Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pittsburgh, PA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2004, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Traveling to the Pittsburgh area on business and wanted any reviews possible for Marriott branded hotels in Pittsburgh. Can anyone help? Looking to stay at the Pittsburgh Downtown Courtyard.
Old Sep 5, 2004, 9:54 am

FT has a wonderful search function.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=pittsburgh
Old Sep 7, 2004, 9:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by LLewis
Traveling to the Pittsburgh area on business and wanted any reviews possible for Marriott branded hotels in Pittsburgh. Can anyone help? Looking to stay at the Pittsburgh Downtown Courtyard.
The Courtyard.......Dont do it!!!

Book the Renaissance, new property, great location, great amenities, high thread count sheets. nice resturant.

The downtown Marriott would be my second choice. Its an older hotel but the resturant (Steelhead) is awsome. The chef is a twenty something year old who has won numerous awards.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Wow, I've lived here for 20 years and worked downtown (or at least have been based downtown) for 12 and didn't know there was a CY downtown. From the map and the picture, I'd agree that the Renn and the Marriott are much better choices
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:08 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
3rd vote for the Renaissance.

I live in the Pittsburgh Area. My wife and I go to the Renaissance for occassional romantic getwawy weekends. Very nice hotel in a pair of beautifully restored buildings. Marriot City Center is also fine though in a less convenient location for most of the downtown area. The Courtyard is a few blocks from the Renaissance. Never stayed at the CY, but given the choice I would definitely go with the Renaissance.

--Jon
Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Another vote for the Ren

I had a fantastic stay there at the beginning of the year. Only "issue" I had was that it took forever for the valet guys when I arrived.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:54 pm

Programs: MR Gold, Hilton Gold
CY in Shadyside

While I agree that the Renaissance is a great property (stayed their the night of my wedding and they treated us great), I would also plug the new (1 year old) Courtyard in Shadyside. We used the hotel for our out of town guests and the staff could not have been better and more accomodating. While Shadyside is certainly not downtown, it is easily accessable from the downtown area both by car and public transportation. Parking is costly out there (about $13 per day plus tax), but it is in a great spot to walk around with stores, restaurants, etc...

All I know about the Courtyard Downtown is that it is a new property in a refurbished building near the new convention center. Not necessarily the best place to walk around at night, but also not a bad location walking distance to the theaters etc...
Old Sep 8, 2004, 9:40 pm

Programs: UAL 1K (1.6 Million Miles), Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
The Rennaissance!!!! Beautiful restored bank building.....neighborhood leaves a bit to be desired, but proximity to local businesses is good.

Views of the River and the Ballpark are great.

As I recall, high ceilings, lots of tall windows, and a fabulous bathroom with a window looking over the River......and a comfy bed.

Pittsburgh isn't my favorite city to visit, but the Rennaissance there makes it almost worthwhile.

I wish Rennaissance's in other cities were all as nice as this one.....
Old Sep 9, 2004, 10:17 am

Programs: PLT-Marriott Rewards; SPG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold
Stayed at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown

I just had a GREAT stay at the new Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown...it was not at all what I expected. I previously stayed at the Renaissance and the Courtyard had a very similar feel to it. The beds were WONDERFUL...I think it was the re-invented bedding package (which I have not seen in any other Courtyard). The guest rooms had VERY high ceilings and wonderful windows that overlook the city. As far as safety, I saw a show at the Benedum Center and walked back abound 11:00pm and felt totally safe. The hotel is also right next to Pittsburgh's new convention center...a really cool looking building. I highly recommend this hotel. The staff was also very pleasant and know how to take care of their frequent guests.

By the was...Great rates!
Old Sep 11, 2004, 1:53 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Another vote for the Renaissance

The Renaissance has my vote. Its a beautiful hotel with an oppulent lobby.
Old May 19, 2005, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I just took a look at that CY downtown and will probably stay there. BUT it has a $22 a NIGHT valet parking fee with apparently no other self-park option. Is there cheaper parking nearby?

thanks!

Originally Posted by JLarson
I just had a GREAT stay at the new Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown...it was not at all what I expected. I previously stayed at the Renaissance and the Courtyard had a very similar feel to it. The beds were WONDERFUL...I think it was the re-invented bedding package (which I have not seen in any other Courtyard). The guest rooms had VERY high ceilings and wonderful windows that overlook the city. As far as safety, I saw a show at the Benedum Center and walked back abound 11:00pm and felt totally safe. The hotel is also right next to Pittsburgh's new convention center...a really cool looking building. I highly recommend this hotel. The staff was also very pleasant and know how to take care of their frequent guests.

By the was...Great rates!
Old May 19, 2005, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
I just took a look at that CY downtown and will probably stay there. BUT it has a $22 a NIGHT valet parking fee with apparently no other self-park option. Is there cheaper parking nearby?

thanks!
Many PPA (Pittsburgh Parking Authority) lots offer an overnight rate in the $5.00-$10.00 range, with entrance permitted after 4:00 PM and exit required before 8:00 AM or so. There is one directly across from the Renaissance; my recollection is that it is $5.00 there. I realize that this isn't much help if you are going to the CY.

Also, there is self-parking in the Chatham Center complex, where the Marriott is located. I recall that the overnight rate there is reasonable. Again, not much help if you need to be at the CY.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 4:54 pm

Pittsburgh Airport Area Hotels

I will need to stay out by the Pittsburgh airport in a couple of weeks and was curious about the Airport Marriott property. Performing a search in this forum did not yield a lot of recent info, other than the old Wyndham has again become a Marriott property. Have any room renovations been completed at this property? If not, is the Courtyard or Springhill Suites a better bet? Unfortunately downtown properties are not a good option for me. Thank you for your comments.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496236
Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:59 am

Thanks

Thank you for the info, looks like nothing has changed yet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.