Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by alrvd83
Did you ever ask for an upgrade?

Many people in this forum expect to just receive one. You must ALWAYS ask at the front desk or even in the virtual concierge ahead of your stay.
I've only asked twice in the past year, and received the UG both times, but am getting suites more often than not at full service properties. (see Post #22) You can ask if you want, but hotels are giving them out without asking. Maybe not to you, but many of us get suites without asking. Most of my stays are one or two nights, which likely makes UGs more plentiful.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
I did not read that in the Platinum guide as a benefit to where I walk into a Marriott at 5am after a redeye and ask for an upgrade. Heck anyone can ask for an upgrade. Yes, I have asked a few times over the years and always the usual response, your on the Concierge Floor. So embarrassing.
You'll very, very rarely get an upgrade unless you ask at the desk or in advance although all the marketing literature clearly says "you'll be automatically upgraded" . What the Corporation promises, the franchisee grudgingly delivers, if at all.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:48 pm

Platinum Premier 2015

I favorite upgrade is the 'a concierge floor' which is NOT the one the lounge is on. I think the sign at the elevator lobby on the floor was just a printer piece of paper in a 99cent frame.

That being said, I prefer to not actually be on the floor of the lounge as there often seem to be morons who like to have loud conversations on their phones in the hallway outside the lounge at 6 am.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:29 am
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by CJKatl
We are talking two different things: MR points credited for both rooms versus getting a distinct credited night for each room.

Let me get this straight...

You had two rooms for one night under the same billing for the same night and were given credit for two nights stayed? Not just the MR points?

I had a stay at the Orlando Airport FS for the night of 12/22, two rooms, one bill and was only credited for one night's stay. I got MR points for both rooms, but only credited for one night. (Not that it matters. I had 171 nights for the year and am already LTP, and, FWIW, even at our $99/night rate, the hotel UGd us to a huge two room suite and the second room was a connecting room.)
I have gotten the credit for the nights, and the stays.

I can say that they have had me hand them my credit card for each room. When I bring people to Chicago for meetings we have a negotiated rate, I book the room with our Corporate Rate Code on Marriott's website, and I select multiple rooms at the time of booking. They do check me into the rooms one at a time, so that may be the trigger that has gotten me Mega Bonus credits.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by mspreh
They do check me into the rooms one at a time, so that may be the trigger that has gotten me Mega Bonus credits.
This is consistent with what I usually do, too. I book two rooms, but our accounting department prefers the name of the individual guest on the individual room bill. I check into one room as CJKatl and the other person checks into his room under the co-traveler's name, but with my CC, MR# and email address attached to the room. I get two folios via email. In this scenario, two separate nights are credited. It's never been the difference between getting a MegaBonus and I'm well past the nights needed to LTP, so there really isn't any pro or con to this, it just is.

In December, I was traveling with family. I paid for the first night in Orlando, and we were staying the rest of the time in a home belonging to their family member in SE FL. There was a single folio covering both rooms, so I only got credit for one night, which happened to be my 25th night for the MegaBonus, so it didn't matter. (Originally, I was going to use points, but the room rate was <$100/room/night, so I just paid for both rooms out of pocket.)
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Father-of-3
That being said, I prefer to not actually be on the floor of the lounge as there often seem to be morons who like to have loud conversations on their phones in the hallway outside the lounge at 6 am.
Once, at the Center City PHL FS, I was directly below the CL, which was worse. The door slamming closed noise was non-stop all morning from six on and all night until eleven.

There are likely other hotels that do this, but the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells has a quiet floor where grown-up guests know not to talk in the hall. There is a sign hanging from the ceiling reminding you of the rules when you enter that wing.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by CJKatl
You had two rooms for one night under the same billing for the same night and were given credit for two nights stayed? Not just the MR points?
Huh. I have to say that since I don't track nights (just points, as that's always given and what really counts for me) and it's been a couple of years, that I honestly don't know.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Baze
Quote:

Originally Posted by iztok

If someone has a hotel base then has some side trips, you can do that I suppose. Then there are meeting stays at 10 nights ...

