Search

Fairfield Inn 100% Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Fairfield Inn 100% Guarantee

Saw this on Marriott's website, but what really does it mean? Don't see any penalties or bennies. Shouldn't all properties try to 'make it right'?

http://news.marriott.com/2014/09/pea...nn-suites.html

"Life on the road can throw travelers unexpected surprises. While travel should always have an element of adventure, a guarantee that one aspect of a trip will always go right offers invaluable peace of mind. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott introduces today its promise to always make it right for guests with the new Fairfield 100% GuaranteeSM."

“Both business and leisure guests juggle a lot when they travel. We guarantee that we will do everything we can to make their stay as enjoyable as possible,” says Shruti Buckley, vice president and global brand manager for Fairfield Inn & Suites. “Our guests are our number one priority. We promise they will be satisfied during their stay or we’ll make it right. That is our commitment.”

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: DL: PM, MR: Plat, AMEX Plat
So...we're getting what we paid for? I'm confused by the message they're sending. I expect a clean, quiet room. I expect everything in the room to be in good repair.

I'm a marketer and even my head is spinning by their ability to say nothing substantive.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:37 am

Don't get this, is this something new?!?! I thought there was always the case here. I wonder if they are trying to compete with what Hampton has done for a very long time with their 100% guarantee and that guests want that "label" and think that Fairfield wasn't being competitive there?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dank0014
Don't get this, is this something new?!?! I thought there was always the case here. I wonder if they are trying to compete with what Hampton has done for a very long time with their 100% guarantee and that guests want that "label" and think that Fairfield wasn't being competitive there?
The Hampton Inn Guarantee is the first thing that popped into my mind when I read this.

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:51 am

Fairfield Inn Info Page

You’re Our #1 Priority.
We promise you’ll be satisfied or our friendly, helpful associates will make it right. That’s our commitment to you.*

*If an issue arises, promptly alert the General Manager or a Front Desk associate so they can resolve it. Hotel associates will make every effort to resolve the problem to the guest’s satisfaction. If compensation is granted, it will be limited to the price of one night’s stay or Marriott Rewards® points for a future stay.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by animalj7
Fairfield Inn Info Page

You’re Our #1 Priority.
We promise you’ll be satisfied or our friendly, helpful associates will make it right. That’s our commitment to you.*

*If an issue arises, promptly alert the General Manager or a Front Desk associate so they can resolve it. Hotel associates will make every effort to resolve the problem to the guest’s satisfaction. If compensation is granted, it will be limited to the price of one night’s stay or Marriott Rewards® points for a future stay.
Thanks - missed the asterisk part which was at the bottom of the page. So basically they're matching Hampton Inn. Wonder why they waited so long.

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
It includes empowering associates to do what it takes to make it right. See the related YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVGaUB1dTcA

Regards,

RIP...
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OU812
It includes empowering associates to do what it takes to make it right. See the related YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVGaUB1dTcA

Regards,

RIP...
Wait, Fairfield employees weren't empowered to make a problem right before?

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Wait, Fairfield employees weren't empowered to make a problem right before?

Cheers.
I'm surprised by that too. Why limit your associates to do what they need to do to make it right, within reason.

I don't stay at Fairfield often (actually can only recall once in the past 2 years), but to me, this would seem like a perceived value benefit for those travelers not on the road a lot and having assurance for electing the brand over a competitor who advertises it. That would make sense to me, but why it took them so long to do this is what gets me.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Agree it sounds like Hampton.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The Hampton Inn Guarantee is the first thing that popped into my mind when I read this.
Same here. If FI is going to copy things that Hampton does, they should also have reserved parking spots for Plats by the front entrance and those little reading table thingies for the bed.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Shouldn't this be the deal at every hotel and every brand? Isn't it implied? So if you wake up to no hot water at a FI and moan enough about it, they'll comp the entire night? But if it happens at a FS, too bad? (it did happen to me once at a Houston FS but I just left shivering...)
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Stayed in a Fairfield last night. Big sign inside the elevator door touting this policy. It said "see your key packet for details". I got the standard Marriott elite gray key packet, which contained zero details. We were within a few hundred yards of a Hampton Inn, and my thoughts were similar.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Fairfield %100 Gurantee - Exactly what is it?

I have seen lots of signage at properties and references to the Fairfield %100 Guarantee; however, nothing about what it actually encompasses. The write ups all refer you to talk to a Front Desk Associate about the guarantee. I haven't had the chance to do so yet. So what does this guarantee include? Is it supposed to be like the Hampton %100 Satisfaction Guarantee? The lack of transparency in describing The Fairfield Guarantee, makes me think is probably much less than the Hampton Guarantee. Otherwise, why make it so hard to find out what it actually includes? Anyway, inquiring minds want to know, what does the guarantee actually include/mean?

Thanks,

Jon
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:37 pm

This seems to be it: http://fairfield.marriott.com/guarantee.php. Not much of an guarantee!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.