Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
to add to the +BF situation ... I must confess it can be a mess. Booked the RC in Vienna for my uncle w/ BF and they flat out refused at check-in. I got on the phone and explained it to them but they quoted 'breakfast is listed under 'not guaranteed' and thus we don't provide it'.
Anyway, had to call Marriott corporate in SLC today who did not know what to do either and finally transfer me to LNF where someone called the hotel and sorted things out.
That's a mess.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I recently have been receiving some hassle when checking in on a LNF rate. All my recent LNF claims included breakfast. But when I checked in, the hotel could only see the rate as room only, and I had to spend time explaining / insisting that the hotel's record was incorrect. Fortunately I would bring along a printout of my reservation from the Marriott website and that would put a stop to the dispute. But really, such experiences were rather awkward at reception and something I could have done without.
Same here. I have this same problem of having breakfast included in the LNF claims multiple times in Mariott, Renaissance and Courtyards hotels here in Asia. Luckily, on all these occasions, I happen to know the Manager / Director of room / Front Desk and they managed to waive off the breakfast charges.

Occasionally, I had to show them the printout of my rate which included breakfast.

I told them to feedback this problem to HQ Marriott. It's either their IT system fault or the LNF team who did not include breakfast into the revised rate.

Originally Posted by cfischer
LNF w/ breakfast has always been a problem. It is SOP to bring the printout of the reservation (where it is noted) as well as the LNF Email.
So far I have not seen any issues at the front desk to get it adjusted.
Very True
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:22 am

I got on the phone and explained it to them but they quoted 'breakfast is listed under 'not guaranteed' and thus we don't provide it'.
That's terrible. And how very untrue. Marriott LNF really needs to get their act together in at least educating these wayward hotels.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
to add to the +BF situation ... I must confess it can be a mess. Booked the RC in Vienna for my uncle w/ BF and they flat out refused at check-in. I got on the phone and explained it to them but they quoted 'breakfast is listed under 'not guaranteed' and thus we don't provide it'.
Anyway, had to call Marriott corporate in SLC today who did not know what to do either and finally transfer me to LNF where someone called the hotel and sorted things out.
That's a mess.
I'm confused as to who advised you that 'bfst is listed under not guaranteed'. Whomever that was needs to sent for remedial training.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:52 pm

wrong thread

Last edited by rts62001; Jul 21, 2015 at 12:58 pm Reason: incorrect thread
Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I'm confused as to who advised you that 'bfst is listed under not guaranteed'. Whomever that was needs to sent for remedial training.
actually, that's how the last 10/10 of my LNF claims w/ BF have come out? How else have you seen it annotated if I may ask? Not sure who needs re-training here, but it's not the person who approved the claim in the first place.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:20 am

actually, that's how the last 10/10 of my LNF claims w/ BF have come out? How else have you seen it annotated if I may ask? Not sure who needs re-training here, but it's not the person who approved the claim in the first place.
After I got my LNF approved, I too noticed on my reservation that it stated breakfast not quarrented. That's what prompted my phone call to make sure I would have no problems when checking in which I didn't.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
After I got my LNF approved, I too noticed on my reservation that it stated breakfast not quarrented. That's what prompted my phone call to make sure I would have no problems when checking in which I didn't.
Really? All my emails back from the LNF say "including breakfast" and my Marriott reservations were not changed to say "breakfast not guaranteed".
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really? All my emails back from the LNF say "including breakfast" and my Marriott reservations were not changed to say "breakfast not guaranteed".
w/o it being annotated in the booking itself you can run into much more issues. The note has definitely helped before and yes, it is very common.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:37 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Ummm...have you been to the AC properties in Europe yet?

I had a 10ish minute back and forth with the FDM about the breakfast (I had 2 Nespresso and an orange juice) and they assured me they were correct. I showed the LNF confirmation email and he replied "of course, but with breakfast the rate goes back to the original higher rate". I pushed back and suggested that I forward him the email to check with his Marriott contacts and:

Dear Mr. PW,
I would like to inform you that everything is cleared
Marriott confirmed the breakfast included, apologize for inconveniences.
We hope to see you soon and provide you an stay without incidents.
Best regards,

(name withheld)| Front Desk Manager | AC Hotel (property withheld)| Madrid, Spain

Now I am of 2 minds on this incident. Firstly, I give kudos to the FDM for replying in a timely manner with a sincere apology, however, it never should have happened in the first place.
Exactly! You expect any Marriott hotel to be fully apprised of their own LNF policy - that breakfast inclusive rates may be approved under LNF. And even if they were ignorant, they should have gotten the reservation corrected at check-in after I had shown them the LNF printout.

