Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
All 37 Delta properties are now fully integrated into the Marriott program for points earning/burning & other elite bennies.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Acquires Delta Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 11:30 am

Just had a fantastic stay at the Delta London Armouries. Great property, interesting architecture, wonderful staff, nice lounge. All in all a great stay, and great value when in southwestern Ontario.

Cheers,
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:30 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Nice stay at the Delta Quebec, Upgrade to CL, good sized lounge, alas uninspiring food... Very helpful staff. Recommended.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Stayed at Delta Kananaskis Lodge, CA this weekend. Fantastic spot, upgraded to a nice suite with great view and provided vouchers ($24 x 4) for breakfast since no lounge.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: Lots
I've stayed at both the Delta Okanagan in Kelowna and the Delta Edmonton City Center in the past few months.

Okanagan is nice although was undergoing some renovations. They do have a lounge but I cannot remember if it was open on the weekends. I was upgraded to a suite my first stay which was enormous. Second stay just had a normal king room which was nice and still had a lake view.

Edmonton City Center is undergoing a much needed renovation. The rooms have a very dated atmosphere with one of the weirdest showers I have ever seen. Imagine a bathtub flipped on its side (and obviously size adjusted) but it was an enclosure like that. I may give it another shot next time I'm up there if the renovations are complete. Location is ok although there is construction of a new arena right across the street. I don't eat breakfast but I do vaguely recall that I did get a voucher.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Stayed at the Delta in Racine, WI two weekends ago..

Not nice.

Bar was open but no one was there. Rooms horribly dated.. (think clock radio from 80's) and the acoustics.. oh the acoustics.. I quite literally could hear people fart from multiple rooms.. All for the bargain basement price of $215.. Booked it as it looked FS..
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Stayed at the Delta in Racine, WI two weekends ago..

Not nice.

Bar was open but no one was there. Rooms horribly dated.. (think clock radio from 80's) and the acoustics.. oh the acoustics.. I quite literally could hear people fart from multiple rooms.. All for the bargain basement price of $215.. Booked it as it looked FS..
This is the Racine Architect & Conference Center. Marriott website says "A Marriott Rewards Hotel, also refreshing as a Delta by Marriott"

So sounds like it will be undergoing renovation/rebrand as a Delta.

Website says "As a Marriott Rewards member, you can enjoy your Elite benefits and now earn points or miles for stays at this hotel"

Website says the exec lounge is closed on the weekend. Did you get brekkie in the restaurant? Cont'l or full? Let me know & I'll add the property to the exec lounge sticky w/ an update.

Cheers.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
This is the Racine Architect & Conference Center. Marriott website says "A Marriott Rewards Hotel, also refreshing as a Delta by Marriott"

So sounds like it will be undergoing renovation/rebrand as a Delta.

Website says "As a Marriott Rewards member, you can enjoy your Elite benefits and now earn points or miles for stays at this hotel"

Website says the exec lounge is closed on the weekend. Did you get brekkie in the restaurant? Cont'l or full? Let me know & I'll add the property to the exec lounge sticky w/ an update.

Cheers.
Crazy! I didn't know they were planning on expanding the Delta brand outside of Canada (or at all, really).
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:31 pm

Stayed one night at the Delta Waterloo as a newly minted Plat. Told I got an upgrade, but truly couldn't tell the difference. Nice pool and great service. No lounge. $10 parking. All in all a very nice stay.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:52 pm
alc

Originally Posted by j_the_p
Crazy! I didn't know they were planning on expanding the Delta brand outside of Canada (or at all, really).
The post show Delta @ Chicago & Baltimore:

Master thread for new hotels and divestitures ... -- Post #323
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:10 pm

The Delta Orlando is well located immediately adjacent WDW.

Cheers,
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Last year, Marriott International decided to position the Delta Hotels brand as Marriott's full-service 4-star conversion brand.

A conversion brand allows a hotel owner to reflag a property without adhering to the full standards of a new-build. That doesn't mean low standards, just different standards. For example, if a hotel can keep its existing HVAC system instead of tearing it out and starting over, it can be reflagged at a lower cost.

Hilton has been successful using its DoubleTree brand in the same way. Delta is Marriott's version of DoubleTree.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by Horace
Last year, Marriott International decided to position the Delta Hotels brand as Marriott's full-service 4-star conversion brand.

A conversion brand allows a hotel owner to reflag a property without adhering to the full standards of a new-build. That doesn't mean low standards, just different standards. For example, if a hotel can keep its existing HVAC system instead of tearing it out and starting over, it can be reflagged at a lower cost.

Hilton has been successful using its DoubleTree brand in the same way. Delta is Marriott's version of DoubleTree.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I admit, I was a hardcore Delta fan before Marriott acquired them. Since the acquisition, I've remained loyal to the brand but haven't paid attention to what Marriott was doing with it. I just assumed it would remain as-is.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:52 pm

Anybody have problems with Delta hotels posting points?

Been a week since checkout, but can't submit missing points request for another few days...
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:03 am
alc

Originally Posted by crimsona

Been a week since checkout, but can't submit missing points request for another few days...
My only stay at Delta since the Acquisition in July this year did not post automatically. I submit the missing credits online and also send a scan copy of the paper statement that I got at check-out. Missing credits posted within 48 hours. Then I do need to contact them again for the missing Plat welcome bonus points, which also got posted within another 24 hours.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by crimsona

I've had four different Delta stays in the last couple months and all have posted correctly about 48 hours or so after departure.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.