Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex sync deal - $20 off Courtyard stay thru 9/30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex sync deal - $20 off Courtyard stay thru 9/30

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
It can say whatever it wants to but the fact of the matter is that that Marriott does not convey the specifics of the purchase to Amex for it to make that distinction. That's where the collective experience of FT comes in handy.

As I said couple of posts earlier, I was able to purchase a GC at a local Courtyard and get the $20 statement credit.

FWIW - this is the first bone that Marriott has thrown out after killing all the discounted gift card deals since mid last year as well as cashback on gift cards via places like TopCashback
Gonna take a shot, walking to a Courtyard four blocks from my hotel, called ahead and was told they sell gc.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Just went and was told they do not sell gc. Frustrating to say the least. Not a guest there so no standing to make a complaint. But it's definitely something I will keep in mind if it's ever one of the choices of where I want to stay.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by travelismylife
Just went and was told they do not sell gc. Frustrating to say the least. Not a guest there so no standing to make a complaint. But it's definitely something I will keep in mind if it's ever one of the choices of where I want to stay.
Why not just stay one night at that Courtyard instead of your regular digs and get it done that way. You dont have to jump through multiple hoops to get a gift card. All in all I have made out with 4 x $20 credits on our 4 Amex cards so far. ^
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:12 pm

Off topic, but there was a $50 deal for Hilton. I got it on two of my cards. Forgot the terms and conditions. But it was under "offers" tab when I logged in to pay my credit card bill. Not sure if still available.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:10 pm
Suspended

If anyone knows of a CY in the greater Chicagoland area please pm me. I have called each one and been told they don't sell them but let's just say in my brief conversation with some of the fd people I wasn't inspired with confidence that they had the slightest clue as to what they were talking about.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
I went to the local Courtyard and got the gift card for $100 after doing the AmEx/Twitter sync. No email from AmEx stating my offer was redeemed.

One thing is the clerk opened a "folio" to sell me the gift card. She was unsure if she could sell it through "market" or had to open a "folio" up.

I wonder if AmEx does not receive transaction details for "market" purchases and that is why some here have gotten the credit. But in this case where a "folio" was opened...

We will see. In any case I have a stay next weekend where I will use the card anyway so it is okay. Unless Priceline decides to be generous with my bids this week.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:46 am
Suspended

They are selling gc at Courtyard ORD
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:14 pm

If I book a non-refundable stay for Nov now, will I get the credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.