At The Glasshouse Edinburgh, I had the further hassle at breakfast... where after all my family and I were seated, the restaurant waitress asked if it would be OK for whatever we ordered to be charged to the room. I said no firmly and reiterated that my room rate had included BF, and I had informed reception at check in. She called reception and reception presumably checked the (uncorrected) hotel reservation system, and told her (incorrectly) that my reservation didn't include BF. When she informed me of that, I was livid and demanded to see the duty manager immediately. We had to wait for the duty manager to come down to the restaurant to verify that I was telling the truth before we were allowed to order anything. Anticipating that 'proof' was needed yet again, I had to trudge back to my room to retrieve my LNF printout. And after that my family and I sat for a full 15 minutes or so in awkward silence until the duty manager arrived. While he did quickly sort it out by asking the waitress to charge all our BFs as complimentary, it still left a somewhat unpleasant start to the morning...
I had a similar experience recently at the Boscolo Budapest (again an Autograph Collection hotel in Europe) on a LNF rate with breakfast included. On entering the dining room for breakfast, the member of staff said that breakfast wasn't included, so I asked her to check again whilst I had breakfast. When I was leaving the restaurant, the same member of staff came up to me, presented me with a bill, insisting that breakfast wasn't included, and telling me to pay for it on the spot. I refused, asked her to check again and, in any case, add any charges to my room bill.

At check-out, the front desk manager was aware of the breakfast issue and told me not to worry as breakfast would be given 'on the house'.

I was grateful not to be charged for breakfast on check-out, but really I should not have been pestered on entering and leaving the restaurant. Marriott really needs to change its reservation system so that LNF rates with breakfast included can be recognised without any issue by hotel staff.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:49 am
B1

They wait and it's gone

For the LNF I had a four night stay on Marriott's site at $1086 and the same room on booking.com was $1006. I filed a claim with the web address. By the time Marriott responded they found Booking.com had (surprise) raised its rate to $1086. "According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, Marriott will verify your claim within 24 hours of receipt and notify you of the results. The comparison rate must still be available at the time Marriott validates the claim. According to our review, we have determined that, as of the time we attempted to validate your claim, the accommodations with which your comparison was made are not available as described in your claim. We have no means of determining whether such accommodations and rates were available at an earlier time.

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program."
I have a screen shot, which is what other sites ask for. I could have cancelled the Marriott booking and saved $80 by using booking.com. What's the point of providing a price match guarantee if the guarantor doesn't accept the only possible evidence. I suspect Marriott told booking.com to raise its rate as the booking.com page said there were five rooms available at the lower price. I never was turned down at Hilton or Expedia. I had a legitimate claim - they should accept a screen shot.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:31 pm
Suspended

you state the 24-hour review/reply period but fail to state if your claim was reviewed w/i this period.

Originally Posted by B1
For the LNF I had a four night stay on Marriott's site at $1086 and the same room on booking.com was $1006. I filed a claim with the web address. By the time Marriott responded they found Booking.com had (surprise) raised its rate to $1086. "According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, Marriott will verify your claim within 24 hours of receipt and notify you of the results. The comparison rate must still be available at the time Marriott validates the claim. According to our review, we have determined that, as of the time we attempted to validate your claim, the accommodations with which your comparison was made are not available as described in your claim. We have no means of determining whether such accommodations and rates were available at an earlier time.

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program."
I have a screen shot, which is what other sites ask for. I could have cancelled the Marriott booking and saved $80 by using booking.com. What's the point of providing a price match guarantee if the guarantor doesn't accept the only possible evidence. I suspect Marriott told booking.com to raise its rate as the booking.com page said there were five rooms available at the lower price. I never was turned down at Hilton or Expedia. I had a legitimate claim - they should accept a screen shot.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
This happens so many times to me and that's why I never expect a sure win for my claims - now that I expect each claim will take me 2 times to be accepted.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:38 pm
B1

Originally Posted by leeky
you state the 24-hour review/reply period but fail to state if your claim was reviewed w/i this period.
It was reviewed within that period. The other site raised its price in the meantime. The room was available for less soon after I booked it with Marriott. They took their time and the other site miraculously raised its price to exactly the same as Marriott's. If I had made a reservation at the other site at the lower price it seems like that would not have been accepted as evidence either.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by B1

If at first you do succeed, try try again.
I keep on looking up until i can't cancel my reservation even if I already got an LNF rate. I've topped them many times.
If it was only an $80 difference you can probably get an AAA rate for about the same savings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.