Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2014, 2:25 am
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
Things Change -2

I agree that things have now really changed and it has become a day to day situation with much caution warranted.. My previous posts up thread were based on the situation at the given time, but I probably should have qualified them to read "as of the moment". Will be returning to BKK CY in three days
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
I am still at the Renaissance but leave tomorrow. The avenue in front of the very long circular drive seems to close in the evening now, which impacts the Renaissance, the Hyatt, and, I believe the Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn. I chose not to go to a nearby mall to buy a clean Uniqlo or other high-street t-shirt today but still traveled around the city for leisure. Things work, and the staff at the Renaissance remain awesome, truly awesome. I gave up on Marriott loyalty last year in favor of Hyatt, but the cool and genuine lounge staff have maybe made me regret that. Too late to clock in 40 nights, I guess, but this thread seems to be about more important themes at the moment. I reckon I passed by the Central World protest side with the most recent grenade incident within the hour after when arriving at the Chit Lom stop via BTS. The skytrain ran in a perfectly normal fashion, and nobody seemed visibly alarmed. I am so far from an expert on the city, but locals are quite maintaining their daily routines. I come from the US and still feel more comfortable here than in certain cities in my home country over the past decade and half. The forces behind these attacks are not trying to kill a ton of people but want to make selective points. The violent pro-government extremists here are not aiming at wide-scale destruction; wide-scale terror would be totally defeatist. While deplorable, the violence is selective. Still, I would not recommend this week for a dream honeymoon in Bangkok if one had the flexibility to wait. I also would not recommend a dream honeymoon in Karachi, Juarez, San Pedro Sula, or Gary, Indiana among many other places this week.

Edit: I do not want to group Bangkok along with the preceding cities (none of which I have ever visited, and I give them al the benefit of the doubt) but might recommend chilling out for a bit on non-time-sensitive holidays.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I have been to Gary and, trust me, your impressions aren't off...

I've been to BKK before, so I'm getting what people are saying. I am continuing to monitor the situation. The truth is, it won't matter if I cancel now or three weeks from now, so there's nothing to be gained by doing anything now.

One question though: if the street in front of the hotel is closed at night, how close can a cab get to the hotel? My flight arrives at 22:55, and I'll have a couple suitcases, so it's a concern.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
they will open the barrier for your cab to the hotel most likely as they did for us
Old Feb 24, 2014, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by ryan754
they will open the barrier for your cab to the hotel most likely as they did for us
Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
renaissance bkk

Our cab driver did not want/refused to pass the barriers. He suggested to take the skytrain to the hotel, but after a brief look we saw that the hotel was only a minute walk from the intersection before the barriers.

We got to the hotel at midnight (in retrospect, probably not a great time), and saw small tents all along the opposite side of the street. certainly not for the faint of heart.

After talking with the fdc, it seems like they took advantage of the fact that they have very low occupancy and closed down 5 floors, including the upper-class rooms for renovation/refreshing. It's a shame that this hotel is where it is because it is very beautiful!
Old Feb 26, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mapelle621
Our cab driver did not want/refused to pass the barriers. He suggested to take the skytrain to the hotel, but after a brief look we saw that the hotel was only a minute walk from the intersection before the barriers.

We got to the hotel at midnight (in retrospect, probably not a great time), and saw small tents all along the opposite side of the street. certainly not for the faint of heart.

After talking with the fdc, it seems like they took advantage of the fact that they have very low occupancy and closed down 5 floors, including the upper-class rooms for renovation/refreshing. It's a shame that this hotel is where it is because it is very beautiful!
I was under the impression that the tents in front of the Renaissance were for the authorities. They are all camouflaged, orderly, and did not appear to be occupied. The tents on the other side of the barrier near the protest zone in front of Central World are for the protesters, I thought, as are the ones in Lumpini Park and near Siam Square etc... I genuinely do not know. My mototaxi drivers definitely were not going to ask to open the barricade, but I feel self conscious arriving at fancy hotels on mototaxis anyway and am happy to walk. Hope you enjoy your stay. Getting from the Renaissance to the airport has always proven quicker for me with the BTS and Phaya Thai train anyway, but that cannot be pleasant with a lot of luggage.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by abitlost
I was under the impression that the tents in front of the Renaissance were for the authorities. They are all camouflaged, orderly, and did not appear to be occupied. The tents on the other side of the barrier near the protest zone in front of Central World are for the protesters, I thought, as are the ones in Lumpini Park and near Siam Square etc... I genuinely do not know. My mototaxi drivers definitely were not going to ask to open the barricade, but I feel self conscious arriving at fancy hotels on mototaxis anyway and am happy to walk. Hope you enjoy your stay. Getting from the Renaissance to the airport has always proven quicker for me with the BTS and Phaya Thai train anyway, but that cannot be pleasant with a lot of luggage.
As cheap as cabs are, and considering how late the DL and KE flights get into BKK, I'm always in a cab. But I've always stayed at the JW in the past. The extremely low rate at the Ren has me trying something new this time. The JW keeps emailing about how calm things are around their hotel, but the rate continues to be much higher than the Ren.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by mapelle621
It's a shame that this hotel is where it is because it is very beautiful!
The hotel is in a perfect location. It's a shame the protests are where they are.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA explt, 5 million miler
Word is this morning, there are going to be opening all the intersections this weekend, and move the protest center to Lumpini park. Per Bangkok Post.
Traffic has been quite bad last few days. A couple taxi drivers told me business is down 50%, because it takes so long to get anywhere. Higher fare hotel customers are using BTS. I took taxi from Courtyard Wednesday to my friends. A 10 minute ride, took just over an hour.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:26 am
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
Protest Update

I was out and about today (from CY) and as promised the protest site at Ratchaprasong has been completely dismantled and moved to Lumpini Park. Streets and sidewalks were being power washed and broom cleaned. This part of BKK has never looked so clean. Only remaining obstacle is the mega tent in the middle of Ratchadamri in front of Central World and near Big C, but it is in the process of being taken down. Should be cleared in a matter of just a few hours. Traffic is back to its normal chaotic state and access to and from the Ren & CY should be back to normal.

I can't verify, but other sites--Asok, MBK, Victory Monument--are also reportedly being taken down.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Which one of Bangkok hotels would you experts recommend as a substitute for a resort?

I do understand none of the hotels is a resort but I'm looking for something that at least has a pool area that gets some sun etc. I have understood that Ren pool does not get any sun?

I was originally going to stay in Bangkok for business and then head to Marriott resort in Rayong for my resort needs but now my meetings are scheduled in a way that makes it impossible to head out of town for more than one day at a time so I'm looking for alternative in Bangkok itself.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
The Ren one is indoors, but open sides to the outside. The JW one can get some sun at certain times of the day, but it is kind of small. I've stayed at the Marriott and the Courtyard, but for the life of me I can't remember what the pools look like! I'm sure they have some pictures online.

Like you said, none of the hotels in BKK are resorts, since the Marriott across the river de-flagged over a year ago. That hotel was resort like. However, I still like them all.

I usually just stay at the lowest cost option, but prefer the JW over the Ren (but the Ren usually upgrades me to better rooms).

Billy
Old Mar 9, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Marriott Sukhumvit 57 has the best pool of the non-MEA properties IMHO.
Otherwise CY & JW have OK pools. best pool MEA Sathorn Vista.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 4:11 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
The rool area at the Courtyard is more cramped than the one at the JW. The pool area at the JW seldom gets very busy. Depending on the time of year the JW gets the sun from about 11am to 4:30pm but there is a bit of time in the afternoon when a building casts its shadow. Best chairs for the sun at the JW are the far right hand corner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.