Didn't think you could get credit for 2 hotels on the same night. Meeting stays makes sense.
I have gotten credit for 2 stsys on the same date. I was staying at a Marriott in NJfor work on a four week reservation and my wife came to visit for a week. We decided to go spend two nights in Manhattan one weekend. Trying to explain two nights missing on the expense report was more effort then it was worth, so I just kept the room in NJ. I got credit for 4 nights although we did pay for the nights in Manhattan out of our own pocket.this was also in 2012.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Only need to do it once...

Originally Posted by fkatzRTW
I have gotten credit for 2 stsys on the same date. I was staying at a Marriott in NJfor work on a four week reservation and my wife came to visit for a week. We decided to go spend two nights in Manhattan one weekend. Trying to explain two nights missing on the expense report was more effort then it was worth, so I just kept the room in NJ. I got credit for 4 nights although we did pay for the nights in Manhattan out of our own pocket.this was also in 2012.
I did a road trip with a fellow worker that was a good friend and we shared a room. Accounting noted the missing room charges on my expense report. I replied, "if you spend enough time in the hotel bar, you don't always need your own room." No more question on ANY expense reports!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I did a road trip with a fellow worker that was a good friend and we shared a room. Accounting noted the missing room charges on my expense report. I replied, "if you spend enough time in the hotel bar, you don't always need your own room." No more question on ANY expense reports!
That's simply awesome.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: Marriott-Lifetime Platinum, US-P, DL-M, AA, VG
Smile MRW PP

As of OCT 06, 2016 I have 369 nights (158 stayed,172 -2015 rollover, 39 Rewards Credit Card nights). As for Platinum Premier, yes it is said to be the top 3% of all members. I have been PP for the past 4 years (and Marriott Lifetime Platinum for the past 11 years). As SPG has now been merged, I was told they are going to trans ALL SPG points at 3 to 1 and that Marriott Platinum Premier status is now going to be tightened to the top 1.5% of all members. (not sure how accurate that "rumor" is.) I do know that when I linked my SPG account to Marriott Rewards, I instantly was given SPG Platinum Status which was cool of them. I guess since Marriott now owns it, they are going to insure we rake in the benefits now at their new places. GOOD idea as far I'm concerned! As far as PP benefits, I have been upgraded to Suites and thats about it really.
Keep earning!
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by G4pilot
As of OCT 06, 2016 I have 369 nights (158 stayed,172 -2015 rollover, 39 Rewards Credit Card nights). As for Platinum Premier, yes it is said to be the top 3% of all members. I have been PP for the past 4 years (and Marriott Lifetime Platinum for the past 11 years). As SPG has now been merged, I was told they are going to trans ALL SPG points at 3 to 1 and that Marriott Platinum Premier status is now going to be tightened to the top 1.5% of all members. (not sure how accurate that "rumor" is.) I do know that when I linked my SPG account to Marriott Rewards, I instantly was given SPG Platinum Status which was cool of them. I guess since Marriott now owns it, they are going to insure we rake in the benefits now at their new places. GOOD idea as far I'm concerned! As far as PP benefits, I have been upgraded to Suites and thats about it really.
Keep earning!
At least someone is getting benefits. I'm lifetime platinum and currently platinum premier as well. Most hotels dont even acknowledge that.

Additionally, all those SPG 50 night platinums are also Marriott platinums now. Your Marriott 75 night platinum didn't translate to 75 night SPG platinum status (mini tier within platinum). And our platinum match didn't even come with the normal SNAs (suite night awards) that all SPG folks rave about.

But that Marriott rewards keychain makes it all worth it ...
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by G4pilot
Keep earning!
Just to be clear, they are currently allowing YOU to transfer SPG points at 3:1. I haven't seen anything saying that will be the rate used once SPG is closed down. Everyday with any loyalty program is just one more day than the day before. Anything can happen tomorrow. If you feel the 3:1 rate is the best you can get, go for it now, do not wait until they decide to change things, as they have every right to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.