Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Elite Packet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive Elite
2015 Elite Packet

Several properties in Asia I have stayed the last few years required tge card for 10 to 15 percent off dining at the properties restaurants, I imagine they will be ok with the card on the phone but don't have any experience yet.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
If my mobile card now says Platinum does that mean I am Platinum from Feb 2015-2016. I have been Platinum the last few years but only had 49 nights in 2014.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Sousaphil
What is the purpose of the card?
To stick in the"power on" slot that is present in many European hotels

No packet yet for me this year

(And yes, I did leave my card behind...)
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by jalves
Agree! SPG cards show up in Passbook. I'd love to see Marriott offer that as well. Yes, I know I can just open the Marriott Ap, but I'd rather have everything in one spot incase I need it.
I had not downloaded the SPG app until today and was delighted to see that it uses Passbook. However, as noted in this thread, such is not the case with Marriott.

Are there any predictions on when Marriott will come on board with Passbook since it is so much easier to use than sorting through the Marriott app?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
It's kind of funny how long I spent examining the packet looking for the card before I figured it out. I guess I have contradictory attitudes about it. I get annoyed that I still have to carry my United card, as lounge dragons abroad love to deny entry without the physical card. And yet, somehow it feels cheap that they didn't send me one. I kind of like having it just in case.

The only time I've found the physical card useful was when I was traveling with a friend who did not have status and the reservation was in his name. They were happy to recognize my status from the card and grant it to the reservation. It was in a foreign country where I don't necessarily expect to have data.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Its hard to have a collection of cards if you don't get one. Also, if I want to look back over the years, I can look at how the cards have changed over the years.

I still have my Marriott Club Marquis cards and my CY Club Gold card (had enough nights to have LT CY Gold before they did away with the whole FFI and CY Club rewards programs.) What would I do now if I didn't get card? I'd forget all that.

Basically, other than for nostalgia or ego, there really isn't much need for a physical card any longer.
I have pretty much every loyalty card I've ever received from every program I've ever participated in... hotel, airline, car rental... if they ever become worth anything I'm rich! Lol...
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:14 pm

Physical card was included with Platinum Premier gift package.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
I've never needed the physical card.

But if they aren't going to send a card, why even bother to waste $/trees sending a packet. All of that info is on the website or can be put into an email.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Just got my 2015 packet with a physical lifetime platinum card glued to the inside cover.

No platinum premier gift. Have never received one in the 3 years I've been PP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.