Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by adrocky
Looking for some advice here on burning two MegaBonus certs at either the JW Bangkok or the Renaissance in August. Reading the last ten pages or so on this thread, it seems like the consensus is that Ren is in a better location and has a superior lounge. As a MR Gold, I'm looking for a place that I'm likely to be given lounge access, has short walks to BTS, and a nice pool. Complementary laundry services would be awesome as well. Also, for the first night (of three), I will be staying at the Conrad (I need Hilton activity on my account before my last few points expire). Should I switch my res from JW to Ren? Are there any other considerations that I'm missing?
if you're emphasis is on pool though, I'd go for the Marriott 57. Also they'll give you lounge access (though inferior to the one of the Ren for sure). BTS (Thong Lo) just a short walk from the hotel entrance (Marriott 57). In comparison JW - Ren, the pool of JW is also nicer than the cold one of the Ren.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA 1P; HH Diamond; MR Gold
Thanks, Kap and Chris. I'm leaning toward Ren due to the more favorable location (for me). As long as the lounge has a decent breakfast and from what I understand, a happy hour in the evening, I think I'll be happy. I do remember the Siam Paragon mall the last time I was there. Although I liked to food court there, hopefully, I'll be able to find some good restaurants in the area.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, Kap and Chris. I'm leaning toward Ren due to the more favorable location (for me). As long as the lounge has a decent breakfast and from what I understand, a happy hour in the evening, I think I'll be happy. I do remember the Siam Paragon mall the last time I was there. Although I liked to food court there, hopefully, I'll be able to find some good restaurants in the area.
If you walk over to Siam Square there are a number of interesting restaurants in the area.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
There are so many restaurants in Siam Paragon and just not the Food Court. Lower Level and I believe Level 3 or 4 some very good restaurants. Also Central World next door has many good spots.

The breakfast in Ren lounge is really very good. Even will make you omelets etc. .

Happy hour the food selection Hot and Cold is excellent and if you like to drink the girls there will keep asking if they can mix you anything.

Even some small snacks all day and of course non alcoholic beverages always available.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:10 pm

To me, the location difference between the JW and the Ren is negligible. They are one BTS stop apart (maybe a 3 minute ride). So, I think that you have to look at the hotel itself. So,

Location - a wash

Pool - JW > Ren

Lounge - seems to be a toss up. I prefer the JW but that is probably because I am much more familiar with that hotel vs. the Ren. Other posters have given very high marks to the Ren's lounge, and it has been very nice the times I have stayed there.

Rooms - Ren probably has e a slight edge. Rooms are newer, though the JW has renovated most of theirs in the past year or so (and I believe on the executive floors, all have been renovated)

My preference is the JW, but both are very nice and I think you will have a nice stay at either.

Marriott Suk 57 - never stayed there, but they do have a nice rooftop bar restaurant which is a fun place to go.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eastnortheast
To me, the location difference between the JW and the Ren is negligible. They are one BTS stop apart (maybe a 3 minute ride). So, I think that you have to look at the hotel itself. So,

Location - a wash
I prefer the REN location as you have more restaurants (that I like) and things to do within walking distance. Yes it is true you only need to take the BTS however especially at peak times it is very very very crowded.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:58 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Renaissance has thai residents rate for 3000++ and courtyard (until 31st Jan) for 1500++
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium
Stayed at the Ren 2 weeks ago and had a fantastic stay. Was upgraded to a junior suite which was a really nice room and the lounge was great for breakfast and happy hour. The only downside to me was the temperature of the pool, the water is seriously cold. The locations is very convenient to the BTS, any number of malls (Central & Siam both have multiple malls within a few minutes walk) and a good selection of food options.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1P; HH Diamond; MR Gold
Thanks all for the great advice. I changed my res to Ren given all the positive comments regarding the property!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH D, MR Plat, SPG G
For a great meal, try ARTUR, it is on Soi Tonson, within walking distance (5 minutes) from the Ren.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...t-Bangkok.html

Artur is down 100 yards or more on the left, but a little closer on the right is this great place for Italian:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...e-Bangkok.html
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:38 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Thanks all for the great advice. I changed my res to Ren given all the positive comments regarding the property!
It was reported that the Renaissance lounge is closed due to low occupancy rate ...

I personally prefer the lounge at the JW Marriott, much superior and the best in the Marriott system. The 2nd floor lounge at the Marriott Sukhumvit 57 was great when we stayed there last April.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
It was reported that the Renaissance lounge is closed due to low occupancy rate ...

I personally prefer the lounge at the JW Marriott, much superior and the best in the Marriott system. The 2nd floor lounge at the Marriott Sukhumvit 57 was great when we stayed there last April.
Checked out the Renaissance on Wednesday, lounge open, I believe they suspended breakfast service in the lounge for the first week of the protests, breakfast was instead being offered in the main restraunt for all lounge eligible guests, this ended on Monday and is now back to normal.

The lounge was open with it's regular hours thoughout all including regular high tea and cocktail hours.

Another great stay, haven't stayed at Suk 57 yet but my vote would go to the Ren any day.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
Marriott Sukhumvit

No interruption of lounge service here but the offerings are miniscule compared to the Renaissance -- usually just two Asian hot items and soup along with a smattering of cheese, nuts, salad and inch-square desserts. Lounge attendants are exceptional. Location isn't great but BTS Skytrain is a five-minute walk. The outdoor patio on the 45th floor offers an amazing view although visibility this week has not been very good because of smog. Protest activities did not appear to live up to the hype as near as I could tell. A two block stretch of the road between the Ren and Central World is closed off as well as a larger area perpendicular to Sukhumvit near Central World. Lots of small tents are set up on the roadway as well as in Lumpini Park.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Putting aside the question whether one feels comfortable going to BKK right now, for those who are interested, the Ren lowered its nightly rates 30% and went to PointSaver for those wanting to use Rewards Points. It's 80k for five nights instead of 100k, or just over $500 US for the five nights.

I did just make reservations for next month, but will continue to monitor the situation to decide whether to go or whether to swtich to another hotel.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by cln
Renaissance has thai residents rate for 3000++ and courtyard (until 31st Jan) for 1500++
cln - what's the rate code for Thai residents? Usually, the local code is lpr. I'm not seeing that one in March, though I realize your original post was about Jan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.