Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Milan Malpensa Airport, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Milan Property now able to be booked for September opening.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...pensa-airport/

Category 2, wow, that could really make your points go quite a ways.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Wish me luck....

Need to be in MXP region early on 4th September; so I've booked a night for the 3rd.. At €75 I think it's very good value.

(Fully expecting to have to rebook elsewhere, but thought it was worth "taking a chance")
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Wickersley
Need to be in MXP region early on 4th September; so I've booked a night for the 3rd.. At €75 I think it's very good value.

(Fully expecting to have to rebook elsewhere, but thought it was worth "taking a chance")
If the opening doesn't get pushed, please do a trip report (in a new thread to make it easier for search). Thx!

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:42 pm

Saw this on Marriott website:

The "Crew” Readies for Milan

August 14, 2014 – Milan, Italy – Got Moxy? This week, thirteen spirited, fun and thoughtful “Crew Members” officially began their fearless journey in opening Marriott International’s first ever Moxy Hotel, opening in Milan in September. [Double click to enlarge image.]

The crew - including singers, dancers, martial artists, photographers, DJ’s and musicians – gathered together in Milan for their first official day on the job which was anchored by a full day orientation program on bringing the essence of Moxy to life. Vicki Poulos, Global Brand Director led sessions that included guest engagement in social media, a Moxy inspired fashion show and in depth sessions on creating the Moxy Hotels experience.

Moxy Hotels will debut in just a few weeks, entering the market with a distinctive attitude and modern flair. The new Moxy Milan is set to boldly reinvent the traditional economy hotel experience, setting the stage for the global introduction of Moxy Hotels with upcoming openings planned for Munich, Frankfurt, Berlin in Germany; Oslo, Norway; Aberdeen, Scotland and London, United Kingdom."

Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:16 am

Moxy Milan Italy

A hat tip to protox88 for posting this info (see below) in the promotional codes thread. Thought I'd start a new thread for this property as we've got some FTers staying at it soon & post the info here. Plus they'll be able to do their trip reports in this property specific thread, which will make it easier for those doing a search.

"Just FYI - the promo code 'PRO' works for Moxy Milan Airport - for stays until Oct 31st (inclusive). Standard Queen Room, Guest room, 1 Queen goes from 67 EUR to 55 EUR."

The rate rules say: "Opening Promotion MOXY Hotels, includes wireless Internet", although under room details it says that wireless internet is complimentary anyway.

The property is a Category 2. Has 10 suites.

It's supposedly walking distance to Terminal 2 at the airport, and there's a free 24-hr shuttle from Terminal 1.

Pets are allowed up to 22 pounds (no idea if there is a surcharge).

Cheers.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

@ a Cat 2 solid value. Wonder how long this will hold- looking at Italy maybe next summer.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
[SIZE=1]

@ a Cat 2 solid value. Wonder how long this will hold- looking at Italy maybe next summer.
I don't think I'd recommend any of the main stream Marriotts in Northern Italy for a vacation...

Looking forward to seeing what the "Moxy Concept" is like - perhaps this hotel will change my view (although the geography is challenging for anything other than an "airport stay")
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I don't think I'd recommend any of the main stream Marriotts in Northern Italy for a vacation...

Looking forward to seeing what the "Moxy Concept" is like - perhaps this hotel will change my view (although the geography is challenging for anything other than an "airport stay")
I think you mean access to the city? If so, no worry. The airport express train takes you to Cadorna Station. Walking distance to city center from there.

When stayed at the Sheraton MXP (now I have more option), I went to Milan daily by train. Hope Moxy is as good as Sheraton MXP.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Still in the early stages of planning... thanks for the input.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allset2travel
I think you mean access to the city? If so, no worry. The airport express train takes you to Cadorna Station. Walking distance to city center from there.

When stayed at the Sheraton MXP (now I have more option), I went to Milan daily by train. Hope Moxy is as good as Sheraton MXP.
That means 14 to 16 euro round trip by the airport bus, or 18 to 20 euro on the train. Both options take approx one hour and a bit more - one way.

Personally I think airport hotels are better for overnight airport stay for either late arrival or early flight. Love the Sheraton MXP for that purpose as it is attached to the terminal.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Happy
Personally I think airport hotels are better for overnight airport stay for either late arrival or early flight.
+1

I would certainly not stay at (remote) MXP for visiting Milan.

I usually stay at the very good Crowne Plaza Milan City, which is next a metro station, and very convenient.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
That means 14 to 16 euro round trip by the airport bus, or 18 to 20 euro on the train. Both options take approx one hour and a bit more - one way..
Return ticket for family (up to 2 adults and 2 children) €30.
Journey time from MXP to Cadorna 30 minutes.

Personally I think airport hotels are better for overnight airport stay for either late arrival or early flight. Love the Sheraton MXP for that purpose as it is attached to the terminal.
I had a late arrival on first night, and late departure on the third night. So I enjoyed the convenience of the airport hotel and 2 full days to do the city. Didn't have to worry about luggage. Just left them with the hotel until time to meet my departing flight. Couldn't find a better way to use Sheraton MXP. As PLT, usually got room UG too!

BTW, at Cadorna, there 2 metro lines and a bunch of trams for connecting to where ever.

Next time, I think I will give Moxy a try.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:39 am

Moxy Milan formally opened today according to Marriott website.

http://news.marriott.com/2014/09/mox...-go-there.html

Looking forward to trip report by Wickersley who, according to posts above, is staying there tonight!

Cheers.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Looking forward to trip report by Wickersley who, according to posts above, is staying there tonight!

Cheers.

Greetings!

Been here 30 mins, first thoughts/impressions...

I arrived into T1 MXP

No obvious signs for the shuttle (hardly a surprise, T1 shopping area is being renovated), but as I was picking up a hire car, Avis here I come...

Followed the signs for T2 - just follow the signs - keep the faith!

Moxy is on your left as you enter the T2

The hotel has NO PARKING, I dumped my car in the P5 parking area over the street from the hotel (no idea of cost, guess I'll find out tomorrow)

All (4) staff spoke excellent English ^

Friendly check in, thanks for being a platinum member - hotel opened on time, Noon Monday

No mention of Plat arrival gift (I'm not that bothered), breakfast was explained as a "grab & go" concept - again "you have not booked a breakfast rate"

Lobby/breakfast area is bright & attractive - 4 areas..from "loud & vibrant" to "quiet zone"

Amused by the communal breakfast table - definitely a Scandinavian influence

Room was small & functional - better than you'd get in an Ibis; but you get the idea..

Time to head to the bar for a glass of most excellent Moretti Birra...

Last edited by Wickersley; Sep 3, 2014 at 4:23 pm
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
excellent!

beer self-served?

Last edited by bdschobel; Sep 4, 2014 at 9:40 am Reason: Removed quote

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.