Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
From posts in the thread:

* Parking fee not waived - no public parking anywhere near the hotel
* Gym is free but you have to pay for the spa
* You do have to reserve the shuttle back to CPH ( from reception).
* Shuttle from airport leaves on the 20s/50s; from the hotel it leaves on the 30s/60s. Takes 15-20 minutes

* 5 minute walk to metro; metro to downtown is 10 minutes
* the airport shuttle is no longer offered. The public transport option is to take a train towards Copenhagen that stops at Řrestad station (second stop). Be aware they don't all stop there. And then change to the metro for two stops. The longer option is to take the metro from the airport to Christianshavn, and then change to the opposite platform to towards Vest Amager, and get off at Bella Center.

Category 6.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ky-copenhagen/
Print Wikipost

AC Bella Sky Copenhagen Denmark [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I stayed here one night ( 8th Sept) after coming in from LAX via LHR.

Arriving at CPH at 2230 I took a taxi ( 130 Dkr)

Check in was quick. I was given room 1151 in Tower 2. From the lobby you had to take the lift up 1 floor, cross the hall to the tower 2 elevator lobby and then key in your floor to the keypad and go to the allocated lift.

My room was at the corner of the building with 2 windows ( curtains did not close completely in the corners so it does let some light in early in the morning.

The do not disturb sign is a red light ( activated by a button in the room just beside the door.

There was a couple of glass window between the bathroom and bedroom but most of it is opaque.

Bed was comfortable and you can set a wake up call on the tv.

Gym is free but you have to pay extra for the spa.

In the morning I looked out my window and saw a giant wind turbine in the nearby car park ( no noise heard)

Breakfast was 185 DKr and is served in the BM room on the first floor. Good breakfast selection with an automated fruit juice dispenser in the wall ( breakfast was quite busy)

You do have to reserve the shuttle back to CPH ( from reception). It stopped at the Crowne Plaza enroute to CPH and took about 15mins to get to the airport.

Overall an ok overnight stay

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat
My colleague and I stayed here for 4 nights.

Parking is 80kr a day and they are insistent they cannot wave it for any reason... there is zero public parking any where near the hotel...

Corner room on the 19th floor was a decent size.

I didn't even try to close the curtains, it was irrelevant considering the sun isn't rising until 9am these days.

Bed is ok... it's basically a 4'' or so mattress pad on a boxspring type thing... not really a proper mattress, but was comfortable enough.

I also had a view of the turbine, but no noise could be heard... The windows are obviously very efficient, with the noise reduction and didn't let in much cold even though they were severely icing up.

Breakfast was free for plats... I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the breakfast. Very cool cheese slicer.

Now that I have covered those bases... I have to talk about my problems. Don't mean to be whiny, and some may consider this to be petty, but I was upset with the hotel's lack of privacy regarding my reservation.
Before I begin I will say that I have a verbal password on my MR account for phone support to prevent anyone not authorized from checking my history or future reservations.

I made a reservation for 2 rooms planning on family meeting me while in Denmark. Later on an agent on behalf of my employer made a reservation for my room... when they did they were informed that I had a previous reservation, in turn they told my employer that I had booked other rooms. I was not too happy when I get an email from my office asking why I have booked other rooms. I don't feel like I should have a reason to want to protect my privacy, so I won't go into reasons I would rather keep my personal reservations private.

I called the hotel and was transferred to the woman who had given out my reservation details to what I feel amounted to as a stranger. She said that the hotel had a relationship with this agent and she was just trying to be helpful so that I am not double charged. While I appreciate she initially had good intentions she was relentless in her denial that she had done anything wrong. I was not looking for anyone to get in trouble, maybe just an apology and a promise to keep my personal records private in the future. After putting me on hold for a few minutes and speaking to her manager she came back with an apology, obviously at the direction of her supervisor.

When I called MR hotline for guidance on how I could further safeguard my account from unauthorized releases of my details I was told that there was nothing else I could do. The only suggestion I got was to make reservations under a different name... but that seems to defeat the purpose of maintaining platinum status and the protections that it affords.

Upon arrival to my room there was a note saying the case had been elevated to management... No further effort was made to contact me during my 4 days.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
It's really nothing - have tried this before in other hotels and it doesn't bother me.

What really freaks me out is that a CY FD Supervisor can see where I have stayed and where I'm going to be staying. I found out by having a casual holiday greetings and then he asked where I went during the holidays and he said he saw that I was staying in XX hotel in XXX. I was surprised and I said to him that you probably know that my next trip is in 2 weeks time and I'll be going to xxx and stay at xxx hotel.

