Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

That "Thank You for Redeeming Your Points" E-mail ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19

... scared the hell outta me- I thought I'd been hacked and had my account cleaned out (turns out it was for a redemption I'd made two weeks ago). Y'all at Marriott Rewards should perhaps use another way of wording that, especially for OLD reservations!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Ditto, that was my first reaction as well.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat, A3* Gold, WN A+ CP, Marriott Plat Prem (LTP), Hilton Gold, Avis First, Hertz PC
Make that 3 of us
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It would be good practice to send out the email as soon as a redemption is done from the account.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Same thing here. What is the point some 10 days after the stay?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
I also thought that it was a poorly phrased message, and overkill, akin to spam. I don't need to be thanked for using my points. My stay is my thanks, right? Marriott is flying way to frequently in terms of pushing messages to members, under the guise of offering specials -- such as letting me know that I can get a wonderful weekend getaway rate in Armenia. Too many junk mailings have led me to unsubscribe from most Marriott mailings. They say that the moment a customer visits a subscription center to decrease mailings, that's evidence of a badly managed e-marketing program -- the experts are already supposed to know how often you want to be bothered. Marriott isn't the worst of these offenders; JetBlue takes the prize for mailbox clutter.

Last edited by BlaiseBOS; Jan 31, 2015 at 11:19 pm Reason: fix typo
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
... scared the hell outta me- I thought I'd been hacked and had my account cleaned out (turns out it was for a redemption I'd made two weeks ago). Y'all at Marriott Rewards should perhaps use another way of wording that, especially for OLD reservations!
I hear you. That email message freaked me out! I was like "what redemption"? Lol.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I was thinking 'what on earth is this?' when I first saw it - that message is unnecessary since I already got an award confirmation. It would be great if they could merge the two into one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.