Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Reminder Emails Lack Link to Concierge Requests

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;

I'm in the middle of my summer doldrums when it comes to travel but I just noticed on two upcoming reservation that the reminder emails that come out about a week in advance no longer have a link to the webpage that allows me to make requests. Is this function still available somewhere or do the various properties no longer allow special requests?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:19 am

I also noticed that. I stayed for the first time at a CY and a RI and thought, that they would not do the virtual concierge thing anyway...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I was thinking the same thing until I looked more closely. I received an email on Wednesday for a stay at a NY Marriott this Saturday night...there is a "book before you arrive" link under the "Plan Your Stay" section of the email. It takes you to the Virtual Concierge. Perhaps having a big notable area for concierge requests in emails was resulting in too many requests and this less noticeable link is an effort to cut down advance concierge requests?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mastermc54
I was thinking the same thing until I looked more closely. I received an email on Wednesday for a stay at a NY Marriott this Saturday night...there is a "book before you arrive" link under the "Plan Your Stay" section of the email. It takes you to the Virtual Concierge.
Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by mastermc54
I was thinking the same thing until I looked more closely. I received an email on Wednesday for a stay at a NY Marriott this Saturday night...there is a "book before you arrive" link under the "Plan Your Stay" section of the email. It takes you to the Virtual Concierge. Perhaps having a big notable area for concierge requests in emails was resulting in too many requests and this less noticeable link is an effort to cut down advance concierge requests?
I now see that link but it only includes the specific request that a hotel would like to offer. There's no place to ask for any other requests or provide other information.

Last edited by DL-Don; Jul 25, 2014 at 10:30 am
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DL-Don
I now see that link but it only includes the specific request that a hotel would like to offer. There's no place to ask for any other requests or provide other information.
My link takes me to a page with a dropdowns titled "Room Service" and "Complimentary" followed by a "your comments" section to type in a message to the hotel. I'm sure it varies from hotel to hotel what you see on that screen.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
No doubt in response to every Gold and PLT using the request box to ask for an upgrade!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:17 am
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
Very interesting. Just yesterday I took issue with SPG CS for the very lack of such a feature. In the SPG case I got a pre-arrival message from the GM at the Royal Orchid Sheraton in BKK suggesting that I should "let us know what we can do to connect you with whatever you need".

I sent a return e-mail requesting early check-in that went instead of directly to the hotel to Worlwide Reservations which in turn suggested that I call the hotel with my request. In return I touted back to them that guests would be much better served by taking a page from Marriott and providing something like Virtual Concierge to permit direct contact with the hotel for special requests. Sad to see that Marriott has now apparently down gauged the feature and making less accessible. Have upcoming res at Ren BKK so I'll be interested to see what I get in the pre-arrival welcome message in a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.