Don't ever consider living in Sweden if you are so afraid of privacy, e.g.:

- if you have a car and bring it to a garage, they can look up when the car has been serviced (it doesn't have to be the same garage - somehow the system is connected);

- you can get an insurance quote by giving them your personal number (social security number), they can dig out enough to give you a quote;

- your personal information including everyone in your household (including your children) will be on yellow page here - including date of birth, telephone number, address and possibly which car you have (and potentially the licence plate number) - this is the information sold by the Swedish government to companies to get $, removing it is difficult and you need to find out all the companies that have the information and contact them one by one to get your info deleted.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

deleted...

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jan 19, 2016 at 10:55 am
Old May 9, 2016, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG RA, Globalist, ALL Diamond
I've just booked an overnight here. I see they are now charging for the shuttle: it was free last year.

Confusing, the reservation mail (and web link) both mention 2 euros each way - I make that about 15 Danish Kr

"Airport Shuttle between 6:00 - 23:00 with onboard WiFi
Use our shuttle service to and from Copenhagen Airport. 2€ each way"

http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsite...sremarsha=MR~G
Old May 9, 2016, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by EmeraldLady
I've just booked an overnight here. I see they are now charging for the shuttle: it was free last year.

Confusing, the reservation mail (and web link) both mention 2 euros each way - I make that about 15 Danish Kr

"Airport Shuttle between 6:00 - 23:00 with onboard WiFi
Use our shuttle service to and from Copenhagen Airport. 2€ each way"

http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsite...sremarsha=MR~G
No, it is free, I know it is confusing but it is free, I was there last month. When you take it from the airport it stops outside terminal 2. It also drops off only outside terminal 2 (terminal 3 is a two-minute walk). When you take it from the hotel you need to reserve it when you check in because it may fill up for the time you want it, it fills up fast.
Old May 9, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG RA, Globalist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nk15
No, it is free, I know it is confusing but it is free, I was there last month. When you take it from the airport it stops outside terminal 2. It also drops off only outside terminal 2 (terminal 3 is a two-minute walk). When you take it from the hotel you need to reserve it when you check in because it may fill up for the time you want it, it fills up fast.
Now I definitely am confused ... I was referring to the fact the charge was in euros in a non-euro country.

So in fact, they say there will be a charge but obviously, not just yet.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by EmeraldLady
Now I definitely am confused ... I was referring to the fact the charge was in euros in a non-euro country.

So in fact, they say there will be a charge but obviously, not just yet.
They obviously put the 2 euro for your convenience, I am sure they will take either currency, if/when they implement this, but as of last month was still free. I think I saw the charge in DKK somewhere online and went and got DKK out of the ATM just for this, and then it was not needed, so now I am stuck with a bunch of DKK, which I will plan to use on my next trip there, whenever it is, even if it is in 5 years. I am not going to do a double conversion and get robbed again with the commissions/fees, sheesh...I was pretty pissed...
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I have two stays at this hotel later this month. One is a layover on my way to Tronheim and the other a two night stay to spend one day in CPH before returning to the USA.

So as gold, I will get a free breakfast and wifi but no other food since there is no lounge?

BTW, I got an email response telling me the airport shuttle is 15DKK.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:21 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by Xeno
I have two stays at this hotel later this month. One is a layover on my way to Tronheim and the other a two night stay to spend one day in CPH before returning to the USA.

So as gold, I will get a free breakfast and wifi but no other food since there is no lounge?

BTW, I got an email response telling me the airport shuttle is 15DKK.
I haven't stayed there for about 9 months, but back then there was no lounge. Breakfast will be free but that's all.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by nobbyclark
I haven't stayed there for about 9 months, but back then there was no lounge. Breakfast will be free but that's all.
Disappointing, but good to know my options.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:58 am
Original Poster

The wiki says free breakfast is for Plats; doesn't mention Gold. So free wifi & possible upgrade may be all you get. ACs don't usually have lounges & are not listed in the free breakfast or points brands.

Cheers.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The wiki says free breakfast is for Plats; doesn't mention Gold. So free wifi & possible upgrade may be all you get. ACs don't usually have lounges & are not listed in the free breakfast or points brands.

Cheers.
I saw that in the Wiki so is that ACs in general or this hotel in particular? This year, I have gotten breakfast at all my hotel stays but those were mainly Marriotts like the one at the Rome airport.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

I saw that in the Wiki so is that ACs in general or this hotel in particular? This year, I have gotten breakfast at all my hotel stays but those were mainly Marriotts like the one at the Rome airport.
The AC brand is not required to provide breakfast at all. Some will provide it to Plats as a courtesy for high-level status. Just like some CYs (a few in Munich) will provide it to Plats as a courtesy for high-level status. But that's a courtesy & not required by the brand.

The only brands that are required to provide breakfast (or points if breakfast is declined) are Marriott, Autograph Collection (not to be confused w/ AC), Renaissance & JW Marriott.

Since your stays were at Marriott (including the Rome one) you would be entitled to breakfast as a Gold member. However, at this AC property in Copenhagen you would not be entitled to breakfast due to it not being included as a brand standard. And because it appears the property only offers it to Plats (high tier).

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.