Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Resorts in America with Kids Clubs and Activities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:19 am
Original Poster

I've noticed lots of threads about best family hotel in a,b,c etc. But I'm looking more specifically for nice resorts in the US that have a kids club and some kids entertainment on and activities.

We''re coming over from the UK in May next year. Would consider anywhere within 4-5 hours from Chicago I suppose. Ideally a nice resort with all the kids stuff included. Done Orlando so somewhere else and also would consider Caribbean, Mexico, Puerto Rica etc.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:45 am

5 hours from chicago most of the year will not be swimming weather (may included). For that matter I am not sure there are that many resorts within 5 hours.

Caribbean Aruba, Cancun, St. Kitts, Curacao are all options.

Florida has Marco Island and Amelia Island if you don't want Disney. Others can help with Cali, Arizona or texas.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jr1202sr
5 hours from chicago most of the year will not be swimming weather (may included). For that matter I am not sure there are that many resorts within 5 hours.

Caribbean Aruba, Cancun, St. Kitts, Curacao are all options.

Florida has Marco Island and Amelia Island if you don't want Disney. Others can help with Cali, Arizona or texas.
Well it's end of May. Considering we're from the UK it should feel like summer no
Old Oct 18, 2014, 4:58 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Most of the MVCI properties are very "family" oriented with kids activities and programs.

The Harbor Beach Marriott in Ft. Lauderdale has some nice kids activities and is a very nice resort. The Marriott World Center next to Disney World has a very nice main pool (with waterfalls and slides) and has a ton of kids activities (and the "Palms" MVCI properties next to the World Center gets use of those services/pools as well.)
Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by kitehoo
Well it's end of May. Considering we're from the UK it should feel like summer no
No offense, but the UK has nothing on Chicago in terms of the Cold. Now May isn't February, but I would be surprised if any resorts within 5 hours of Chicago have much going on in MAY.

I would look to Florida or the Caribbean. Great time and deals there in May. Past Spring Break and Before Summer and great temperatures.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ritz Carlton Resorts tend to have more elaborate kids' programs, but with prices to match.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
https://www.marriott.com/hotel-searc...family-travel/

https://www.marriott.com/hotel-searc...family-travel/
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Of course there are & swimming is fine. How many of the resorts offer specific kids activities is probably the bigger question.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Of course there are & swimming is fine. How many of the resorts offer specific kids activities is probably the bigger question.

Cheers.
http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/resort.hotels/

There are not many resorts within 5 hours (300 miles).
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/resort.hotels/

There are not many resorts within 5 hours (300 miles).
When someone is coming over from the UK & says 4-5 hours from Chicago, says they've done Orlando already & they're willing to consider Caribbean, Mexico & Puerto Rico, I make the assumption they're flying, not driving There are a # of resorts within 4-5 hours of flying from Chicago.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Yeah sorry everyone. I should have been more specific. I did mean flying from Chicago. I used to live there myself and now understand the comments regarding swimming haha. Sorry for any confusion.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for those Iztok. I did see those myself but they don't offer a great deal of information. I might have to bit the bullet and skype round a few of them.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by kitehoo
Yeah sorry everyone. I should have been more specific. I did mean flying from Chicago. I used to live there myself and now understand the comments regarding swimming haha. Sorry for any confusion.
My comments were based on driving. 5 hours of flying open up almost anything. See if you can get a good fare from ORD to St. Kitts. Great Kids Club there.

Cancun as well. May is a good time to visit too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.