Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex offer $50 off $200 at FS Marriotts (may be dead)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Check your amex offers (or just tweet #AmexMarriott) for $50 off $200 spend at Marriott (only Marriott brand excludes other brands). Last time for the Courtyard Amex offer gc worked. See here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-9-30-a-2.html

T&C:
Offer valid only at Marriott® Hotels brand properties. Must book directly with Marriott Hotels. Reservations must be made online at www.marriotthotels.com. Offer valid only for charges to the room, including room rate, in US and Puerto Rico only. Offer not valid in Guam. Offer excludes the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton®, EDITION®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, JW Marriott®, Renaissance Hotels®, MOXY(TM) Hotels, Courtyard®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Protea Hotels(TM), Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Gaylord Hotels® and Marriott Vacation Club®. Enrollment limited. Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before or after 11/6/14 and 12/31/14. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Corporate Cards and all prepaid Card products are not eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thanks for the heads-up! Went online to my account and added the offer to my card.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:10 am
Suspended

Thanks toooldtostayoutlate, you are really on tip of things- this just went live today.
I plan to buy a gc soon. Will let you know if I get the email.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:00 am
Suspended

It worked

Success! Got the congrats email for buying a $200 gc. Good chance all the pos bloggers will post this on their site by tonight.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by notahappycamper
Success! Got the congrats email for buying a $200 gc. Good chance all the pos bloggers will post this on their site by tonight.
You bought gift card online or at a hotel?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by qazw1
You bought gift card online or at a hotel?
At a hotel
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by notahappycamper
At a hotel
If I read all the exclusions, it has to be at a FS Marriott?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: LTP, PP
"Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/14"

If I read this correct, its one per AMEX credit card? I (stupidly) have like 7.

Might be worthwhile to have the FD break up the stay and use different cards and get the bonus multiple times! Or buy multiple GC's with different AMEX's.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:00 am

Oh no, I thought buying the gc online would work but not sure it will.
No confirmation yet.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by marlin
Oh no, I thought buying the gc online would work but not sure it will.
No confirmation yet.
It will not work, must be at a Marriott hotel and not a CY or something excluded.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
"Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/14"

If I read this correct, its one per AMEX credit card? I (stupidly) have like 7.

Might be worthwhile to have the FD break up the stay and use different cards and get the bonus multiple times! Or buy multiple GC's with different AMEX's.
Well ignore this, they are smarter than that. I saw the offer on the first AMEX card I chose at random, then never again on the offers of 6 other cards although the other offers appear to be the same over and over...
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
What types of Amex cards do you have? I dont see this on my Biz gold
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
This has a Twitter offer so you can add it to many Amex cards.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Biz Gold, Plum, Starwood, Simply cash, Costco, Everyday

The new Everyday card is the only place I saw it but it was the first card I tried to link so I assume that doing that deleted the possibility of all other links. Maybe I am wrong?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
This has a Twitter offer so you can add it to many Amex cards.
Can you elaborate the on the process?

It definitely links to a specific card using Twitter?

I don't do Twitter but might be worth it to link multiple card.

Thanks if you have the time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.