Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trekwars2000
Spring MegaBonus 2015 Options:
  • Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay that includes a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday — up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 8 stays over weekend day)
  • Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 9 stays)
  • Earn 2,500 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points (maxes out after 11 stays)
  • Earn 2,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 13 stays)
  • Earn 10,000 points after 10 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 17 nights)
  • Earn 25,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 15,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 25,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
  • Earn 35,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points (maxes out after 30 nights)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Megabonus 2/1/15-4/30/15

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dank0014
Yes, great, a whole two posts on a board that has how many members?? I was asking have OTHERS had any luck. Two people don't represent the entire Marriott base, so I was trying to get a sense if others were having any luck
Well, first, you did not say OTHERS and second, if people are reporting that they had success in switching promotions, then the above gives you the idea that they have.

Originally Posted by dank0014
Has anyone had any luck in contacting Marriott and seeing if they will switch their promo?

I think it's a bit weird that some of us who commented that we can easily past the 30 nights on the 55k promo, yet they are assigning us the lower amount (maybe because they are being cheap).

I'm happy with the points as in the end this is considered an "addition" to my normal stays, but if you run a promo, Marriott should know FT exists and that all of us talk / share and may backlash on them.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to encourage someone who has read that others have had such success for someone to then try calling Marriott Rewards to see if they can match it, rather than just sitting around and asking an inane question that is not even qualified.

But, I guess you are the exception and you certainly are no rocket scientist.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Be careful what you wish for. You could get Hilton's "variety" which is going between double base points (blah) and a small number of bonus points per stay (blah). Marriott's consistent 50k for 25 nights (as the top or second-from-top offer) is much better IMHO, and I don't mind at all it being consistent, especially since maxing it out helps me get to lifetime status much quicker on my inexpensive stays.

Oh, then there's IHG to look for why you don't want them to be creative. Stay 8 nights in a 4-month period, and the promo the next period will demand you stay 20 nights. Stay 20 nights with in a 4-month period, and the promo the next period will demand you stay 45 nights. Do you really want them to be so creative that they create unattainable bonuses and no choice of bonuses? (At IHG, you can only do what they targeted for you, no other choices. At Marriott, if your targeted promo doesn't fit your needs, you can usually switch to one that fits better. ^)
I agree. I stopped staying at IHG because of the ridiculous requirements - the more you stay, they higher the requirements. Hilton has so many properties opting out, it is not funny.

Marriott is consistent - boring and consistent like many of us That is not a bad thing. I made lifetime Platinum so will probably only come to Marriott when there are promotions.

Thanks for letting us know so early.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:36 pm

Lifetime Plat, 230 nights in 2014, will be Plat in 2015 just with my rollover nights. Was given 25,000 after 20 nights and 2,000 per after for 35,000 max at 25 nights.

I think I'm already booked for 25 nights so I will be calling in asking for the bigger promotion. I wonder if already having so much reserved somehow pushes me to a lower bonus since they know they are getting the nights??
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
My promo showed up online 24 hours after I called MR asking why I did not show a promo.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Father-of-3
Lifetime Plat, 230 nights in 2014, will be Plat in 2015 just with my rollover nights. Was given 25,000 after 20 nights and 2,000 per after for 35,000 max at 25 nights.

I think I'm already booked for 25 nights so I will be calling in asking for the bigger promotion. I wonder if already having so much reserved somehow pushes me to a lower bonus since they know they are getting the nights??
I'm at 190 nights, have maxed out every promo so far this year, and got the same offer as you.

I've never had an issue with switching promos in years past, but if they give me some pushback I can focus this quarter on Hyatt and Starwood. Still doubt I'll be PP this year, not that that would get me anything. Also waiting to see if the DL travel package redemption remains as it is.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Best response ever (read carefully) after contacting MR about no bonus:

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding the 2015 Spring MegaBonus Promotion. You are currently a Platinum Elite member. Thank you for your valued loyalty and continued patronage.

Your account has been enrolled in the 2015 Spring MegaBonus Promotion. Earning dates are from February 1, 2015, to April 30, 2015. You will receive 35,000 points after 20 paid nights then earn 2,000 points for every additional paid night with a maximum of 35,000 points. You may track your progress through our website at MarriottRewards.com.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Best response ever (read carefully) after contacting MR about no bonus:

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding the 2015 Spring MegaBonus Promotion. You are currently a Platinum Elite member. Thank you for your valued loyalty and continued patronage.

Your account has been enrolled in the 2015 Spring MegaBonus Promotion. Earning dates are from February 1, 2015, to April 30, 2015. You will receive 35,000 points after 20 paid nights then earn 2,000 points for every additional paid night with a maximum of 35,000 points. You may track your progress through our website at MarriottRewards.com.
*head, desk*
Old Dec 23, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Well, I'm pretty disappointed. I'm registered for 25,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 35,000, when this year I stayed over 200 nights at a Marriott...

I know I can call and change it, but it's annoying how they screw good customers that way.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
My offered MegaBonus is the Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday offer. I hate how they are trying to socially engineer me to weekend stays. I get that kind of thing from IHG in their big promos every time as well. I rarely stay weekends.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP/Current Titanium
Some prefer certs, some prefer points (and, depending on individual circumstances, preferences could shift back and forth). If what motivates us may make us book more, I'd like to propose we get a choice. Heck, what about a combination of certs + points if the acceptable thresholds are met?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I prefer the points, as I will easily reach 750 nights, but the 2 million points I need for Lifetime Platinum will be much harder. That's why I am happy with the 55,000 point option they gave me.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Still no offer for me. **shrug** I realize I could call Marriott but I'm curious to see which offer I'm destined for before interfering.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by plagwate
Still no offer for me. **shrug** I realize I could call Marriott but I'm curious to see which offer I'm destined for before interfering.
Same for me, still no offer.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by plagwate
If they choose an offer you, and you don't like it, you can switch, but then it has to be tracked manually, both by you and by them. (The computer continues to track just the initial offer that was given you.)

If you call before you get an auto-assigned offer, doesn't the offer you choose get tracked automatically?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Frequent Freak
Same here, Gold status.

For those of you leaving Marriott over this, thank you for making the lounges that much less crowded. The economy is as far back as it needs to be for MI; they don't need to hand out certs like they used to. Deal with it.
You're welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.