Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Nusa Dua, Bali [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:37 pm

Any updates? We're staying there for a few nights over our honeymoon. Never been to Bali and we're spending a few nights at the Ritz in Nusa Dua and a few nights in Ubud. Are there any local restaurants or anything walking distance from the Ritz? We'd prefer not to fly halfway around the world to just sit at a resort! Plus, prefer to take advantage of cheap Bali prices and not have every meal at resort prices.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:22 pm
Suspended

have been to Bali every year for the past 5 but stayed over on the west coast (sunsets, vrs sunrises, and easier to get to tourist sites like Tanah Lot) at the Stones (switching over from our initial stays at the Conrad) which has dozens of places nearby to eat along with shopping galore.

think you'll find that restaurants in your area are nearby the Nikko Hotel more so then the Ritz, but to list potential places, what type of food would you be looking for?

BTW, you didn't state when your trip to Bali is scheduled for but hopefully it's not in November (I found out the hard way on my first trip) as it rains over 50% of the month being in the southern hemisphere (I've now learned to schedule our yearly return for the last 2 weeks in August and haven't seen any rainy days)

Originally Posted by lizs
Any updates? We're staying there for a few nights over our honeymoon. Never been to Bali and we're spending a few nights at the Ritz in Nusa Dua and a few nights in Ubud. Are there any local restaurants or anything walking distance from the Ritz? We'd prefer not to fly halfway around the world to just sit at a resort! Plus, prefer to take advantage of cheap Bali prices and not have every meal at resort prices.

Last edited by leeky; Oct 13, 2015 at 10:05 pm
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by leeky
have been to Bali every year for the past 5 but stayed over on the west coast (sunsets, vrs sunrises, and easier to get to tourist sites like Tanah Lot) at the Stones (switching over from our initial stays at the Conrad) which has dozens of places nearby to eat along with shopping galore.

think you'll find that restaurants in your area are nearby the Nikko Hotel more so then the Ritz, but to list potential places, what type of food would you be looking for?

BTW, you didn't state when your trip to Bali is scheduled for but hopefully it's not in November (I found out the hard way on my first trip) as it rains over 50% of the month being in the southern hemisphere (I've now learned to schedule our yearly return for the last 2 weeks in August and haven't seen any rainy days)
We're looking for any types of restaurants, anywhere from local hole in the walls to a nice dinner out. We know the hotels all have restaurants but always prefer more authentic dining experiences. If we can't get them by the Ritz then we'll get them in Ubud, but I figured i'd ask to determine how many nights in each place.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1.5MM 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime
We're looking for any types of restaurants, anywhere from local hole in the walls to a nice dinner out. We know the hotels all have restaurants but always prefer more authentic dining experiences. If we can't get them by the Ritz then we'll get them in Ubud, but I figured i'd ask to determine how many nights in each place.
You are basically staying at the equivalent of Waikiki and are asking about 'authentic' Hawaiian food. It's not gonna happen in hotels around Nusa Dua I'm afraid to tell you. That isn't to say there aren't GREAT restaurants there, but they are all within the confines of the hotels in the area, and are priced accordingly. If you want to go a tad further afoot, head to Jimbaran Bay and the many seafood restaurants there. Alternatively, Bubu Seafood and Chinese Restaurant is close by the Ritz and was excellent. We visited there twice before heading to Ubud/Four Seasons.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
How does the RC compare to the GH Bali?

My gf and I are looking to take a trip to Bali in March (neither of us have been before) and the options are:

1) 200k Marriott points for RC Bali
2) 30k Hyatt Points + $375 for GH Bali
3) $847 for GH Bali

RC was the clear winner but after the recent Hyatt Diamond Twitter status match I now have Hyatt Diamond and DSUs to burn to Hyatt is now on the radar as an option (and then obviously saving Marriott for later and potentially some SPG properties post merger).

Thoughts?

Last edited by Duke787; Nov 29, 2015 at 5:26 pm
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:23 pm

Just a quick update, we LOVED the RC Nusa Dua. It helped that as a Marriott Gold (and on our honeymoon) we were upgraded to a Pool Pavilion Villa: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Proper...l-Pavilion.htm. We found the hospitality outstanding, the concierge fabulous, the rates for using their private drivers (contracted out but cars RC branded) very reasonable. It was hot as Hades but the private pool certainly helped that!

Drinks and food are very expensive by Balinese standards of course but for redeeming our two free RC credit card nights there we were beyond pleased. It was by far the nicest room upgrade I have ever gotten, with the pool villas going for $800 a night or so. We were considering asking at check-in to pay for a lagoon access suite so to get a big jump in room for free we were quite, quite happy!

ETA: It was quite isolated though in Nusa Dua so we were very happy we moved to Ubud for a few days as well. But we found some restaurants (including Bali Cardamom) were happy to arrange for someone to pick us up, and drop us off. We tipped the driver each way still, however.

Last edited by lizs; Feb 3, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, DL, CO
Has anyone stayed at the RC Bali lately? I will be staying at the hotel next month and I am concerned about the construction next door. Any feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Anybody know if alcohol is complimentary in the club lounge?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
All RC's worldwide on club have complimentary alcohol. This is a RC brand standard and not subject to variation by property.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PDXbased1K
All RC's worldwide on club have complimentary alcohol. This is a RC brand standard and not subject to variation by property.
Great to know - I thought I read somewhere in property description that alcohol was paid at this property. Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:17 pm

Just a quick update, we LOVED the RC Nusa Dua. It helped that as a Marriott Gold (and on our honeymoon) we were upgraded to a Pool Pavilion Villa: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Proper...l-Pavilion.htm. We found the hospitality outstanding, the concierge fabulous, the rates for using their private drivers (contracted out but cars RC branded) very reasonable. It was hot as Hades but the private pool certainly helped that!

Drinks and food are very expensive by Balinese standards of course but for redeeming our two free RC credit card nights there we were beyond pleased. It was by far the nicest room upgrade I have ever gotten, with the pool villas going for $800 a night or so. We were considering asking at check-in to pay for a lagoon access suite so to get a big jump in room for free we were quite, quite happy!

ETA: It was quite isolated though in Nusa Dua so we were very happy we moved to Ubud for a few days as well. But we found some restaurants (including Bali Cardamom) were happy to arrange for someone to pick us up, and drop us off. We tipped the driver each way still, however.
Hi - just wondered if you had a contact email address for anyone in management / concierge at the RC Bali ?

We are planning on travelling there for our honeymoon later this year, and as a Marriott Gold, I hoped to drop contact in advance...

Also, can anyone please advise on how long it takes to get to an area with some more restaurants / shops - I presume everything involves a taxi ride from what I have read ?

Many thanks
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:18 pm

Also - is there complimentary pick up / drop off at the airport please ??
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by drmish1
Also - is there complimentary pick up / drop off at the airport please ??
Not complimentary. You can contact RC Bali concierge at [email protected]

GM is Karim Tayach
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
How much are they charging for club access these days and how is the club breakfast compared to the restaurants?

I booked a 2 night stay on points as a Gold member. Considering switching one night to FHR to get breakfast/$100 credit vs. just paying for club access for the 2 nights.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:20 am

Would love to know more about club access as well!

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.