Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina: Courtyard and Residence Inn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Just noticed on Marriott website that a Residence Inn is opening end of this year/early next & that a Courtyard is opening in mid-2015, both in Sarajavo.

Both properties are Category 4.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jul 16, 2015 at 8:56 am
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by UKOK
I'll take a kevlar vest as my welcome amenity please.
Looks like they have done a pretty good job cleaning things up since the war:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...s-changed.html
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:30 am

I was in Sarajevo for a day last year spending the night at the Hotel Bristol (which is really nice btw).
I walked down the former "sniper alley" to the city center. Sarajevo has a nice old town.
You can still see a few bullet impacts on some houses, but most has been cleaned up.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Residence Inn opened today according to Marriott's website. Category 4.

"Ideally located just twenty minutes from the airport and near the old city, the Residence Inn Sarajevo provides convenient access to the city’s historical and cultural attractions as well as restaurants, cafes and shops. An attractive year-round destination, Sarajevo is known for its variety of summer festivals and skiing throughout the winter months."

Also noticed this when you click on rooms. Been a while since I booked a RI, so don't know if that's normal nomenclature or specific to this property.

"Please Note – 3 guests total in studios with 2 single beds / 4 guests -2 adults and 2 children- in studios and suites with 1 king bed"

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jul 16, 2015 at 8:57 am
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:06 pm
Community Director Emerita

Who has stayed in either property? What did you think?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:33 am

I will be staying at the Courtyard from tomorrow for 2 nights - I shall write a few lines after my stay.

G
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I will be staying at the Courtyard from tomorrow for 2 nights - I shall write a few lines after my stay.

G
Look forward to your trip report. Thx!

Looking at the website. Both properties are Cat 4. RI seems to run 50-70Euros higher than CY (checked a few dif dates).

Cheers.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 6:28 am

Live from the Courtyard in Sarajevo, where the temperature outside is rapidly reaching +40°C (not a nice feeling, having left England this morning with not even +15°C).

I had pre-booked the transfer from the airport for € 30 return, which is not bad, considering that [apparently] some taxi companies try to charge € 30 for a one way journey to the city centre Also, I'd rather bill everything on my Marriott Rewards credit card at the check-out [and earn a few extra points] rather than dealing with a taxi driver.

Brand new property, needless to say (open from Wednesday i.e. just 2 days ago). All smooth at check-in and I was also given a room upgrade. I've asked about the fitness centre, but the [nice] receptionist wasn't sure whether this is open to the public yet. My room is on the last floor and has a nice city view, with the hills in the background.

I shall check bar & restaurant later on (& the breakfast tomorrow morning) and will also post a couple of pictures.

Best for now,

Gus
Old Jul 17, 2015, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much - looking forward to rest of your trip report!

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 12:53 am

@Sharon - enjoy (the quality of the pictures is rubbish, but you get the idea):

View from the room:

7th floor:

Bedroom:

Bathroom:

I should add: extremely helpful staff (always up for a chat), very nice bar area and in a second I'm going to try the fitness centre.

Gus
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:27 am

Fitness centre not open yet as apparently they're having a few issues (for future visitors: it can be quite tricky to find and there are currently no signs on floor 6, where it is actually located; the entrance is through a standard room door).

Breakfast: delicious - proper fish on offer plus a huge variety of bread, pastries etc. which, as I was told from the [lovely] restaurant staff, are from a popular French bakery here in town.

The official opening is next Thursday and I was told that they're already nearly fully booked for next week.

Have a good weekend all.

G
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Hey all - I have some business in Sarajevo and need a hotel with fast wifi. Do either of these hotels have decent wifi speeds?

On a less important note, are they free as a standard course or do I pay if booking through an OTA?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Hey all - I have some business in Sarajevo and need a hotel with fast wifi. Do either of these hotels have decent wifi speeds?

On a less important note, are they free as a standard course or do I pay if booking through an OTA?
The [free] wi-fi at the Courtyard worked really well and probably faster than other hotels - in my experience, of course.

P.S.: you get wi-fi free-of-charge as long as you're a MR member.

P.S. 2: according to one of the staff members at the Courtyard, alcohol is not served at the other Marriott property (which is 5 minutes walk from this one) - you may want to consider that, as well (in case!).

I hope this helps.

G
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
The [free] wi-fi at the Courtyard worked really well and probably faster than other hotels - in my experience, of course.

P.S.: you get wi-fi free-of-charge as long as you're a MR member.

P.S. 2: according to one of the staff members at the Courtyard, alcohol is not served at the other Marriott property (which is 5 minutes walk from this one) - you may want to consider that, as well (in case!).

I hope this helps.

G
Thanks, good to confirm. I spoke with both hotels (although it took some doing, they are not overly responsive via their social media pages). In any event, it was confirmed that the Courtyard has much faster Internet than the Residence Inn although the RI is aware and is working to upgrade their Internet. So I went with the Courtyard.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:56 pm

Does anyone have an email address of the Courtyard Sarajevo?
Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.