jiatong
I agree, but it will depend on the EL, let us know .
BTW - the JW is a Cat 7.

According to the website the exec lounge is open daily from 6am-midnight. Doesn't mention breakfast, so wonder if that's in the restaurant or they just forgot to list it.

Special Benefits
This room features Executive lounge access
Open: Sun-Sat, Open: 0600-2400 Daily
Complimentary food:
- midday snack
- afternoon tea
- hors d'oeuvres
- dessert
Complimentary Cocktails
Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
Complimentary business services
Check-in and Check-out Services
Meeting Room Facilities (Up to 2 Hours per Day)
Old May 12, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Code is not working for any date I put in,,,seems like they used their promotional budget...shame since site says offer good thru May 13, 12 pm
Old May 12, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by fredlisancnc
Code is not working for any date I put in,,,seems like they used their promotional budget...shame since site says offer good thru May 13, 12 pm
Same here. I was already planning on staying here with points, but would have paid at the promo rate.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by fredlisancnc
Maybe local time?
Old May 27, 2015, 9:19 am

Maybe local time?
That would be my guess.

Look forward to getting trip reports.

Cheers.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Just noticed that Macau is getting 3 properties this year:

JW Marriott Macau
Ritz Carlton Macau (opening June 2015)
Zhuhai Marriott (opening September 2015)

Cheers.
Well Zhuhai is actually in mainland China and border control is enforced between Zhuhai and Macau. Still, very good selections for Macau.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:49 am

JW Marriott Macau -- gold treatment

This hotel was just opened 2 days ago. Wonder which FTer will be the first to stay? Any elite recongization? Want to know what gold will get in turn of upgrade. Thanks!
Old May 28, 2015, 10:00 am

JW Marriott Macau & Ritz Carlton

Officially opened.

http://news.marriott.com/2015/05/jw-...or-luxury.html

JW Marriott Hotel Macau and The Ritz-Carlton are located at Galaxy Macau™, Phase II – Macau’s newest, fully integrated world-class resort.

JW is a Cat 7. Exec lounge open daily.

JW Marriott Hotel Macau – A New Benchmark for Luxury

"JW Marriott Hotel Macau will serve as Asia’s flagship hotel, bringing guests a sense of harmony through the richness of authenticity – discovered in the beauty of craftsmanship and delivered with an intuitive response to personal expectations. With 1,015 luxurious rooms and suites styled with elegant sophistication and overlooking magnificent views of the Galaxy Macau™’s Grand Resort Deck and Cotai Macau, the hotel is an effortless luxury retreat that puts guests at ease.

The newly opened JW Marriott Hotel Macau is home to four restaurants, which will provide innovative, intuitive and crafted dining experiences that leave everlasting memories. Helmed by Executive Chef, Bruno Correa, the hotel’s culinary offers include classic Cantonese cuisine in a contemporary Chinese setting at the Man Ho Chinese Restaurant; an all-day dining outlet with international and regional cuisine – Urban Kitchen; the relaxing JW Pool Bar; and the sophisticated lobby lounge The Lounge.

To provide a truly immersive resort experience for guests of all ages, JW Marriott Hotel Macau is also taking the concept of “Edutainment” to Macau via the world’s largest JW Kids’ Club, which features an abundance of interactive activities for children that are designed to educate as well as to entertain. There is a dedicated kids’ pool for vacationing family guests and outdoor pool, in addition to access to Galaxy Macau’s 75,000 m2 Grand Resort Deck with lush oasis gardens, the world’s largest Skytop Wave Pool, the world’s longest Skytop Rapids at 575m and a 350-ton white sand beach. Guests can also choose to stay at the hotel’s exclusive Retreat Studios and Pool Suites to revel in the ultimate relaxation."

The Ritz-Carlton, Macau – Bringing its Legendary Service to the Heart of Macau

Offering the impeccable levels of service for which the brand is famous around the world, The Ritz-Carlton, Macau, will feature over 250 suites on the top floors of the integrated resort.

Whether it is classic Cantonese fine dining at Lai Heen whose chef played a very important role in achieving two-star Michelin restaurant recognition at his previous restaurant; sophisticated high-teas or cocktails with spectacular views over the Cotai skyline at the classic The Ritz-Carlton Bar & Lounge; or the casual and exotic ambience of The Ritz-Carlton Café where guest can indulge in The Ritz-Carlton Jewelry Afternoon Tea; or healthy yet tasty organic fare and traceable seafood at The Ritz-Carlton Pool Bar – all offer an unsurpassed culinary journey sure to inspire the senses.

During their in-room check in on arrival, guests can immerse themselves in the local culture with Chinese tea and local snacks, all to the backdrop of soothing music. In-room amenities include traditional egg-tarts, almond cookies and chocolates along with a bookmark that details the history of Macau.

The relaxing outdoor pool provides spectacular views over Cotai, whilst, for those seeking privacy, the poolside cabanas provide an intimate retreat. For the ultimate pampering experience, guests can immerse themselves in sensorial bliss at the hotel’s spa, ESPA. Featuring ten lavish treatment rooms and three couples’ suites, which infuse elements of design rooted in traditional Chinese and Portuguese architecture, a therapeutic massage session at the idyllic hotel spa is sure to warm the soul."
Old May 28, 2015, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by neuro0
This hotel was just opened 2 days ago. Wonder which FTer will be the first to stay? Any elite recongization? Want to know what gold will get in turn of upgrade. Thanks!
I'll be staying there on June 6. So far, no TR's from any FTer....still a slim chance I'll be the first one

I am a Plat and have deliberately booked the lowest room category to see if I am upgraded
Old May 29, 2015, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by mediator
Well Zhuhai is actually in mainland China and border control is enforced between Zhuhai and Macau. Still, very good selections for Macau.
Yes - and for foreign visitors to China please check if visa is required.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.