Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Number of guests in lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Please remind me what the current rules are for bringing guests into lounge. I am a Platinum and have a triple-occupancy room at the Paris Opera Ambassador hotel later this year. Can I bring all people in our room into the lounge?
Thank you!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Technically, it's you and one guest. Here are some observations:
  • Some hotels are strictly enforcing the one guest policy, and charging for any additional guests. I was recently at the MSP Airport Marriott where they were strictly checking everyone against a printed list. The Chicago Mag Mile Marriott sometimes has a person with the list camped outside the CL door.
  • Some hotels are more lax on this and don't really ask or keep track of who is with whom. This tends to be the norm. Three people wouldn't be an issue, but five, ten or fifty might.
  • Children staying in your room do not usually count as your one person, in my experience. In other words, if it's you, your spouse and your child, you shouldn't have an issue at most hotels.
  • If you have more than one room in your name, both rooms are usually given access for two people.
If you provide the name of the hotel, there may be someone on here who can tell you specifically. You may, also, tip your hat and find they are waiting for you to bring in the extra guest. Probably not, but it might be a concern.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:39 pm
Suspended

they did in their initial post - its the Paris Opera Ambassador hotel

so OP, check here (where your question belongs)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...is-france.html

Originally Posted by CJKatl
If you provide the name of the hotel, there may be someone on here who can tell you specifically.

Last edited by leeky; Mar 27, 2015 at 3:06 am
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by leeky
Man do I feel like an idiot.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:12 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Technically, it's you and one guest. Here are some observations:
  • Some hotels are strictly enforcing the one guest policy, and charging for any additional guests. I was recently at the MSP Airport Marriott where they were strictly checking everyone against a printed list. The Chicago Mag Mile Marriott sometimes has a person with the list camped outside the CL door.
  • Some hotels are more lax on this and don't really ask or keep track of who is with whom. This tends to be the norm. Three people wouldn't be an issue, but five, ten or fifty might.
  • Children staying in your room do not usually count as your one person, in my experience. In other words, if it's you, your spouse and your child, you shouldn't have an issue at most hotels.
  • If you have more than one room in your name, both rooms are usually given access for two people.
If you provide the name of the hotel, there may be someone on here who can tell you specifically. You may, also, tip your hat and find they are waiting for you to bring in the extra guest. Probably not, but it might be a concern.
I did Chicago Mag Mile, there was a person at the booth with a list and they still let everyone in. The lines were out into the hallway...
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:20 pm
Suspended

That's why I love the SFO Marriott... They have a person blocking the lounge door who's strictly enforcing the +1 guest. God bless that person.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

so OP, check here (where your question belongs)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...is-france.html
Thank you for the replies! Leeky I understand why you suggest that my question be in the specific hotel thread but I was asking a general question about Marriott lounge policy so that is why the question is here.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:40 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
That's why I love the SFO Marriott... They have a person blocking the lounge door who's strictly enforcing the +1 guest. God bless that person.
I just stayed there, and the person was only present at breakfast. At the other times, it was key-card entry only.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:50 pm
Suspended

and by placing your question in a new thread you're getting responses regarding MSP, Chicago & San Francisco vrs the Paris Opera property as posters don't read your initial question (and not one response to your question limited to Paris).

Originally Posted by charlesinseattle
Thank you for the replies! Leeky I understand why you suggest that my question be in the specific hotel thread but I was asking a general question about Marriott lounge policy so that is why the question is here.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:09 pm

and by placing your question in a new thread you're getting responses regarding MSP, Chicago & San Francisco vrs the Paris Opera property as posters don't read your initial question (and not one response to your question limited to Paris).
You auditioning to be a Flyertalk mod?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Don't we already have a thread on generic topic of how many guests for lounge that was started last year? Maybe this thread could be merged with that one since it's not property specific? (and no I'm not auditioning to be a FT mod ).

Cheers.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Snip-Snip... and no I'm not auditioning to be a FT mod ).
Are you sure? I reckon youre almost ready...
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Add the JW Hong Kong to the list of properties enforcing the one guest rule. They will let more in but will charge for it.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
Ditto with the Manila Marriott.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:54 am

Does anyone know the level of enforcement for Berlin, Hamburg and Copenhagen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.