Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott's Look No Further-Best Rate Guaranteed Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 8:17 pm
cxr

Nevermind different room categories

Last edited by cxr; May 26, 2015 at 8:37 pm
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: BD*G, BA*S, LH*S, VS, Marriott*G, Hilton*G, SPG*G
Has anyone had issues with a LNF claim and being told that the availability has disappeared when it hasn't? Or that the claim website isn't working when it is working perfectly?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by ADZ1616
Has anyone had issues with a LNF claim and being told that the availability has disappeared when it hasn't? Or that the claim website isn't working when it is working perfectly?
Haven't had that problem lately.

Mine is that they are taking their sweet time and by the time they get to it, the rate really does disappear.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Happened to me wore a few times, especially with sites that they are not familiar with.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:22 am

Something new? Instead of getting the regular canned response, this time they asked for further info such as the device I was using so they can duplicate.

Of course this was after 4 emails, 3 different sites for comparisons,0 over 2 days. They were very nice and I finally got approved.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I have been on a LNF approval winning streak with AC properties in Spain and Turkey until today...denied for the Courtyard Toronto Airport due to the other website being sold out.

Overall the response times for me with Marriott are slightly ahead of Starwood and much faster than awful Hilton. ^
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:04 pm

I recently have been receiving some hassle when checking in on a LNF rate. All my recent LNF claims included breakfast. But when I checked in, the hotel could only see the rate as room only, and I had to spend time explaining / insisting that the hotel's record was incorrect. Fortunately I would bring along a printout of my reservation from the Marriott website and that would put a stop to the dispute. But really, such experiences were rather awkward at reception and something I could have done without.

And occasionally after explaining to reception at check in, I would have the hassle repeated when I turned up at the restaurant for breakfast... where the restaurant staff refused to accept that my stay was inclusive of breakfast. Another embarrassing interaction that I could do without.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:40 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Interesting.

I have a stay tonight with the same breakfast included LNF approved and, being Spain, I anticipate a back and forth about it at the front desk or warden at the breakfast area.

Which brand have you been experiencing these issues at? Just curious.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Interesting.

I have a stay tonight with the same breakfast included LNF approved and, being Spain, I anticipate a back and forth about it at the front desk or warden at the breakfast area.

Which brand have you been experiencing these issues at? Just curious.
Autograph Collection - Glasshouse in Edinburgh and St Ermins in London. I find their standard, though supposedly luxury boutique, to be not very polished. I attribute to general poor levels of staff training.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Autograph Collection - Glasshouse in Edinburgh and St Ermins in London. I find their standard, though supposedly luxury boutique, to be not very polished. I attribute to general poor levels of staff training.
Sadly, the Autography Collection properties can be very reluctant to acknowledge they are even a part of Marriott - a bit frustrating. I am having this same experience at the AC properties in Spain...high speed internet needs to be paid for, etc and priority check-in does not exist.

The challenge with LNF approvals and escalating the issue to corporate will likely not go far I fear, nor accomplish anything.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
LNF w/ breakfast has always been a problem. It is SOP to bring the printout of the reservation (where it is noted) as well as the LNF Email.
So far I have not seen any issues at the front desk to get it adjusted.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:18 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cfischer
LNF w/ breakfast has always been a problem. It is SOP to bring the printout of the reservation (where it is noted) as well as the LNF Email.
^
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
Ummm...have you been to the AC properties in Europe yet?

I had a 10ish minute back and forth with the FDM about the breakfast (I had 2 Nespresso and an orange juice) and they assured me they were correct. I showed the LNF confirmation email and he replied "of course, but with breakfast the rate goes back to the original higher rate". I pushed back and suggested that I forward him the email to check with his Marriott contacts and:

Dear Mr. PW,
I would like to inform you that everything is cleared
Marriott confirmed the breakfast included, apologize for inconveniences.
We hope to see you soon and provide you an stay without incidents.
Best regards,

(name withheld)| Front Desk Manager | AC Hotel (property withheld)| Madrid, Spain

Now I am of 2 minds on this incident. Firstly, I give kudos to the FDM for replying in a timely manner with a sincere apology, however, it never should have happened in the first place.

As an aside, I arrived at the newish AC property in Istanbul and am quite pleased. The FDS is awesome and should be sent to Spain to whip those staff into shape. ^ ^
Old Jun 26, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Ummm...have you been to the AC properties in Europe yet?

I had a 10ish minute back and forth with the FDM about the breakfast (I had 2 Nespresso and an orange juice) and they assured me they were correct. I showed the LNF confirmation email and he replied "of course, but with breakfast the rate goes back to the original higher rate". I pushed back and suggested that I forward him the email to check with his Marriott contacts and:

Dear Mr. PW,
Best regards,

(name withheld)| Front Desk Manager | AC Hotel (property withheld)| Madrid, Spain

Now I am of 2 minds on this incident. Firstly, I give kudos to the FDM for replying in a timely manner with a sincere apology, however, it never should have happened in the first place.

As an aside, I arrived at the newish AC property in Istanbul and am quite pleased. The FDS is awesome and should be sent to Spain to whip those staff into shape. ^ ^
yup, AC Hotels ... showed my confirmation which said 'breakfast included' and they took it off instantly.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:42 am

Dear Mr. PW,
Best regards,

Exactly! You expect any Marriott hotel to be fully apprised of their own LNF policy - that breakfast inclusive rates may be approved under LNF. And even if they were ignorant, they should have gotten the reservation corrected at check-in after I had shown them the LNF printout.

At The Glasshouse Edinburgh, I had the further hassle at breakfast... where after all my family and I were seated, the restaurant waitress asked if it would be OK for whatever we ordered to be charged to the room. I said no firmly and reiterated that my room rate had included BF, and I had informed reception at check in. She called reception and reception presumably checked the (uncorrected) hotel reservation system, and told her (incorrectly) that my reservation didn't include BF. When she informed me of that, I was livid and demanded to see the duty manager immediately. We had to wait for the duty manager to come down to the restaurant to verify that I was telling the truth before we were allowed to order anything. Anticipating that 'proof' was needed yet again, I had to trudge back to my room to retrieve my LNF printout. And after that my family and I sat for a full 15 minutes or so in awkward silence until the duty manager arrived. While he did quickly sort it out by asking the waitress to charge all our BFs as complimentary, it still left a somewhat unpleasant start to the morning...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.