Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Card nights not posting

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Where, if anywhere, can you see the night credit for a $3000 spend increment with a date on it?
As much as it would make sense to do that, they don't.

Nights increase without any documentation when credit card spend creates them.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: MVCI, MRP
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Glad to see this thread and learn that I am not alone.

My points for credit card spend (October statement, paid in early November) just posted today (November 15.). But the corresponding nights credit for those points have not yet posted.

It's easy to look back on the Marriott website and see when the points posted for my credit card spend. It's usually on the 13th, 14th, or 15th of the month. Is there a way to look back and see when the corresponding nights posted? If I click "2014 Nights Detail," all that I am able to see is my nights total and not a breakdown of when those nights posted.
Usually the Elite Nights will be posted within 1-3 days of the monthly Points activity. So, like yours my Points post on/around the 11th/13th with the Nights a day or three later. In September both Points and Nights were posted correctly; since then only the Points have shown up.

Am I correct that we can verify how many Nights should be posted through the current Nov '14 activity by searching back through our chase.com accounts, totaling the "Purchases" amount for each monthly statement, dividing that by $3,000, and then subtracting the 15 Nights applied on the anniversary to reach the total Nights that should be credited for spends? I want something tangible to discuss with them when I call and this seems like it might serve the purpose. Any thoughts?

Last edited by SueDonJ; Nov 15, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
How else would you do it?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
How else would you do it?
I don't know. But I want to make sure that I'm not forgetting to back out any other type of Nights, like the 15 anniversary, that might be totaled in that field.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Don't forget spend from the previous year(s). If you opened the card last year and spent $5,000, you would have a carryover for the current year. You would have received credit for 3 nights ($4,500 worth of spend) and the carry over to this year would have been $500 so only $1,000 spend in the current year would be needed for the first night's credit.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
My nights posted on the 9th or 10th for each of the past 5 months (Jun-Oct). Am expecting another for this month, but it has not posted, either. Looked back at my records and I had expected a night to post last November and it did not show up until January. I sure hope that doesn't happen this year since everything I earn from now on will roll over.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Yeah my nights haven't posted yet either, and they would put me at Platinum.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mindrisa
Don't forget spend from the previous year(s). If you opened the card last year and spent $5,000, you would have a carryover for the current year. You would have received credit for 3 nights ($4,500 worth of spend) and the carry over to this year would have been $500 so only $1,000 spend in the current year would be needed for the first night's credit.
What card are you talking about? The Marriott Premier Visa from Chase [USA] gives a free night for every $3000 spend, not for every $1500 spend.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Credit Card nights not posting

Sorry. Good catch. Should have been one night credit with $2,000 carryover in my example.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:52 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
im in the same boat! i will be calling tomorrow..
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
It looks like Marriott will be getting a lot of calls on Monday.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:14 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by tbrein
It looks like Marriott will be getting a lot of calls on Monday.
I think Marriott will tell you that you have to call Chase.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Michilander
I think Marriott will tell you that you have to call Chase.
Sent a secure message to Chase this morning with the inquiry.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:42 am

Hmmmm, the Plat Customer Service line didn't bounce me last month but I'm not calling all over creation only to be told to call somewhere else. Insiders seems to be the only place that Marriott reps read these days, so it's posted over there if anyone's interested:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.../124146#124146
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by SueDonJ
Hmmmm, the Plat Customer Service line didn't bounce me last month but I'm not calling all over creation only to be told to call somewhere else. Insiders seems to be the only place that Marriott reps read these days, so it's posted over there if anyone's interested:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.../124146#124146
Here's the existing thread that predates your thread on Marriott Insiders:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/17507

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.