Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT AAirpass, MR Plat Premier, SPG Gld, UA Silver
Platinum Premier 2015

I logged into Marriott.com this afternoon and it looks like they completed the 2015 update and I made Platinum Premier with 152 nights (104 + CC + RE + Rollover). I'm excited to start receiving the (cough, cough) great benefits of Platinum Premier.

I was surprised to see in my 2015 summary that my 2014 rollover nights is currently 0. Does anyone know the threshold used for rollover nights for PP? I expected they would have used the platinum level of 75, and I would have ~50 rollover for 2015 (removing those 2013 rollover), but it looks like they're not giving me any help in requalifying for 2015.

Last edited by jasonw3; Jan 11, 2015 at 1:13 pm
Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jasonw3
I logged into Marriott.com this afternoon and it looks like they completed the 2015 update and I made Platinum Premier with 152 nights (104 + CC + RE + Rollover). I'm excited to start receiving the (cough, cough) great benefits of Platinum Premier once I figure out what they actually are.

I was surprised to see in my 2015 summary that my 2014 rollover nights is currently 0. Does anyone know the threshold used for rollover nights for PP? I expected they would have used the platinum level of 75, and I would have 77 rollover for 2015. It looks like they're not giving me any help in requalifying for 2015.
Rollover nights are calculated based upon your status as of the end of the year. So if you were Plat at the end of 2014 then your threshold required is 75 nights (and this applies to PP too even if granted in 2014). Keep in mind rollover nights do not roll over a second time. So your numbers need to deduct the rollover nights that were given in 2014. MR may still be crunching the numbers so give them some time to settle out. IF they take more than 75 nights, call them on it. They tried this the year I made PP and had to correct my account.

From my experience and other posts, PP is pretty much at the discretion of MR and there are no hard and fast rules to earn it. Speculation is they deem you to me in the top 3% of MR members. If you read the Plat Premier threads you will see that benefits are not much more that what Plat gets. If you're lucky a property may opt to give a better upgrade, but don't expect it.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
I show 0 rollover in my statement too. Probably due to the current recalculation period. I would expect the rollover nights to update in a few days or weeks.

Now we can speculate what the 2015 PP gift will be.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My guess is nothing.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My guess is nothing.
I not sure I agree. I logged in early this AM and still showed 200+ night and then I saw this tread logged in and I am back to 57 nights rollover and PP again for this year.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:56 pm

I got Plaitum Premier status as well. Had 230 nights last year and am already at 102 with my rollover. I have earned lifetime Platinum with Marriott and had intended on working on SPG for 2015 and 2016 to see if I could get moving towards lifetime status with them. Is there anything to Platinum Premier that should cause me to change strategy? I sure can't find anything significant on flyertalk...
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by Father-of-3
Is there anything to Platinum Premier that should cause me to change strategy? I sure can't find anything significant on flyertalk...
The only thing I have seen is that I get upgrades outside of the USA more and the PP line seems to work harder to solve problems and get room availability.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by Father-of-3
I got Plaitum Premier status as well. Had 230 nights last year and am already at 102 with my rollover. I have earned lifetime Platinum with Marriott and had intended on working on SPG for 2015 and 2016 to see if I could get moving towards lifetime status with them. Is there anything to Platinum Premier that should cause me to change strategy? I sure can't find anything significant on flyertalk...
Based on my experience, there is not.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
I logged into Marriott.com this afternoon and it looks like they completed the 2015 update and I made Platinum Premier with 152 nights (104 + CC + RE + Rollover). I'm excited to start receiving the (cough, cough) great benefits of Platinum Premier.

I was surprised to see in my 2015 summary that my 2014 rollover nights is currently 0. Does anyone know the threshold used for rollover nights for PP? I expected they would have used the platinum level of 75, and I would have ~50 rollover for 2015 (removing those 2013 rollover), but it looks like they're not giving me any help in requalifying for 2015.
Man you are lucky, I ended 2014 with 164 nights and didn't get platinum premier. Lol. Oh well
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1 Million Miles, Marriott Plat Premier and LT Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Ended 2014 with 358 nights (of which 215 were PAID nights) and am PP once again for the 7th straight year. No additional benefits from Plat.

LT Plat as well.

A simple cocktail with Bill or Arnie would be nice
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Well much to my surprise, I made Platinum Premier this year. I am already LT Platinum. Was Platinum Premier for 1 or 2 years a number of years ago. My business travel is down compared to those other years I was PP. This year I had about 54 nights stayed and approx. another 50 from the credit card. Last go around, I noticed I got more suite upgrades without asking. Other than that, there wasn't much difference between Platinum Premier vs. Platinum. Still nice to have....

--Jon
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT AAirpass, MR Plat Premier, SPG Gld, UA Silver
Rollover has been updated

I was surprised to see in my 2015 summary that my 2014 rollover nights is currently 0.
Looks like it was just a time delay. Rollover nights finally showed up.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Made PP first time this year with approx 140 nights that includes around 25 rollover nights.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Can we use this for Platinum too? Was pleasantly surprised, but kept Platinum with 39 nights last year. =)

Although 7 nights already this year from new stays that did not post yet.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:58 am

Can anyone logically explain why PP get no added benefits? I can't understand the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.