Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

What happens if I cancel reward night stay at Renaissance, Aruba?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold

We have planned to be at Aruba for this Christmas 2014. (Dec 24 to 30).

First 2 nights we will be at Radisson (booked using points with 1 free night through credit card using my account)

I booked Renaissance Aruba Resort using Marriott points for next 4 nights (12/26 to 12/30). (I can only book 4 nights together with Renaissance and, I am not able to split 2 nights/stay each unfortunately).

The cancellation policy reads like this:
You may cancel your reservation for no charge until October 31, 2014 (56 day[s] before arrival).

Please note that we will assess a fee if you must cancel after this deadline.

If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.

This fee equals your room charge plus tax for all the nights of your reservation."

If Radisson opens up the award space before October 31, I will book Radisson for the last 2 nights - 12/28 to 12/30 too and cancel Renaissance altogether - which will be great.

At this point if I request them, will Marriott be flexible to book me just for 2 nights with Renaissance for 12/28 to 12/30?

If I didn't cancel before October 31, and cancel at later date, what will happen to my points? I have given only a Virtual CC while booking.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by kay_jay
We have planned to be at Aruba for this Christmas 2014. (Dec 24 to 30).

First 2 nights we will be at Radisson (booked using points with 1 free night through credit card using my account)

I booked Renaissance Aruba Resort using Marriott points for next 4 nights (12/26 to 12/30). (I can only book 4 nights together with Renaissance and, I am not able to split 2 nights/stay each unfortunately).

The cancellation policy reads like this: u
You may cancel your reservation for no charge until October 31, 2014 (56 day[s] before arrival).

Please note that we will assess a fee if you must cancel after this deadline.

If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.

This fee equals your room charge plus tax for all the nights of your reservation."

If Radisson opens up the award space before October 31, I will book Radisson for the last 2 nights - 12/28 to 12/30 too and cancel Renaissance altogether - which will be great.

At this point if I request them, will Marriott be flexible to book me just for 2 nights with Renaissance for 12/28 to 12/30?

If I didn't cancel before October 31, and cancel at later date, what will happen to my points? I have given only a Virtual CC while booking.
Why not call MR and ask?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:58 am
Suspended

Well, since we are talking about the last 2 days of the year which is a very busy time in the Caribbean, I think that the hotel would be well within their rights to confiscate your points.

The better thing to do would be to find out in advance in writing what would occur and then suck it up if you don't like the answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.