Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel am Steinplatz, Autograph Collection - Berlin, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

I believe that the Hotel am Steinplatz, Autograph Collection - Berlin is a relatively new property for Marriott. Listed as a Cat 6. According to its website there's free wifi throughout the hotel & no lounge. I did a search but it didn't come up on search, hence starting a new thread.

I noticed on the elite offers on the Marriott website the property has a promo going.

Explore the Hotel am Steinplatz, Autograph Collection®, a jewel of Berlin’s Art Nouveau heritage; located just a short walk from the shopping boulevard Ku’damm.

From July 27 - October 18, 2014, stay on Friday-Sunday nights (Friday or Saturday required) and our exclusive offer is only 169 Euros per night, including:

- overnight stay in a deluxe room
- breakfast for two
- welcome cocktails for two in our bar (manager's choice)
- use of fitness and sauna area
- 50% off your second spa treatment

One hundred years after its' first opening as a luxury hotel, Hotel am Steinplatz welcomes guests once again with 87 stylish rooms, a breathtaking SPA offering views over the city of Berlin, and a bar with the most creative and perfectly mixed cocktails.

A limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations:
Click on "Check Availability" to make an online reservation, or call 1-800-MARRIOTT from within the US, or one of our toll-free worldwide reservation numbers outside the US and quote the Promotional Code for this offer.

Valid through: October 18, 2014
Promotional Code: M12
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:25 am
Original Poster

BTW - hoping someone stays here (re: of promo) & does a trip report. Trip Advisor reports are pretty good, but I'd like to hear from FTers too.

Cheers.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:54 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, M&S Gold, Topbonus Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Had a stay here in June. Nice boutique hotel tucked away from the crowded Zoo station (approx 5 mins walk away). The food and bar quality is above average with a decent gym and steam room. The people there are absolutely friendly too!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Talking

Shhhh, don't tell everyone about this hidden gem

It's a great hotel, terrific staff & the upgrades have always been generous

100% my "go to" hotel when in Berlin
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Can you two report on what the property does re: breakfast since there's no lounge? I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I was going to stay here, but scored an 80 Euro/night LNF rate at the Marriott next to the Ritz. Maybe next time - rates aren't bad at all.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
BTW - hoping someone stays here (re: of promo) & does a trip report. Trip Advisor reports are pretty good, but I'd like to hear from FTers too.

Cheers.
Ditto. I am booked for 5 days in mid-August at the Intercontinental which is close by. Was thinking of switching to am Steinplatz as it is climbing up the tripadvisor rankings, but not enough info out there to pull the trigger on it yet.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:02 am

Red face

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Can you two report on what the property does re: breakfast since there's no lounge? I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Stayed last in May, some pictures below

(apologies, I can't work out how to rotate them)

Was given a drink voucher to redeem at the bar
Breakfast was offered free of charge

Entrance:

Work Area:

Bathroom:

(you can't see it properly, there was a shower on the right hand side)

Bedroom:

Free Standing Bath:

As I said earlier, it's my favourite Marriott hotel in Berlin & makes my "Top 5" Globally

Any other questions, drop me a line
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the pictures & the update on what they do re: brekkie & drink.

Cheers.
Old May 15, 2015, 7:53 am

From TXL airport, take bus X9 (2,70 €) and get off at Ernst-Reuter-Platz (14 min. ride). From here it is a 5 min. walk to the hotel.
At checkin I was offered free breakfast or extra points. As I have to leave at 5.00 AM tomorrow, I chose the points.
Room is really nice and staff extremely friendly and helpful.
Old May 15, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old May 15, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
I stayed back in feb for 3 nights. The cab from TXL was reasonable.

They gave me a wonderful suite (it had a private sauna in it as well!). Breakfast was quite good. However, two of the mornings I was offered the full breakfast (anything I wanted). The last morning the waitress informed me that the "free platinum/gold" breakfast only included the continental breakfast.

So YMMV. But it is a wonderful property and will gladly stay again next year (unless our conference moves back to the Berlin marriott).
Old May 19, 2016, 9:10 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
As a Platinum, am trying to sort out whether to stay at the Hotel am Steinplatz or Marriott Berlin for 3 nights in July.

My feeling is that it comes down to one of the best lounges in the Marriott system at the Marriott vs. the best hotel in Berlin (per TA) at the Steinplatz.

The Marriott would be 166 euros per night. The Steinplaz would be about 100 euros a night.

So very torn.

Help?
Old May 19, 2016, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
As a Platinum, am trying to sort out whether to stay at the Hotel am Steinplatz or Marriott Berlin for 3 nights in July.

My feeling is that it comes down to one of the best lounges in the Marriott system at the Marriott vs. the best hotel in Berlin (per TA) at the Steinplatz.

The Marriott would be 166 euros per night. The Steinplaz would be about 100 euros a night.

So very torn.

Help?
No brainer in my view, the Berlin Marriott is a good "cookie cutter" Marriott Hotel, however the Steinplatz is fabulous (my bolding above)

€66/night buys you a lot of snacks & booze...
Old May 19, 2016, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I have stayed at both. I kind of prefer the Marriott location but the lounge was poorly laid out especially at breakfast where the coffee machine holds up the line. Also the Hotel rented out the entire lobby for an event last time I was there. This was so disruptive that I could not even walk from the front door to the elevator because of a pile of luggage from a group blocking the path. The Am Steinplatz was very tranquil by comparison. Anything off the menu for breakfast as Plat but no breakfast buffet offered (free or paid) and no lounge.

My favorite location is Radisson Blu but its not a Marriott so...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.