Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
All 37 Delta properties are now fully integrated into the Marriott program for points earning/burning & other elite bennies.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Acquires Delta Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Good point! More badges for us to earn
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by FlyB
Nice to see Marriott, nice new property they get in the Edmonton Arena district as well.
True and YEG is home to the only Renaissance airport hotel.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
I thought that this was to be a second airport hotel? Or were they completely shutting down the existing hotel? That's a pity, that leaves a long walk to the new one. Also, wonder what will happen with the space.
From what I've been told by Delta employee they were doing a full move. No idea about the existing building's future. I've always loved the pool after a TATL flight but felt clostrophobic in the rooms.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tcook052
True and YEG is home to the only Renaissance airport hotel.

Hmmmm. There is something known as the Renaissance Hotel Philadelphia Airport, and perhaps others, as well.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Hmmmm. There is something known as the Renaissance Hotel Philadelphia Airport, and perhaps others, as well.
Hmmmm. Is that one and the others actually connected to the terminal?

Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
Hmmmm. Is that one and the others actually connected to the terminal?

Ok, but that's not the definition of "airport hotel". So you should have said "airport-connected hotel" (in your earlier post) if that's what you meant.

And then there are (non-Renaissance) hotels that are not just airport-connected, but inside the actual airport. This is not one of them, is it? The one that I'm thinking of is the former Scandic (no longer with that brand) in the basement of HEL (Helsinki, Finland) airport.

So precise terminology matters!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Ok, but that's not the definition of "airport hotel". So you should have said "airport-connected hotel" (in your earlier post) if that's what you meant.
Mea culpa.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, No other status because my company hates me.
I've stayed in quite a few Delta Hotels in Canada. They are nice. I would consider it around CY level hotel.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:42 am

Great news! The Delta Whistler is a favorite.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by pilgrim
Great news! The Delta Whistler is a favorite.
We are considering Whistler next ski season. Ease of access to the lifts, village and spacious two bedroom units are our preference. We have stayed in a few places there over the years, most recently the Sundial (nice, great location, but one of the bedrooms was way too small). Would you recommend Delta? Other options? Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Besides Whistler, which of the other Delta hotels can be considered good ones? (From whatever standpoint - location, facilities, historic, etc)
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:53 pm

Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is quite decent and best located for skiing Kananaskis. Only issue I had was that they are very pet friendly.
I have also stayed at a couple of the Calgary ones and two in Edmonton and they are nothing special, just a typical business hotel.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
I have stayed at the Delta in Downtown Ottawa for work and found it very modern and nice....
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
The property in Victoria, BC has I believe the best views of the inner harbour, Government building and The Empress. Rooms are a little tight and you are slightly away from the main tourist areas ( but walkable) but there is access to a small beach and walking path. Restaraunt/lounge on site are good. They may have a problem though if they decide to rebuild the Johnson Street bridge as that is the main access to the area.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
I'm looking forward to read about Delta Privilege program Status recognition in the Marriott Rewards program. Would a Gold with DP be recognized as such in the MR program?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.